CA CA - Marilyn Monroe, 36, Los Angeles, 5 Aug 1962

michelle said:
I think it may have been murder.
I like conspiracy theories (Although I rarely believe them) so I wonder why you think this?

Did she really die?

or is she working at the same WalMart as a greeter as Elvis? ;)

Amraann said:
I like conspiracy theories (Although I rarely believe them) so I wonder why you think this?

How did Marilyn die?

Marilyn died late on the evening of August 4th, 1962 of acute barbiturate poisoning. She overdosed on the drugs Nembutal and Chloral Hydrate, both prescribed for insomnia. How this overdose came about is the subject of much curiousity and controversy. The death theories can be summed up into four main categories: Suicide, Self-administered accidental overdose, Accidental overdose administered by someone else, and Murder.

Here are the basic theories:
SUICIDE: Depressed over her firing from her last film and the failure of her romantic relationships, Marilyn consumed a lethal dose of sleeping pills with the intention of ending her own life. "Probable suicide" was the official verdict on Marilyn's death.

SELF-ADMINISTERED ACCIDENTAL OVERDOSE: Marilyn ingested a fatal overdose of sleeping pills without realizing what she was doing. Either she took more pills having forgotten how many she had taken before, or she had ingested so many pills over the preceding days and hours that a lethal build-up of the drugs had occured in her system, so that the final dose was fatal.

ACCIDENTAL OVERDOSE ADMINISTERED BY SOMEONE ELSE: Marilyn was given the fatal dose through either an enema or an injection administered by someone else; most commonly named are Dr. Ralph Greenson and Marilyn's housekeeper, Eunice Murray.
MURDER: Marilyn was deliberately given the fatal dose with the intention of killing her, either via enema or injection (a "hot shot"). The most commonly named suspects, either directly or indirectly, are the Kennedys, with the motive that Marilyn "knew too much" that she had learned due to her affairs with these powerful men. Other suspects who have been named include the Mafia, most specifically Sam Giancana.
While every theory has its believers, it is most commonly held that whatever truly happened on August 4th, 1962, it wasn't suicide. An overwhelming propensity of evidence suggests that Marilyn did not die by orally ingesting sleeping pills. The scene of death appears to have been tampered with and important tissue samples from the autopsy mysteriously dissappeared, among other odd occurrances. There is very strong evidence that the circumstances surrounding Marilyn's death were covered up for some reason. The theories continue to be debated to this day.

There are many people today who strongly believe she was murdered.
I guess the answer might never be known!

xxxxxxxxxooooo
mama

I knew how she had died but wondered what you all thought about the murder aspect.

It all makes a great movie but really I think Marilyn was just an very unhappy women (as evident by her need for attention ...numerous marriages .. previous legal drug use and drinking) Ultimately Marilyn was a women brought up in the knowledge that she wasn't really loved or wanted and re-invented herself in order to run from her past and find love ....
She found herself loved but not for herself .. She was loved because of this image she invented.
Those men who loved her ... fell in love with the image of the infamous Marilyn NOT who she really may have been.

What was Larry impling here...:eek:

Part of the interveiw with Tony Curtis;

CURTIS: OK. Marilyn -- Marilyn, you know, had to capitulate and give in a lot of areas the beginning of her career. She was a very beautiful woman, and the only way a young woman in those days could make it -- maybe today, too -- was to make themselves accessible to men's passions and lust. OK?

KING: Are you saying she slept around?

CURTIS: I beg your pardon.

KING: She slept around?

CURTIS: Well, that's a nice way to put it, yes.

KING: OK. CURTIS: And so she -- she never forgot that, though. You see, most of us take those slings and arrows as part of the living experience, and as we get a little older, things change for us. It never happened with Marilyn. Marilyn never changed. She never forgot that humiliation of having to drop on her knees.

dark_shadows said:

CURTIS: OK. Marilyn -- Marilyn, you know, had to capitulate and give in a lot of areas the beginning of her career. She was a very beautiful woman, and the only way a young woman in those days could make it -- maybe today, too -- was to make themselves accessible to men's passions and lust. OK?

KING: OK. CURTIS: And so she -- she never forgot that, though. You see, most of us take those slings and arrows as part of the living experience, and as we get a little older, things change for us. It never happened with Marilyn. Marilyn never changed. She never forgot that humiliation of having to drop on her knees.
Really good post.

She probably killed herself but the speculation comes up because of her supposed relationships w/ Peter Lawford, Bobby Kennedy and JF Kennedy. She was possibly romantically linked to both Kennedy brothers and, thus, the motive for murder---would have to cover that up obviously. I still mostly believe that she killed herself.

I just read the entire article and I can't beleive after all this time litigation is still ongoing.

The accidental overdose makes sense until you hear that one of her last telephone calls that night was to her best friend asking if she would bring over a sleeping pill because Marily was out of them. :rolleyes: They found bottles of them next to her bed the next morning though. Interesting . . .

I saw a documentary on Marilyn and the controversy the other day. What I found sad was that the woman whom Marilyn called was on it . . . she's had so much plastic surgery and botox that she could barely open her mouth to speak. My daughter and I watched with disbelief at just how stiff her entire face is. Very freaky.

dark_shadows said:

I read this quote of something Marilyn said once,

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Amraann said:
Hi Amrann. I have just always felt she was murdered because I heard that they found drugs in her rectum and the way everything in her room seemed tampered with.It just seems like a set up. Its been awhile since I have read much on it but I think she was depressed and very vulnerable to many men and maybe she "knew too much" of something and she was done in....Who knows though. I just think its really weird to have drugs in your rectum, thats nasty. If its true??

Jeana (DP) said:
The accidental overdose makes sense until you hear that one of her last telephone calls that night was to her best friend asking if she would bring over a sleeping pill because Marily was out of them. :rolleyes: They found bottles of them next to her bed the next morning though. Interesting . . .

I saw a documentary on Marilyn and the controversy the other day. What I found sad was that the woman whom Marilyn called was on it . . . she's had so much plastic surgery and botox that she could barely open her mouth to speak. My daughter and I watched with disbelief at just how stiff her entire face is. Very freaky.

If it was 48 hrs. I saw it also. That lady is Jeanne Carmen and yes she does look hideous.

kato said:
If it was 48 hrs. I saw it also. That lady is Jeanne Carmen and yes she does look hideous.

Did you see the pictures from when she was younger? She was absolutely STUNNING. One of the most beautiful women I can remember seeing.

Jeana (DP) said:
Did you see the pictures from when she was younger? She was absolutely STUNNING. One of the most beautiful women I can remember seeing.

Yes, she was very beautiful. I've always wondered how MM would have aged.

michelle said:
She probably would have aged beautifully.

If she'd have avoided awful plastic surgery and botox, but MM seemed to be very insecure so I doubt she would've left her looks to nature. How old would she be now, in her 70's?

shopper said:
If she'd have avoided awful plastic surgery and botox, but MM seemed to be very insecure so I doubt she would've left her looks to nature. How old would she be now, in her 70's?
She would be 80 I think. If she stayed away from all the cosmetic stuff you are right on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back