CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

snip from Daily Republic Newspaper article :
link: http://www.dailyrepublic.com/story.php?id=125.1
NOTE: you may need a subscription to view the entire article

In a statement establishing cause for the search warrants, police said they believed the search would produce evidence 'that could implicate or exonerate (Nguyen) as a suspect.'

In the statement, an investigator wrote that Le had written Nguyen 'several e-mails referencing wanting to be with (Nguyen.)' Nguyen used several different e-mail accounts in his correspondence, which included an e-mail with the lyrics to the Air Supply song 'Making Love Out Of Nothing At All.'

Lyrics to Making Love Out of Nothing at All by Air Supply (Metrolyrics.com)

I know just how to whisper
And I know just how to cry
I know just where to find the answers
And I know just how to lie
I know just how to fake it
And I know just how to scheme
I know just when to face the truth
And then I know just when to dream

And I know just where to touch you
And I know just what to prove
I know when to pull you closer
And I know when to let you loose
And I know the night is fading
And I know the time's gonna fly
And I'm never gonna tell you
Everything I gotta tell you
But I know I gotta give it a try

And I know the roads to riches
And I know the ways to fame
I know all the rules
And I know how to break 'em
And I always know the name of the game

But I don't know how to leave you
And I'll never let you fall
And I don't know how you do it
Making love out of nothing at all

Making love, Out of nothing at all

Everytime I see you all the rays of the sun
Are streaming through the waves in your hair
And every star in the sky is taking aim at your eyes
Like a spotlight

The beating of my heart is a drum and it's lost
And it's looking for a rhythm like you
You can take the darkness from the pit of the night
And turn into a beacon burning endlessly bright

I've gotta follow it 'cause everything I know
Well it's nothing till I give it to you

I can make the runner stumble
I can make the final block
And I can make every tackle at the sound of the whistle
I can make all the stadiums rock
I can make tonight forever
Or I can make it disappear by the dawn
I can make you every promise that has ever been made
I can make all your demons be gone

But I'm never gonna make it without you
Do you really want to see me crawl
And I'm never gonna make it like you do
Making love out of nothing at all

Link to article that has a link to the court docs:

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=81908

The same night the car was found, brother told the police he heard that his sister was having an affair with Nguyen!! But he is quoted in the media as saying the man was just a family friend???

When the brother found the car, he used his cell phone to call hers and heard it ringing in the trunk. They opened the trunk and her backpack, phone and purse were in it. The purse had money and credit cards in it.

They also searched Phuong's room and found her wallet which contained credit cards and $500 in cash. She had $1000 in her bank account.

The brother of Phuong, according to the article, does not think TN had anything to do with Phuong's death:
Le said he still considered Nguyen to be a friend and described him as devastated by his sister's death. Le also said he doesn't believe Nguyen had anything to do with Phuong's death, and just hopes Nguyen can help federal and local investigators to determine who did.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23652462/detail.html

I think the cherry tree planting is a wonderful idea. She had a loving family..

Suisun City family hopes tree serves as reminder
Posted: 05/24/2010 01:01:18 AM PDT

Though small in stature and demeanor, Phuong Le of Suisun City had a huge heart, an inner strength that knew no bounds and an overwhelming desire to serve.

So said the slain 24-year-old's family and friends on Sunday, as they gathered for a ceremonial planting of a willowy cherry blossom tree in front of the nursing program building on the campus of Solano Community College in Fairfield. With love and water and sunshine, loved ones said, the tree would bloom, and serve as a reminder of Le's strength and her dedication to education.

http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_15149776

Suisun City family hopes tree serves as reminder
Posted: 05/24/2010 01:01:18 AM PDT

Though small in stature and demeanor, Phuong Le of Suisun City had a huge heart, an inner strength that knew no bounds and an overwhelming desire to serve.

So said the slain 24-year-old's family and friends on Sunday, as they gathered for a ceremonial planting of a willowy cherry blossom tree in front of the nursing program building on the campus of Solano Community College in Fairfield. With love and water and sunshine, loved ones said, the tree would bloom, and serve as a reminder of Le's strength and her dedication to education.

http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_15149776
This is such a beautiful remembrance and one that will last for many years. Many blessings to whoever came up with this wonderful idea! :)

So sorry that we haven't heard any updates on Phuong Le's case. Sure hope they find the person responsible soon. I feel so bad for her family. My own sister died suddenly at age 26 and it was so terrible and especially for my poor parents, but she did not die in a violent manner. It must be really bad for Phuong Le's parents.

Slain nursing student hailed at Solano Community College graduation

Draped in black gowns and caps, about 950 Solano Community College students packed the school's gymnasium along with friends and family for the 64th Commencement on Wednesday night.

Students young and old filtered into their chairs as the Solano Winds Brass Ensemble played Pomp and Circumstance and cheers rained down from the stands, along with the occasional blast from an air horn. In all, 1,455 students earned a certificate or associates degree from the community college.

With all of the fanfare surrounding the event, it was what was missing that had the most profound effect.

A single chair was left empty for nursing graduate Phuong Le, who mysteriously vanished April 25, only for her body to be found May 10 near Lake Berryessa in what authorities have ruled a homicide.

Accepting her associates degree in nursing was her brother, Huong, and their father.

more at http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_15172165?nclick_check=1

:rose: for Phuong

I guess we are spoiled by TV shows, but I am getting frustrated by how long it is taking in this and other cases to get back evidence and results from crime labs :( I guess it is a sign of our violent times, so many crimes, too few personnel. I want to know, I admit it. I want to know how Phuong died, what if any items were found near her body, if any DNA was found, etc...I want to know if LE searched her ex-boss/friend's vehicles and if any other searches were performed. I want to know if any other video was available near B&N. I want to know if the ex-boss was asked to take a polygraph and if so, if he agreed to take one and if he passed. Just so many things...and also, want to know if LE feels that a random predator killed Phuong? If so, are they warning other young women in the area to be more alert in parking lots, malls, etc? Am I the only "nosy" one or are lots of people wondering too?

(snipped)

I want to know, I admit it....Am I the only "nosy" one or are lots of people wondering too?

You are certainly not the only one, cluciano63. My desire to know everything is just as fervent as yours. I want everyone to know what this criminal has done to Phuong. I want all the evidence brought to light. The more people who are aware of details, the more Phuong is remembered, the greater the chance her killer will be brought to justice.

I do not want this guy to get away with murder.

No, Cluciano, you are not the only one. I am here daily hoping for some news in the case of Phuong Le.

I don't think we are being "nosy", we WS's once we take interest in a case are impatient to see justice done whether it be finding a missing person or bringing justice to the victim of a crime!

We want to know who killed Phuong Le and we are getting impatient waiting to hear something, anything from LE to show us they are working hard to find the perp!

Bumping up- I can't believe that LE has some leads but nothing yet....I certainly hope that they are ever watchful for the community. :(

Oh Phuong - please give us some hints. We all want justice for you.

I am getting frustrated waiting to hear from CSI on this case, Kayleah Wilson and Venus Stewart...what is taking so long?

When Chersea King was missing, they had DNA back and matched before they even found her body...within 3 days of her disapperance. So it can be done...'course her killer was in the system, but still, they had to do the DNA...

Autopsy shows Le died of stab wound to chest

Posted: 06/15/2010 03:25:00 PM PDT

The Solano county Coroner's Office has released the results of an autopsy on slain Suisun City nursing school graduate Phuong Le.

A brief press release on Tuesday said an autopsy showed the cause of death was "a stab wound to the chest." Officials declined to comment further.

Fairfield police have called in several criminalists from the California Department of Justice and the FBI to help with the investigation into the homicide.

more at http://www.thereporter.com/ci_15303103

:cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500