CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

AFAIK he took son to beach very early in the morning and didn’t return until that evening. It was a cold day remember. It’s odd regardless. Especially because he was supposed to be preparing for a trip. Moo

realanastasia, MinnyPin, kkdj and 5 others like this.

2. LindsayXO

LindsayXO Well-Known Member

The whole scenario is odd to be sure. I just think it's weird that going to work *seems* to be an after thought. Maybe he realized his story of taking his 4 year old to a Beach on a cold day for 11 hours is weird? It's a heavy assumption on my part. But if he did go in to work, was his son with him? He had apparently had the day booked off according to Maya's family. Why would he go to work then? He left his phone at home so it's not like he was called in. And (again, I'm assuming) would it be acceptable to bring a 4 year old to work? I have so many questions. I'm going to read the article again. I might just have misunderstood. MOO

IHAVENOCLUE, TexLil, Tarika and 6 others like this.
  3. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I'm sure Larry’s “going to work” can be easily verified.

IHAVENOCLUE, Tarika, Lyanna and 6 others like this.
  4. LindsayXO

Yep! But not so easily for us. I'm sure LE has a much better understanding of what happened that day than I'll ever know. Just wanted to point out an inconsistency. MOO

IHAVENOCLUE, Lilibet, kkdj and 5 others like this.
  5. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

From the Find Maya FB page:

Find May/Maya Millete
    11 hrs ·
    Meet-up location for this weekend’s search will be at Mt. San Miguel Park. Search locations will be provided on Sunday at the meet-up location!

I wonder if this means they’re going to focus on areas close by their home once again?

IHAVENOCLUE, kkdj, Chocoholic and 6 others like this.
  6. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

I think they are "learning" too! IMO. No offense, but these killers are idiots thinking they will keep getting away with it. Makes me angry. Just leave. Unless you prefer life in prison. imo.

7. LindsayXO

I wonder how closely LM followed the Maria Guzman case. I mean, I live in a small town so everyone would be aware of it if it happened here. I did reach out to some influencers who live nearby Chula Vista to help spread the word about Maya and they hadn't heard about her despite all of the searches and media attention. But, I do find it odd how similar both stories are. Might be worth it to search nearby Palomar Mountain. MOO

8. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

3/17 Vinnie talks with Maricris about updates
    3/17/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV

Maricris crys every night
    They do a search every week end
    PI stopped because he was not getting info from LE
    HE does not call Maracris after the searches to see if they found anything
    Maricris invited HIM last week to her daughters bday party - no response
    Maricris said MAya was NOT “hanging out with friends “ since pandemic began . Friends confirm.
    Maya was not a big drinker. Brother in law tried to hand her a beer when they were all camping. MMs husband got mad per BIL
    She was a hands on mom all the time.
    Maricris ends with crying & begging HIM
    to man up and help them find Maya.

ETA- a little of what was said.
    MOO

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  9. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

I think manning up
    I think manning up is not in LM’s skill set. Just MOO

kimpage, Denisedyann, kkdj and 15 others like this.
  10. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Agreed. Although, if he were in need of training, I'm sure his new roommates, if he were to be relocated, would be happy to bring him up to speed. JMO

Diddian, IHAVENOCLUE, kkdj and 9 others like this.
  11. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I know the husband certainly hasn't done anything to *not* look suspect in this sad case. As a matter of fact, he has been his own worst enemy in the court of public opinion. But that doesn't make him guilty of murdering his wife. Yes, he needs to explain the "odd coincidence" of a bizarre beach retreat at 6:30am the day his wife went missing. Suspicious? Uh yeah, I should say so. Guilty? Not necessarily so. Perhaps it is a strange coincidence.

I remain open minded, despite the strong impulse not to do so. I still believe their is a chance that she could be in that park near their home, and was overlooked during a search.

Regardless, let's pray her loving family gets answers very soon. Poor Maya.

Amateur opinion and speculation

12. Chocoholic

Chocoholic Well-Known Member

Love it!!

13. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member from back in the day

14. G.Keelie

G.Keelie Active Member

I got nothing...but this is on page 4, so.....

I do feel so bad for the children. Can’t CPS step in just to evaluate their mental status? Whether or not their dad did anything is not the issue here. He is isolating them while their mother is missing and should quit worrying about what people do or don’t think. They probably think he is punishing them for something when he won’t let them see their cousins!

15. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

I think CPS needs to step in as well to access the children’s mental/emotional health at the very least. Perhaps if CPS gets enough complaints, they might intervene.

16. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

"It’s been 11 weeks, going for almost three months now," Drouaillet said. "I know (police) can’t really tell us much information … but they said they don’t have anything at all. So that’s just been really frustrating."

She added: "We do understand that it is an active investigation, but it’s taking so long."

Community members have been aiding the search effort to find Millete. One Facebook group, for example, "Maya Millete’s Search Warriors" was formed to take some of the burden off of Millete’s family. The group organized a search party on Sunday.

"We will find answers, eventually," Drouaillet’s husband, Richard, told San Diego’s FOX 5 on Sunday. "We just have to keep doing what we’re going, keep that pressure on the police department to keep moving forward. Don’t let it become a cold case. We’re not going to allow that – we’re going to get answers."
    California missing woman's sister frustrated by lack of progress in her case, 'taking so long'

IHAVENOCLUE, Tarika, kimpage and 16 others like this.
  17. PsychSnack

PsychSnack Well-Known Member

that has to be so frustrating. They said they have nothing at all?!? Then why not allow the PI? moo

18. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

BBM. I highly doubt that, despite what has been communicated. It's just a matter of time. Keep the faith!

Prayers for Maya's family

Amateur opinion and speculation

19. Bogyo13

Bogyo13 Well-Known Member

I hope you are right, Maya needs justice, her family deserve answers. I really hoped she would have been found by now :(

Tarika, kimpage, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  20. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member from back in the day

Instant depression reading that. Maya's family deserves answers. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if Maya were my sister, daughter, mother, aunt, co-worker, friend... not going to include wife because I can't put emotions where there doesn't seem to be emotions from her husband.

How could LE not have anything from their investigation? Nope, I don't believe that. Here's hoping LE has something and they're just waiting for the right time. Maya is out there someplace and I pray she is found soon.
    Good advice... Keep the Faith and keep on praying.

MOO

Tarika, kimpage, Kittybunny and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.