CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

It took that long...to say that?

God, how horrible...

Autopsy shows Le died of stab wound to chest

Posted: 06/15/2010 03:25:00 PM PDT

The Solano county Coroner's Office has released the results of an autopsy on slain Suisun City nursing school graduate Phuong Le.

A brief press release on Tuesday said an autopsy showed the cause of death was "a stab wound to the chest." Officials declined to comment further.

Fairfield police have called in several criminalists from the California Department of Justice and the FBI to help with the investigation into the homicide.

more at http://www.thereporter.com/ci_15303103

:cry:

Has it been confirmed whether or not Phoung Le was raped? This COD says stab wound to the chest. Why would PL be abducted and placed many miles away from home and stabbed and dumped? Doesn't make sense unless someone wanted to "get rid of" PL. I hope we hear more from LE, I want answers too. Do we have a weapon, and does one match from the ex-bosses home?

The Solano county Coroner's Office has released the results of an autopsy on slain Suisun City nursing school graduate Phuong Le.

A brief press release on Tuesday said an autopsy showed the cause of death was "a stab wound to the chest." Officials declined to comment further.

Fairfield police have called in several criminalists from the California Department of Justice and the FBI to help with the investigation into the homicide.

Thank you for posting this! I was beginning to think we'd never hear anything further on this case.

The poor young woman.

What happened to you that night, Phuong? :(

Has it been confirmed whether or not Phoung Le was raped? This COD says stab wound to the chest. Why would PL be abducted and placed many miles away from home and stabbed and dumped? Doesn't make sense unless someone wanted to "get rid of" PL. I hope we hear more from LE, I want answers too. Do we have a weapon, and does one match from the ex-bosses home?

Her body was found partially clothed:

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongle0511,0,1264923.story

That could mean she was sexually assaulted. It could also mean someone removed her top to inspect the stab wound or even that her top had been removed during consensual romantic activity before she was killed.

This article quotes an expert who cautions not to read too much into her being stabbed:

"I think it might be in the popular culture that if you use a knife, it's someone who knew the victim, but that's really not consistent with the actual evidence of killings," said McGeorge Law School Professor Ruth Jones.

The article goes on to say that her computer and forensic evidence are still being processed.

OMG - one stab wound? Does 'one' stab wound usually end a life? Did the person know what he was doing, someone medical maybe. Nurse Phuong, my heart aches for your short life and for your loving family.

This murderer MUST be caught.

Coroner Report On Phuong Le Cause Of Death Contradicts Fairfield PD Statement

FAIRFIELD - A coroner's report released Tuesday revealed nursing student Phuong Le died of a single stab wound after disappearing from a Fairfield bookstore in late April.

The report released Tuesday said Le's cause of death was determined to be a stab wound to the chest. The autopsy was conducted on May 10th, according to the press release issued by a Solano County public information officer.

Le disappeared from the parking lot of a Barnes & Noble bookstore in Fairfield on April 25th. Her body was discovered along a rural Napa County road on May 7th.

The coroner's report released Tuesday contradicts a statement given by Fairfield police department public information officer Lieutenant Darren Moody.

more at http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongle0615,0,1723680.story

OMG - one stab wound? Does 'one' stab wound usually end a life? Did the person know what he was doing, someone medical maybe. Nurse Phuong, my heart aches for your short life and for your loving family.

This murderer MUST be caught.

It's possible someone with medical knowledge, or depending on the size of the knife, depth, and location could have only needed one stab wound. I still believe this was very personal, indicating someone she knew. :cry: MOO

This is why it is never a good idea to lie to reporters...they will come back and write about it later, especially if they were publicly called out as the ones not telling the truth as happened in this case.

It's possible someone with medical knowledge, or depending on the size of the knife, depth, and location could have only needed one stab wound. I still believe this was very personal, indicating someone she knew. :cry: MOO

I don't know much about knives, but the cases I've heard about usually involve multiple stab wounds and they are called 'passionate'. Maybe the knife went through her heart but it would have to be specific wouldn't it? A knife in the carotid artery would result in tons of blood - and so far no car/place has been reported. I hope she died instantly and didn't suffer. Where and the heck did this murder take place? Guess I was thinking more on the lines of 'strangulation' or suffocation. moo

Exactly. When I think of someone being stabbed, it's either a very personal crime, or a gang crime. We can all assume she's not in a gang, so (IMHO) someone who knew her took her, commited a sexual battery (half-clothed), then stabbed her. One stab to the chest is an up close and personal crime.

I'd say it's someone who knew her....but who.

Just my .02 -- no linky.

Mel

Just to clear things up about knife wounds etc - knifes are not just 'personal' killing weapons or gang weapons, they are also a favorite of sexual predators and those intent on robbery (just as threatening as a gun, but much easier to get, quieter if used and a misdemeanor if caught with it as opposed to felony gun possession). Also, regarding the single wound - the human chest is chock full of lethal targets, from the heart, lungs and diaphragm, to a large number of major veins and arteries...it's actually very easy to wind up dead from a chest wound, even ones that don't seem too bad can be lethal (Selena is a good example of that - shot through the shoulder but severed an artery and bled out internally in minutes).

No links to these assertions at the moment, too darn tired. Will find some later if anyone wants me to.

Thanks SkewedView - wish we had a copy of the full autopsy, that way we could see if Phuong bled out or had a vital life supporting organ(s) destroyed with one attempt. Now I'm wondering what hospital(s) and/or clinics Phuong trained at as a student nurse? moo

I wasn't expecting to read the cause of death to be 'one' stab wound. Guess that shows me. I get a picture in my head of a desperate man similar to one who pounds his fist into a wall one last time out of frustration/desperation - not sure why I get this picture - maybe from the movies? moo

Thanks SkewedView - wish we had a copy of the full autopsy, that way we could see if Phuong bled out or had a vital life supporting organ(s) destroyed with one attempt. Now I'm wondering what hospital(s) and/or clinics Phuong trained at as a student nurse? moo

I wasn't expecting to read the cause of death to be 'one' stab wound. Guess that shows me. I get a picture in my head of a desperate man similar to one who pounds his fist into a wall one last time out of frustration/desperation - not sure why I get this picture - maybe from the movies? moo

To me the single wound says one of two things - accidental wounding during a struggle such as PL resisting a rape, or just simple cold-bloodedness on the part of the killer. The reason: you are right, most angry/desperate/passionate/inexperienced etc murders with knives occur just as you might typically picture them as the killer often just can't stop striking due to adreniline overload amongst other things.

Another reason I want to see the full report is to see if there are any defensive wounds of any kind, as that could tell us a lot IMO.

I wonder if they have found any DNA at the crime scene that links to anyone. Did they find anything on or under her finger nails?

This is so sad. It really bothers me that people choose to solve their "problems" with violence. It only causes more pain and suffering. I hope they find the killer soon.

:(

No Suspect Six Weeks After Body Discovery
FOX40 News
June 18, 2010

FAIRFIELD - Investigators are now looking to the public to help them solve nursing student Phuong Le's murder.

"As far as an arrest goes, I would like that to be our ultimate goal in this. But right now, we don't have any information on that," Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody said.

Family is frustrated, but holds out hope that police will solve this.

More at link...
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuonglefolonoarrest,0,2695702.story?track=rss

It doesn't sound as though they are looking at her boss/friend...I have been hoping all along he had not killed her, but it is very unsettling if they really do not have any suspects at all.

It doesn't sound as though they are looking at her boss/friend...I have been hoping all along he had not killed her, but it is very unsettling if they really do not have any suspects at all.

You really can never tell IMO - there are tons of cases where LE says they have no suspects etc right up until the moment of arrest, sometimes going so far to tell the media someone is 'cleared' or uninvolved just to get them to relax while they nail the case down. It really wouldn't surprise me if they arrest the boss after making it look like they aren't interested in him, or if the attention on the boss is being used as a distraction for the media while LE investigates some party that is off of the media's radar.

Or it could simply be that because of the relationship between Phuong and Nguyen's families that LE isn't sharing any information. I too, however, was hoping for more "news" than LE stating they have no suspects. MOO

What if this is a personal, vengeful murder?
Who could hate Phuong Le so much as to stab her in the heart?

I don't think the man who had loved her for three years could kill her in that
vicious of a manner even if pushed to the end of his rope.

I hope LE has looked into other family members (his side or wife's side) who
blamed her for luring him into this affair and wrecking the family.

What if this is a personal, vengeful murder?
Who could hate Phuong Le so much as to stab her in the heart?

I don't think the man who had loved her for three years could kill her in that
vicious of a manner even if pushed to the end of his rope.

I hope LE has looked into other family members (his side or wife's side) who
blamed her for luring him into this affair and wrecking the family.

Is this a figurative statement or did someone say that she was stabbed in the heart? If this was published, I missed it somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back