Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well jeez, I see people eating it up on this board. If people are interested and there are questions to be answered, why not interview the guy and set the record straight? The media is doing its job.

I got your point :)

There was no annulment; "final judgement" divorce records are on file with Shasta County for Sep 2008.

A legal annulment and religious (Catholic) annulment are two different things. Not sure if she got a religious annulment, which typically is necessary in order to marry in the Catholic church if you were previously married.

Good point about more media = more potential discrepancies.

Speaking of which:

On 11/2 K has to get himself to the area of the subdivision’s mailboxes, we all agree, right?

K tells People he had to drive a mile plus from the house to the mailboxes to get sufficient cell reception that would carry a strong enough ping from S’s locator app. Source:

http://people.com/crime/five-things-to-know-about-sherri-papini-and-her-family/

K tells 20/20 he got the ping while still at the house and it told him to drive a mile plus down to the mailboxes. Source:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

What's up?

Good catch. I once considered making a Google doc of all the reported discrepancies in this case, but that thought quickly became overwhelming.

Reportedly, SP jogs to her mailbox sometime during the day. Her kids are in daycare. The box is a mile from home, so she gets a2 mile run in. KP may pass by the mailboxes when he drives home, or not. Even if he does drive by them, there would be no reason to be suspicious about his wife being missing until he gets home and discovers that she is missing. JMO
I was referring to him going to the mailbox to check. If you just passed them and came down the drive, you would know, I did not pass my wife and 2 children.

From the Daily Beast article, it would seem that they know who the anonymous donor is:

"But the alleged anonymous donor told The Daily Beast that he picked Gamble as a hostage negotiator, after a family friend of the Papinis put him in touch."

Just to let y'all know, reading to catch up here led me through a how-to on zip ties, discussion of exactly what IS middle age, how apt an ER is to weigh patients, and a tutorial on divorce and the Catholic church!! No criticisms here - just an interesting side note. LOL.

I've been thinking about her hair. I recall the 20/20 information to refer to her hair as being above her shoulders. I can't immediately find the phrase. KP did say It wasn't shaved. I can't reconcile this minimal cut with creating humiliation. Fear, yes.

A couple of other possibilities:
1. When removing the bag, It was getting tangled up in the bag - but I don't think these folks were considerate that way, unless she was leaving strands of hair wherever
2. The cut hair was mailed/sent/delivered to the family
3. Her long hair was showing under the bag - if anyone wanted to, let's say video anything, her hair would be visible. Cutting her hair would make her a more anonymous victim - small, caucasian woman, bag over her head, restrained, captive. I'm not thinking the purpose of a video would have been proof of life to the family. Purpose known to abductors.

I like 3.

And the brand - I hope the public is not made aware of any details of the brand. Regardless of which one of the competing theories proves to be true, this young woman has a very long therapeutic road ahead of her. She has very little left of life that is private. We don't need to know. Just my opinion that perhaps the family could consider exerting whatever influence available to maintain her remaining privacy. Hopefully, in the future a highly skilled plastic surgeon can address this.

First time posting, but have been following the threads on this case! Has seemed odd from the start. I definitely have my theories and it's nice to see a lot of people seem to be on the same track. I haven't seen this posted, so forgive me if it has been posted, but I found it really interesting. Seems as though LJ reported a SP spotting?

attachment.php
Nice find. Haven't seen this before but maybe I missed it

❤

From the Daily Beast article, it would seem that they know who the anonymous donor is:

"But the alleged anonymous donor told The Daily Beast that he picked Gamble as a hostage negotiator, after a family friend of the Papinis put him in touch."

My understanding from the article is that all communication with the anonymous donor was through email. Which strikes me as fishy.

❤

Would anyone actually offer this kind of reward if they were not absolutely certain that it was readily available?
That sounds too risky to the victims safely to me

attachment.php

Caption: Happier times: Keith Papini with his wife Sherri before her abduction in October

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-moment-released-captors-dumped-roadside.html

Can someone tell me more about this photo of Sherri and Keith in a private jet in October? Just curious where they were going.

IIRC October is their anniversary month. KP's FiL posted they traveled together to Santa Cruz (St Croix) for the occasion. Checking my links to post. Could be a tourist private plane while on the Island?

???!

If true, this would be why an annulment would have been rubber stamped, if it were applied for. If she wasn't previously married by a Catholic minister, then the Catholics don't consider it a true marriage.

You are allowed one and only one Catholic marriage. If your previous marriage wasn't Catholic, you are still eligible for your one and only one Catholic marriage, even if divorced.

This is from the Archdiocese of Baltimore (not my Archdiocese), but an example of the Catholic church's stance on marriage in the Catholic church if a person was previously married. In order to marry in the Catholic church, it is required a previous marriage be annulled, whether the marriage occurred in the Catholic church or not.

http://www.archbalt.org/about-us/ma...arriage_annulments_in_the_Catholic_Church.pdf

Edited to add: The church they were married in is under the Diocese of Sacramento and this Diocese does require an annulment of previous marriages before a marriage can take place in the church. An application for annulment must be completed and information pertaining to the earlier marriage must be provided. This information is reviewed by a Tribunal to determine whether an annulment will be granted.

http://vuvd.diocese-sacramento.org/diocese/tribunal.html

My understanding is that both Keith and Sherri are Catholics. It is not known whether a religious annulment from her first marriage was ever applied for or granted.

attachment.php

First time poster here. I've read and stayed updated on all the posts regarding this case. Another sluether several pages back shared the WHOIS information for the SherriPapini website that was supposedly created by the anonymous donor. Unfortunately all the registration info for the website was private. However, I did come across this on a few news media sites and cannot find the original link but thought this was fascinating:
"That negotiator is Cameron Gamble of Redding, who operates a missionary service called Project TAKEN and who says he is a kidnap and ransom consultant. He said he did not write the letter or set up the website, but rather the anonymous person did and put Gamble’s contact information in it."

So, the anonymous donor created the website, but used CG's contact info for the registration?

Also, i've attached the letter the anonymous donor supposedly sent. IMO this letter is written in third person the exact same way that the most recent posts on Project Taken's SM site where CG refers to himself in third person.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 12.34.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 12.34.40 PM.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 339
IIRC October is their anniversary month. KP's FiL posted they traveled together to Santa Cruz (St Croix) for the occasion. Checking my links to post. Could be a tourist private plane while on the Island?

What's the date of the photo? They look rather young here - could it be from their honeymoon?

IDK.

First time posting, but have been following the threads on this case! Has seemed odd from the start. I definitely have my theories and it's nice to see a lot of people seem to be on the same track. I haven't seen this posted, so forgive me if it has been posted, but I found it really interesting. Seems as though LJ reported a SP spotting?

attachment.php

I had not seen this before either. Am I reading correctly that there are 4 reporting parties?

Reportedly, SP jogs to her mailbox sometime during the day. Her kids are in daycare. The box is a mile from home, so she gets a2 mile run in. KP may pass by the mailboxes when he drives home, or not. Even if he does drive by them, there would be no reason to be suspicious about his wife being missing until he gets home and discovers that she is missing. JMO

>>> but why would he GO back to look for them if he already covered the area while coming from work and expecting his family to be at home?

attachment.php

Kinda weird to see another eyebrow reference in the case.

I don't have another point to make - just noticed the word eyebrow.

jmo

attachment.php

O apologize as I always have a hard time with these reports.

But does that not say "looked just like MP"?

Who is MP, What am I not seeing

And I think the family friend is Lisa Jeter. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member