Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that in the trickling of information that LE is doing that we might get to see some of the search warrants that were executed.

Just noticed something that struck me as curious. I was reading back thru KP's statements. He talks about the moment he told his kids that SP was coming home. He said, "I found Mom."

Isn't that a bit strange, that he would take credit? In speaking to a child, one might say, "God found her" to keep it on a simple level, or "the nice policemen found her." Instead, he says that HE found her.

Am I making too much of that? It would seem to me that LE would be interested in that wording. It might indicate that he was more involved in her reappearance than he has said.

I agree with you. That particular phrase is strange to me, especially if he's was the worried-sick husband and father he claimed to be. How would he have found Mommy when, presumably, he was with his kids throughout the whole ordeal? And if he wasn't, why would you leave the care of your children to someone else when God-only-knows who just abducted your wife or what intentions they may have with your family.

Same. She remembers cradling a blanket and rocking it as if it was her daughter, slamming young latina's head into the toilet, hearing a gun shot which may or may not have been young latina murdering old latina.... but what about the things that can help LE possible identify her captors and where she was held?

Or why she was kidnapped and held in the first place. They didn't say anything to give her a clue in all those days and nights, nor when they picked her up, nor when they dropped her off? Nothing? No hints? Amazing.

This has crossed my mind many times. You'd think they could narrow down where she was kept to some extent. A twisty road. Zooming out on the map from where she was dropped, there are a few twisty roads, but how long of a ride was it, approximately? Were they in the vehicle for hours or was it just a short ride until they dropped her off?
As for the place she was kept, was it a house, a house trailer, a pole barn and they just marched her inside to shower, etc.
She saw the bathroom, so was it a modern bathroom or did it have a 70's vibe going on?
Did she have to climb stairs to another level to shower? I understand she kept her head down to 'avoid getting beat' but she surely got to take in her surroundings for some of the time.
Did she feel she was kept in a basement? A finished basement or not? Even blindfolded at most times, she would likely have gotten a feel of how big the place was, how many levels, etc.
If she could feel it was a multi level home, police could cross off their list any single story homes.
What condition was the place in? Was it a nicely kept home or an old shack?
It it had green shag carpet, LE could rule out newer-built homes.
Did she hear traffic, neighbor kids, airplanes overhead frequently, trains going by?
Did it smell like a musty old abandoned place or a lived-in place with Scentsy or candles going making it smell nice. Did it seem like these people took pride in the place, as if it were their home, or did they just throw food wrappers on the floor, things like that.
Did she hear any pets in or around the home? Any children visiting? Any adults visiting?
Did her captors seem to be cooking on-site, meaning there was a working kitchen, or was it an abandoned house and they just brought in take-out food, chips, etc.
If they were feeding her or themselves fast food, did she hear one of them leave to go get it and were they gone for a long time, or did it seem like there were restaurants nearby?
Do most homes in California have basements? I know in some states they aren't common. If she feels she was kept in a basement, and they aren't common, that could narrow down the places.

It's odd, well not for this case, that they haven't given any hints or clues to the public to have their wheels turning about a place in their neighborhood that might have been the holding place.
I realize they don't want to make it look like they need the public to solve this, but as far as we know they haven't gotten it nailed down on their own yet.
Are they even looking for this place?

Excellent post. These are such basic questions. Did LE ask them? Did Sherri answer any of them?

I am hoping that in the trickling of information that LE is doing that we might get to see some of the search warrants that were executed.

The superior court would have to release them. I’m hoping we will see the brand, or some of her injuries.

The superior court would have to release them. I’m hoping we will see the brand, or some of her injuries.

I wonder why local media have not done a freedom of information act request to get photos of the brand.

For whoever asked upthread, no, we do not commonly have basements in California. I won't say never, but I don't know anyone who has one.

I wonder why local media have not done a freedom of information act request to get photos of the brand.

They did... how they got the expense reports from Michigan. They only got a partial approval I guess. Not sure why LE or whoever approved releasing the expense reports from Michigan but nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone besides SP see this SUV or van she was dropped off in?

What about when she was abducted? Same type of vehicle, or different?

Has anyone seen the current edition of People Magazine? SP is the cover girl.

“The Sherri Papini Case: New Details
BIZARRE KIDNAPPING MYSTERY

I Haven't read it yet, hopefully in a minute or three.

Has anyone seen the current edition of People Magazine? SP is the cover girl.

“The Sherri Papini Case: New Details
BIZARRE KIDNAPPING MYSTERY

I Haven't read it yet, hopefully in a minute or three.

Yes. I purchased it. Nothing new to read.

Yes. I purchased it. Nothing new to read.

Are there any new photos that we have not seen before? If so, she probably sold them to the magazine for a handsome sum.

Bringing this video forward from last thread:http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/newly-released-video-shows-california-mom-sherri-papini-51009648I know at some point posters wondered if she had shoes on. Matt Gutman says in the video that she was barefoot when released.Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's a pretty long, fast stride for someone running barefoot across a road and parking lot...one small piece of gravel on that asphalt, and I'd be shorted up immediately, (especially if coming down on it on my heel). Hard to tell about shoes or not in the videotape images.

Reports indicate SP wasn't really tethered to anything except herself so running seems like it would have been possible. Her left wrist was tethered by a zip tie attached to a chain around her waist. I don't see anything about exactly how the attachment worked. Was there plenty of "slack"? It's hard to make out much from the surveillance video, but it looks to me that her left arm was swinging freely as you would expect from someone running.

The Michigan Man was cleared, but SP apparently had plans to meet up with him. This is the only such contact that has been made public. I assume any other contacts would have been investigated, too. Is it possible that SP had a throw-away phone or set up a separate e-mail account at the library or internet cafe? All MOO.

The LE report originally was she was anchored to a heavy object when found. That wasn't apparent in the vid

That's a pretty long, fast stride for someone running barefoot across a road and parking lot...one small piece of gravel on that asphalt, and I'd be shorted up immediately, (especially if coming down on it on my heel). Hard to tell about shoes or not in the videotape images.
And with a cut on her foot... [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The LE report originally was she was anchored to a heavy object when found. That wasn't apparent in the vid
Maybe it was a really, really long chain...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd love it if you have a link to the heavy object reference. All I have seen is where the audio of the CHP officer told dispatch she was chained to something upon his arrival. Turned out the only chain was around her waist.

It's possible I missed something..
TIA

I remember discussion of some 5k run that she had done the year before and was preparing to do again. I hope that's true because that seems like normal behavior. What we haven't heard over the past year is any kind of independent testimony of who Sherri Papini is and what her life was like leading up to the disappearance.

Family members said she was a super mom who had her kids' activities all planned out. What activities, if no one ever saw her leave the house? I just have this image of a person who was less than stable, so her husband kept her at home and covered for her. And that would explain the kids and the daycare - maybe she couldn't handle them by herself, and so they were only home when Keith was home.

This could be totally wrong and unfair, but it comes from what we know and don't know. At some point we need to hear from Sherri herself if they want the tide of public opinion to turn.

In People it states she was preparing for a 5k charity run, for what it’s worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms