Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But 4? Other families are possibly waiting for one baby then they get four?when they already have 2?
I don't have any problems with having 6 kids, don't misunderstand please but find it odd without income MOO. Perhaps it's different if you want siblings?

Maybe the social worker preferred to find a home that was already approved as a foster home, could take both boys together, had at least one stay-at-home parent who could take them to appointments, and at least one parent who shared their ethnic background, and this family fit that. So as long as they had a safe home, food, etc. they fit the bill, regardless of jobs, versus a more temporary foster home, which would be less stability for the boys - or so it seemed. JMO.

Last edited:
But 4? Other families are possibly waiting for one baby then they get four?when they already have 2?
I don't have any problems with having 6 kids, don't misunderstand please but find it odd without income MOO. Perhaps it's different if you want siblings?

I think that there are definitely some problems with assessment, placement of children for adoption. There are bonuses attached to how many children a worker has placed. This is, of course, meant to provide rewards and incentives for work performance.

INMO, it does nothing, but actually make the goal be all about placement, rather than appropriate assessment. As if that isn't scary. The entire system is rife with fraud and scandals, that are never completely investigated.

Such as this situation. The focus is on finding the children, as it should be. But really, the crux of the issue is, was there sufficient assessment done prior to permanent placement of these children in this home? What is the documentation regarding visits? How frequent? By one staff member? Or were others involved?

Yeah, those questions are not answered...

But the Cal City Chief stated they had 2 foster kids, 2 bio kids and 2 adopted kids. Wasn't that extended family member who counted all 6 the brother Jamal who lives in DC ? I believe the Chief was likely accurate. IMO.
Yes, he said that's what he was told when he was briefed. He didn't say he checked the documents but I'm sure CPS has that information. Maybe Bakersfield police can clarify but it might be something they don't want to reveal. It would not look good for CPS if the children went missing under their supervision, especially if they haven't been seen for a year. Imo

Don't prospective parents need to prove they can financially support the family? I always hear how difficult it is to adopt babies, and that's one the reasons for adopting from Eastern Europe/Asia/Africa?
They don't seem to have jobs and got 4 little children adopted within a short time?
I think it's easier to adopt out of the foster care system. If the children meet the criteria for Special Needs the parents will continue to receive adoption subsidy payments, benefits, and all the services the children recieved while in foster care. Imo

Yes, I'm pretty sure siblings automatically qualify for subsidy payments. It's harder to find families who will adopt siblings. Imo

Yes, he said that's what he was told when he was briefed. He didn't say he checked the documents but I'm sure CPS has that information. Maybe Bakersfield police can clarify but it might be something they don't want to reveal. It would not look good for CPS if the children went missing under their supervision, especially if they haven't been seen for a year. Imo

I can't tell you how many times I went back and forth with that question ! I just decided that I will go with Chief's answer for the sake of my sanity. I actually think the reason for the missing report on the 21st was an upcoming CPS visit since they had moved. With covid, maybe there are longer periods in between regular visits.

I can't tell you how many times I went back and forth with that question ! I just decided that I will go with Chief's answer for the sake of my sanity. I actually think the reason for the missing report on the 21st was an upcoming CPS visit since they had moved. With covid, maybe there are longer periods in between regular visits.
Yes, I really wish we knew for sure because for about a month it was reported that they had two biological and four adopted children. I assumed reporters got those details from an official source, since they also quoted LE in the same articles. Then when Chief Walker was specifically asked, he said he was "told" they had two fosters, so either the reporters got the wrong info or they just assumed.

Also, I think they need permission from social services to move from the area in the first place, so if there were any caseworkers assigned to two foster children they also would have needed to inspect the house before they moved in. I guess if the boys weren't around the parents could have said they were visiting their grandparents or something like that. Imo

Log into Facebook. (Hope the link works...it's for Perla Shaheen. My Wifi is ridiculous right now)

"BREAKING ON TWO MISSING BOYS IN CAL CITY: Bakersfield Police are searching the lot on the intersection of Cottonwood and Pacheco in Southeast Bakersfield for any items of evidence that could lead to the boys. The area is near the Casa Loma apartments where the adoptive parents used to live. Residents previously held search parties around here. BPD would not confirm why they decided to search here today, they say it could be related to information attained during interviews, or a tip from the public."

Brian’s Wang 23ABC: SEARCH UPDATE: The missing toddler brothers were not located during a Bakersfield Police Department search in Southeast Bakersfield Saturday morning, BPD Sgt. Robert Pair confirms. BPD would not confirm whether any evidence in relation to the case was found at the search location. Authorities have wrapped up their search off of East Pacheco and Cottonwood roads.
Three-year-old Orson West and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing in California City on Dec. 21, 2020.

23ABC News@23ABCNews
Sergeant Robert Pair from the Bakersfield Police Department spoke on the search being conducted in southeast Bakersfield in connection to the missing California City boys. https://twitter.com/i/status/1368289831810256896 Video at link-

TBhfqFv5

Search was at East Pacheco & Cottonwood - in rural fields.
Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member