Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless the windows were tinted?

Trying to remember all the details of this one. Wasn't she in a big black escalade or SUV or something?

She "doesn't recall." :doh: She only knows it was "dark colored".

I am aware of and know people who have gone thru very traumatic experiences in their lives. Some of these people really do have amnesia for the period right before, during and right after. I know someone that had something traumatic happen over 20 years ago and still has no memory, only to wake up in the hospital. He remembers all the rest of his life tho. So, when I read that Sherri is having trouble remembering about her kidnapping I tend to believe her.

unless the windows were tinted?

Trying to remember all the details of this one. Wasn't she in a big black escalade or SUV or something?

Papini also described the suspects’ vehicle as a dark colored SUV with a large rear side window.

“Sherri continues to look at photographs of various makes and models of SUVs in an effort to provide a more detailed description,” the release states.
http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-sketches-released-suspect-alleged-abduction/

I am aware of and know people who have gone thru very traumatic experiences in their lives. Some of these people really do have amnesia for the period right before, during and right after. I know someone that had something traumatic happen over 20 years ago and still has no memory, only to wake up in the hospital. He remembers all the rest of his life tho. So, when I read that Sherri is having trouble remembering about her kidnapping I tend to believe her.

Well, I am sure that is very true.
But then so many people also have a clear concise memory of things leading up to a traumatic situation
LE says she has no memory of minutes and hours before anything bad happened

She does have memories of the situation.
She remembers the shower, the shot, the cut on her foot, that two women abducted her. etc
She just doesn't remember anything that can help LE get to the bottom of this

But then so many people also have a clear concise memory of things leading up to a traumatic situation

She remembers the shower, the shot, the cut on her foot, that two women abducted her
LE may have a reason to believe her that they cannot tell us about. I'm not comfortable speculating that this is her situation, but one possible explanation for someone not remembering the moments before has to do with dissociation.

If LE had information that someone had a history of specific kinds of mental illness that includes occasional dissociative episodes, they may not release that information, and it might make believing the lack of memory easier.

I do not mean dissociative personality disorder here. I mean just plain dissociative episodes. Many people have these, and some folks "lose time" because of them. They also may walk away from a project they are working on without even realizing it, and go and do something else. They may only remember a few things about what they were doing over a period of hours. It's not always clear to the people around them that they are dissociating because it usually doesn't affect their ability to perform tasks. They just don't always remember performing those tasks.

I've known very successful and normal people who have dissociative episodes, and I would have had no idea that they experienced these things if they had not confided in me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you, I knew I had read about the large window!!

I have been looking at SUV for ones with a large side window. SO far it is the full size models like the Escalade/ Tahoe/ Yukon.

None of the crossovers fit that description.

This has crossed my mind many times. You'd think they could narrow down where she was kept to some extent. A twisty road. Zooming out on the map from where she was dropped, there are a few twisty roads, but how long of a ride was it, approximately? Were they in the vehicle for hours or was it just a short ride until they dropped her off?
As for the place she was kept, was it a house, a house trailer, a pole barn and they just marched her inside to shower, etc.
She saw the bathroom, so was it a modern bathroom or did it have a 70's vibe going on?
Did she have to climb stairs to another level to shower? I understand she kept her head down to 'avoid getting beat' but she surely got to take in her surroundings for some of the time.
Did she feel she was kept in a basement? A finished basement or not? Even blindfolded at most times, she would likely have gotten a feel of how big the place was, how many levels, etc.
If she could feel it was a multi level home, police could cross off their list any single story homes.
What condition was the place in? Was it a nicely kept home or an old shack?
It it had green shag carpet, LE could rule out newer-built homes.
Did she hear traffic, neighbor kids, airplanes overhead frequently, trains going by?
Did it smell like a musty old abandoned place or a lived-in place with Scentsy or candles going making it smell nice. Did it seem like these people took pride in the place, as if it were their home, or did they just throw food wrappers on the floor, things like that.
Did she hear any pets in or around the home? Any children visiting? Any adults visiting?
Did her captors seem to be cooking on-site, meaning there was a working kitchen, or was it an abandoned house and they just brought in take-out food, chips, etc.
If they were feeding her or themselves fast food, did she hear one of them leave to go get it and were they gone for a long time, or did it seem like there were restaurants nearby?
Do most homes in California have basements? I know in some states they aren't common. If she feels she was kept in a basement, and they aren't common, that could narrow down the places.

It's odd, well not for this case, that they haven't given any hints or clues to the public to have their wheels turning about a place in their neighborhood that might have been the holding place.
I realize they don't want to make it look like they need the public to solve this, but as far as we know they haven't gotten it nailed down on their own yet.
Are they even looking for this place?

Exactly. Was it even a house? If they had fast food, what fast food was it, from where?

And I'm stuck on this journey. As you said, surely they could narrow it down. I imagine that her number 1 priority wasn't to count the seconds from the time she got in that vehicle to the time she got out but she would know if she was in the car for an hour or less for instance.

It makes zero sense for LE to not release details of what she remembers of where she was held. Unless she's not offering anything up. It does seem as if LE could somewhat trace the steps though with a few details, like the ones you have pointed out.

She remembers the shower, the shot, the cut on her foot, that two women abducted her. etc

BBM.

And that's where I struggle so much with this case.

Just noticed something that struck me as curious.

I was reading back thru KP's statements. He talks about the moment he told his kids that SP was coming home. He said, "I found Mom."

Isn't that a bit strange, that he would take credit?

In speaking to a child, one might say, "God found her" to keep it on a simple level, or "the nice policemen found her." Instead, he says that HE found her.

Am I making too much of that? It would seem to me that LE would be interested in that wording. It might indicate that he was more involved in her reappearance than he has said.

RBBM: While I understand he speaking to their children, it is extremely odd IMO that he takes credit for finding SP.

I do not find it strange that he would take credit because IMO, he is soooooooooooo dramatic in his interviews, etc.

:thinking: What is even more strange IMO is that SP magically appeared on Thanksgiving morning ... and didn't KP or someone else who stated that KP told the children mom would be home by Thanksgiving ?

JMO but it was NO surprise to him when SP went "missing" ... and he knows why.

All :moo:

Reports indicate SP wasn't really tethered to anything except herself so running seems like it would have been possible. Her left wrist was tethered by a zip tie attached to a chain around her waist. I don't see anything about exactly how the attachment worked. Was there plenty of "slack"? It's hard to make out much from the surveillance video, but it looks to me that her left arm was swinging freely as you would expect from someone running.

The Michigan Man was cleared, but SP apparently had plans to meet up with him. This is the only such contact that has been made public. I assume any other contacts would have been investigated, too. Is it possible that SP had a throw-away phone or set up a separate e-mail account at the library or internet cafe? All MOO.

BBM.

And that's where I struggle so much with this case.

Same. She remembers cradling a blanket and rocking it as if it was her daughter, slamming young latina's head into the toilet, hearing a gun shot which may or may not have been young latina murdering old latina.... but what about the things that can help LE possible identify her captors and where she was held?

This has crossed my mind many times. You'd think they could narrow down where she was kept to some extent. A twisty road. Zooming out on the map from where she was dropped, there are a few twisty roads, but how long of a ride was it, approximately? Were they in the vehicle for hours or was it just a short ride until they dropped her off?
As for the place she was kept, was it a house, a house trailer, a pole barn and they just marched her inside to shower, etc.
She saw the bathroom, so was it a modern bathroom or did it have a 70's vibe going on?
Did she have to climb stairs to another level to shower? I understand she kept her head down to 'avoid getting beat' but she surely got to take in her surroundings for some of the time.
Did she feel she was kept in a basement? A finished basement or not? Even blindfolded at most times, she would likely have gotten a feel of how big the place was, how many levels, etc.
If she could feel it was a multi level home, police could cross off their list any single story homes.
What condition was the place in? Was it a nicely kept home or an old shack?
It it had green shag carpet, LE could rule out newer-built homes.
Did she hear traffic, neighbor kids, airplanes overhead frequently, trains going by?
Did it smell like a musty old abandoned place or a lived-in place with Scentsy or candles going making it smell nice. Did it seem like these people took pride in the place, as if it were their home, or did they just throw food wrappers on the floor, things like that.
Did she hear any pets in or around the home? Any children visiting? Any adults visiting?
Did her captors seem to be cooking on-site, meaning there was a working kitchen, or was it an abandoned house and they just brought in take-out food, chips, etc.
If they were feeding her or themselves fast food, did she hear one of them leave to go get it and were they gone for a long time, or did it seem like there were restaurants nearby?
Do most homes in California have basements? I know in some states they aren't common. If she feels she was kept in a basement, and they aren't common, that could narrow down the places.

It's odd, well not for this case, that they haven't given any hints or clues to the public to have their wheels turning about a place in their neighborhood that might have been the holding place.
I realize they don't want to make it look like they need the public to solve this, but as far as we know they haven't gotten it nailed down on their own yet.
Are they even looking for this place?
I would add, did she hear any train horns? With this they could narrow down the area based on train traffic information.

Did she hear any sirens? With the latter if she did and could pinpoint a day (even if it is vague like second or third day or second-last day, etc) and was in a rural area LE could literally go through dispatches and narrow a location.

As usual, all I know about sex trafficking crimes is from ID TV. I have seen a few cases where women were used to "recruit" or control victims. While it might be rare, I don't think it's impossible. What makes me have my doubts about the sex trafficking angle is the history of self harm/family issues.

The only thing that seems certain is that somebody else is involved for SP to be found 150 miles from home. I would think it would be easy to eliminate the spouse as that person but what person or persons could it be?

I'm not sure if Sherri ever said and I can't find anything but did she say how long the drive was from wherever she was to where she was dropped off?

:seeya:

BBM: Good question here.

Adding to your post: I would like to know when she was "abducted" from the road near her home, how long was that ride to where she was held captive those 22 days, or if she was moved any time during those 22 days.

:moo:

What the heck is a "rear side window", anyway? On an SUV you would have front windshield, rear window, front driver side window, rear driver side window, front passenger side window, and rear passenger side window.

Calling something a "rear side window" is goofy.

In the cargo compartment...

244975.jpg

What the heck is a "rear side window", anyway? On an SUV you would have front windshield, rear window, front driver side window, rear driver side window, front passenger side window, and rear passenger side window.

Calling something a "rear side window" is goofy.

Yeah, my first thought was, well is it on the damn rear or the side:giggle: I'm not so good with cars... can you tell? ;)

Same. She remembers cradling a blanket and rocking it as if it was her daughter, slamming young latina's head into the toilet, hearing a gun shot which may or may not have been young latina murdering old latina.... but what about the things that can help LE possible identify her captors and where she was held?

Yep... it's convenient for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member