GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

Get a load of this :rolleyes:

I read this. So selfless. A true humanitarian. I am sure that she will have the opportunity to do meaningful work while incarcerated, that will be of tremendous benefit to the women she encounters. Any prison will be blessed with her presence, gentle spirit and experience in organizing luncheons.

I read this. So selfless. A true humanitarian. I am sure that she will have the opportunity to do meaningful work while incarcerated, that will be of tremendous benefit to the women she encounters. Any prison will be blessed with her presence, gentle spirit and experience in organizing luncheons.

You might need to take an anti-emetic drug while reading the petition. Here is one such bilious paragraph:

The ramifications of a lengthy prison sentence extend beyond the individual and affect the broader community that has benefited from Rebecca's selfless dedication. It is a stark reminder that the consequences of legal decisions can resonate far beyond the courtroom, potentially dimming the beacon of hope and healing that Rebecca has tirelessly provided.

Consequences of legal decisions? How about the consequences of her actions? The court was not on trial for the murder, she was.

This beacon of hope and healing is day-drinking then driving, reckless driving without appropriate caution for pedestrians, repetitively speeding in neighborhoods, disavowing responsibility for two fatalities, and repetitively lying to the court.

She's only been in jail for 3 weeks. She's going to have to learn some humility soon.

Last edited:
Rebecca Grossman. The gift that keeps giving. Such shameless and entitled behavior. Assuming she must really hate county jail!

So many take always from all of this. Wonder what could possibly be on the video from the accident that she thinks will clear her? How could her “team” think they could contact jurors without any ramifications? What could her letter to the boys’ parents say since you know it wasn’t a heartfelt apology!

What shenanigans to wake up to. I’m glad the prosecutors are jumping all over this!

Prosecutors want Rebecca Grossman's access to jailhouse phones cut off after they say she encouraged illegal conduct and her team attempted to tamper with jurors who convicted her of double murder.

According to court documents, Grossman told her daughter, Alexis, to make public a deputy-worn body-camera video that had been sealed by the judge and to direct another person to talk to the judge about a new trial. She also encouraged tracking down witnesses to get them to say their testimony was directed.

This is the same article from the LA times, no paywall. I noticed something in this article, RG is no longer a "Socialite". She is referred to as "RG" or "a 60 year old woman".

Just had to laugh. How quickly things change. One day, "A Socialite", the next day, "A 60 year old woman".

She is also a 60 year-old convict Or inmate, if you think the term is antiquated.

Yes. I guess that you are not a "Socialite" after you have been convicted of murder.

I wonder how many of RG's "Socialite" friends will come visit her in prison. You really find out who your true family and friends are when you are in prison. RG made a deadly error, to mix drinking and driving. She needs to make amends to the Iskander family, and the community. That is why she has been sentenced..

She definitely had the funds to call an Uber or Lyft to take her home. Maybe this incident will make other people think twice about driving after drinking, and definitely about speeding or racing in a residential area.

Yes. I guess that you are not a "Socialite" after you have been convicted of murder.

I wonder how many of RG's "Socialite" friends will come visit her in prison. You really find out who your true family and friends are when you are in prison. RG made a deadly error, to mix drinking and driving. She needs to make amends to the Iskander family, and the community. That is why she has been sentenced..

She definitely had the funds to call an Uber or Lyft to take her home. Maybe this incident will make other people think twice about driving after drinking, and definitely about speeding or racing in a residential area.

And, imho - if she had IMMEDIATELY shown remorse, entered alcohol rehab, worked to pay restitution to the Iskander family, set up a generous college fund for the remaining child & funding individual & family counseling with those socialite buck$ --she would have been offered a plea deal & still livin' that Socialite life.

But, the $$$$$ was invested in criminal defense lawyers, instead of the Iskander family.

Philanthropic?

jmho ymmv lrr

And, imho - if she had IMMEDIATELY shown remorse, entered alcohol rehab, worked to pay restitution to the Iskander family, set up a generous college fund for the remaining child & funding individual & family counseling with those socialite buck$ --she would have been offered a plea deal & still livin' that Socialite life.

But, the $$$$$ was invested in criminal defense lawyers, instead of the Iskander family.

Philanthropic?

jmho ymmv lrr

Exactly. Zero remorse. She didn't even show up for hearings, that is how meaningless this was to her. She killed two children! Show some remorse. Acknowledgment that their lives had meaning. Rather than evade blame, or any type of ownership for the consequences of her actions.

The truth of a person's core values. Of course, if she had been this type of person, she probably wouldn't have been out drinking and racing her Mercedes-Benz around. So, there is that.

According to court documents, Grossman told her daughter, Alexis, to make public a deputy-worn body-camera video that had been sealed by the judge and to direct another person to talk to the judge about a new trial. She also encouraged tracking down witnesses to get them to say their testimony was directed.

Alexis Grossman replies, “I will.”

Dr. Peter Grossman, Rebecca Grossman’s husband, then interjects: “Everything you want us to put out, honey, let us know. We’re going to put it all out.”

Gould and Castro wrote that two jurors have reported that three others on the jury were contacted by Paul Stuckey, a private investigator, despite the judge’s sealing jurors’ personal information.

Lots more at the link

It’s not smart to organize your get out of jail plans from prison. I think she is still shocked that she couldn’t find a way to be found not guilty. This is going to be something she can’t buy herself out of.

Is the maximum sentence 34 years, no parole?

Could additional charges be added for her unethical attepts at jury tampering, etc?

I see her as a constant problem prisoner, with enough money for appeal after appeal, and lawsuits against the prison for "depriving her" from basic human rights like manicures, hair styling, yoga, charity lunches, internet shopping and such.

Or could she be sentenced to Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla where would be less important and farther from manipulation of the press?

Philanthropic?

jmho ymmv lrr

Not only that, but she indirectly implied that the boy's mother was responsible for the accident.

Under oath, she told the court that she was momentarily distracted just before the accident by a woman rollerblading on the sidewalk. That woman was the mother of the two boys Grossman hit with her car.

Such an awful slimy thing for her to say in court. Blaming the mother.

I truly hope Inmate Grossman get the full sentence possible, with special circumstances added due to her attempted jury tampering that prevent parole, and goes to live out her life in Chowchilla State Pen.

It’s not smart to organize your get out of jail plans from prison. I think she is still shocked that she couldn’t find a way to be found not guilty. This is going to be something she can’t buy herself out of.
Seriously! She has to know her calls are being recorded yet still has the audacity to instruct people to track down the jurors? Man.
I did not know that you could ask for an inmate to be stripped of phone privileges. Interesting.

Perhaps the inevitable civil lawsuit will uncover some unsavory activities that this "beacon of hope and light" was doing with the Foundation that was shielding all the financial transactions she and her husband had going on.

Maybe this is why she is fighting the conviction with such inappropriate felonious acts.

'I want you to unblock the videos,' she tells Alexis in one call detailed in the filing from February 23.
In addition, she's alleged to have told her teenage daughter to publicly release a body-camera video worn by a deputy that had been sealed by Judge Brandolino and even wrote a letter to the victims' mother after she was found guilty.

Nancy and Karim Iskander, the two boys' parents, said they received the letter from Grossman on March 13.

She responds: 'I will.'

Her husband Peter then shockingly adds: 'Everything you want us to put out, honey, let us know. We're going to put it all out.'

'I want you to put everything out,' Rebecca confirms.

'I'm going to do everything for you, Mom,' Alexis responded. 'Everything. And so is Dad.'

The everything apparently included Rebecca trying to get Scott Erickson - the former Major League Baseball pitcher and her ex-boyfriend - to take the fall.

'You should call Scott Erickson and tell him to get on a video and that he needs to confess,' Rebecca said to Peter on February 25.

Peter Grossman responded: 'I know he needs to confess, but right now, I can't even talk about the case. But that guy needs to [know] you're in jail for him, and it drives me crazy.'

'Tell him to [make] a video and confess,' Rebecca repeated. 'I have a family.'

Grossman seems so intent on overturning the verdict by falsifying records and jury tampering that Scott Erickson might want to make sure he has extra security, or a very low profile until she actually goes to prison.

Inmate Grossman sounds irrationally desperate and blisteringly lacking remorse. Enough to cause the incarceration of an innocent man.

Erickson's lawyer might want a restraining order against the entire Grossman family from in any way contacting or harassing him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back