CA - San Dimas, Wht/HispMale 871UMCA, 4-8, buried in San Gabriel Mtns, Oct'79

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by ctaylor, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ctaylor

ctaylor New Member

I could not find a thread in this forum for this little boy but came across a new article from October with some slightly extra info than on his Doe Network page. Thought I would start a thread to see if any of you guys can find any connections

http://doenetwork.org/cases/871umca.html
    [​IMG]

Unidentified White or Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on October 2, 1979 in San Dimas, Los Angeles County, California
    Estimated Date of Death: 2 weeks prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 4-6 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 3'8" (112 cm); 40 lbs (18 kg).
    Dentals: Available. No restorations.

Case History
    The victim was located near Glendora Mountain Road in San Dimas, California on October 2, 1979.

And a recent article on the case - http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_19019398

2. Loading...

3. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

4. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

According to Yahoo Maps and directions, it is about 44 miles from where the unidentified child was found near Glendora Mountain Rd in San Dimas to the corner of E Chestnut Ave and S Lyon St in Santa Ana where Charles Christopher Francis was last seen by his father. I wonder if LE at the time checked into the possibility that Charles Francis could be the unidentified boy?

5. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

I e-mailed the LA County Coroner inquiring if the unidentified little boy from San Dimas had ever been compared with Charles Christopher Francis the day before yesterday. So far, I haven't heard back from them.

6. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Active Member

I have always been interested in this unidentified little boy too.Please let us know what you find out ok?

7. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

I never heard back about a possible match between Charles Christopher Francis and the little boy in Glendora, but after rereading the article that Ctaylor provided a link for, it sounds like LE looked into the UID being Charles Francis and Cary Daniel Sayegh https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6632/20, unless I am reading too much into --

NamUs still doesn't list any rule outs, so I wonder if it is a case of not having anything to compare the UID with the two missing boys or if Charles Francis and Cary Sayegh have been ruled out but that information was not entered into NamUs for some reason or another?

8. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

The more I look at the clay reconstruction, the more I think that this little guy looks like Cary Daniel Sayegh, than Charles Christopher Francis, but if LE has looked at both of them (as the article says), I guess the unidentified little boy is probably not him. That said, where he was found off of Glendora Mountain Road is probably only a couple hours of a drive from Las Vegas and would probably be easily accessible for a person taking I-15 to the 210 route to go from Las Vegas to southern California. I don't know if the 210 was open in 1979, though; you might have had to take I-15 to the I-10 back then?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    More information about Cary --
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/93dmnv.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sayegh_cary.html

9. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

The portion of the 210 Freeway that runs from the 57 Freeway in Glendora to the I-15 in Fontana was open in 2003. Before that, to get from Las Vegas to Glendora (via Freeways) you had to take the I-15 to the I-10 west to get to the 57 North toward Glendora.

10. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

The National Centers for Missing and Exploited Children website has a composite sketch for this young boy that I haven't seen before (neither the new sketch or the clay reconstruction are shown on his NamUs page) --
    [​IMG]
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1110800/1#poster

Although the NCMEC says that the boy is Hispanic and newspaper articles imply that he's been looked at (NamUs still doesn't list any exclusions), I think that the sketch looks a lot like Cary Sayegh. There is also a possibility that the unidentified child was never reported missing.

11. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 New Member

also, the case history seems to indicate this boy's body (cary) would be sealed in a drum.

12. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 New Member

sadly, this child was probably never reported because he prob succumbed to child abuse from his parent(s)

13. Earth

Earth New Member

I really do think The Cary Sayegh connection should be looked at, although we do need to see if his DNA submission is complete. Plus, I think this kid should have a NamUs profile.

14. Nikon

Nikon Former Member

Looks like the case hasn't gotten much attention in the digital age. Does the county have funding to exhume this UID?

15. Jake479

Jake479 New Member

bumping