Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point up thread exactly. But if she wasn't thinking clearly...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If she was irrational enough to do so, you'd think that she might've done other irrational things in the days or weeks leading up to it. Things her husband and others might have since recalled. But a staged suicide can't be ruled out, no.

We don't know what state of mind she was in that morning. Family's given no information; no word from preschool on who dropped her off, etc.

We don't know if it was commonplace for Sherri to even ask if there was a chance he was coming home for lunch.

I've had days where I've been pissed at my husband for not immediately answering a text -- have to admit. I'm not saying she was...just putting it out there that she may have been frustrated and threw the half-wrapped present aside after a period of waiting for him to respond and decided to go on a long run.

I suspect it's possible that the 11ish sighting may be the one that's wrong. Just a gut. If she texted him around 11, I would assume she'd wait at least a good while before heading out. Maybe she waited over an hour for him to respond and she got frustrated. Maybe she ate something light and headed out after 1:00. Pure speculation of course.

I'm not a runner, but my husband is. I don't know what runners typically do, but mine will run a couple of miles to a store...buy a gatorade, drink it, walk around for 10 minutes...then run back. Are there any stores within couple of miles that she may have jogged to and met with foul play?

It would be great if LE clarified a few things, a press conference would be good too so maybe reporters can ask these questions. A checkbook has a name printed on it, it should be pretty easy to tell if it is hers or not.

But that's the thing: if the checkbook had her name on it, the caller would have said so, and it would be in the call log. They didn't say that.

If she was irrational enough to do so, you'd think that she might've done other irrational things in the days or weeks leading up to it. Things her husband and others might have since recalled. But a staged suicide can't be ruled out, no.

Excellent point.

Thanks blue, the checkbook is odd, given our collective speculations. If that was her checkbook they found, I cant make sense of that in an abduction scenario or otherwise, unless she ran off and accidentally dropped it (??).

I beg everyone's pardon if this has been asked already. Do we know if it was "Her" checkbook or "their" checkbook? I was wondering if she had her own account and maybe this account was part of a plan to disappear.

Yes it bothers me too, at face value it is an abduction, but the police don't seem convinced.
I'm mentally going through a scenario of someone knocking at her door while she is wrapping the parcel. She leaves with them either voluntarily or involuntarily, ok so far, but I just can't figure her phone etc by the side of road.

I haven't heard enough to say that there absolutely was an abduction. Just taking the evidence at face value, she could for instance have suffered from some kind of delirium and wandered off, which if you're suffering from a condition due to say dehydration that could explain any dropped items if you're in a temporary altered mental state. If the eyewitness reports are accurate, she for instance could have given herself health problems by running too much that day.

But that's the thing: if the checkbook had her name on it, the caller would have said so, and it would be in the call log. They didn't say that.

I believe that log is edited. No record of the first 911 calls on the day Sherri went missing. Or did I miss those?

I have so many questions.
Who was the last person beside her husband to actually see Sherri alive?
Did Sherri or her husband drop the kids off at daycare that morning?
Why couldn't the dogs track her from her driveway to wherever she went?
Why did husband state " I wish I could be there"?
and more........

Oh, OK. I misunderstood. You're not buying the "killed at home and then the cell phone being left outside to suggest an abduction" ruse. I agree.

I'm open to all scenarios at this point. But do I believe that a stranger or acquaintance killed her in her home, cleaned up, removed the body and staged an abduction? No.

I'd like to know the last time someone physically spoke to her (not texting). I think there's a wide range of times of when something could have happened.

Yes,exactly!

I lived in the town of Redding,CA for three years, 2011, 2012, & 2013 and I used to go running there. Prior to living in the town of Redding, I went running almost every day, but when I moved to Redding, CA I stopped going every day, it was an unsafe area, even though I only went during broad daylight, usually around people (sometimes parks, but there would be people around).

Running by myself, in Redding, CA, gave me the hebie jeebies.

With the evidence presented, I'm leaning towards her voluntarily leaving...Of course, we are not given all of the information that the police have. By why no evidence of a struggle? No one simply vanishes into thin air. (I'll contradict myself for a moment: except Tera Smith did on the same road..)

Does anyone know if red herrings have been left in suicide cases? Voluntary missing?
Nicholas Francisco left his car in an apartment complex......He was supposed to come home right after work to make cookies with his kids and wife.

No, it just says 'believes it is related' What peaked my interest is what made them believe it was related.

We don't even know if Sherri had one. They aren't used often here anymore, being phased out and shops don't accept cheques anymore.

I have so many questions.
Who was the last person beside her husband to actually see Sherri alive?
Did Sherri or her husband drop the kids off at daycare that morning?
Why couldn't the dogs track her from her driveway to wherever she went?
Why did husband state " I wish I could be there"?
and more........

My questions from the get-go. ;)

Nicholas Francisco left his car in an apartment complex......He was supposed to come home right after work to make cookies with his kids and wife.

I'm not sure that leaving his car at an apartment complex was a red herring. He needed a place to park / meet up with the person he left with. It bought him some time, worried a whole lot of people, and LE was onto his scheme pretty quickly. I've referenced his case here because LE seems to have that same unhurried, not-all-that-concerned pace. However, behind the scenes ... they may know exactly what's what. I hope so.

Some numbers from the CDC in 2014:

Suicide/self-harm death rate: 13 per 100k
Homicide death rate: 5.1 per 100k

So a person is almost three times as likely to commit suicide than to be murdered.

Do we still not know if she had her gun with her? Because the risk of suicide increases with gun ownership. For women gun suicide is second only to poisoning.

I can't figure out how to come up with an abduction/kidnapping number because the categories are different and my math isn't that advanced. :/

I believe that log is edited. No record of the first 911 calls on the day Sherri went missing. Or did I miss those?

I also believe the log is edited. You're right about no 911 call on 11/02/2016.

Some numbers from the CDC in 2014:

Suicide/self-harm death rate: 13 per 100k
Homicide death rate: 5.1 per 100k

So a person is almost three times as likely to commit suicide than to be murdered.

Do we still not know if she had her gun with her? Because the risk of suicide increases with gun ownership. For women gun suicide is second only to poisoning.

I can't figure out how to come up with an abduction/kidnapping number because the categories are different and my math isn't that advanced. :/

Where might someone on foot commit the act? Where would you look? Should e able to be found.

Yes,exactly!

I lived in the town of Redding,CA for three years, 2011, 2012, & 2013 and I used to go running there. Prior to living in the town of Redding, I went running almost every day, but when I moved to Redding, CA I stopped going every day, it was an unsafe area, even though I only went during broad daylight, usually around people (sometimes parks, but there would be people around).

Running by myself, in Redding, CA, gave me the hebie jeebies.

With the evidence presented, I'm leaning towards her voluntarily leaving...Of course, we are not given all of the information that the police have. By why no evidence of a struggle? No one simply vanishes into thin air. (I'll contradict myself for a moment: except Tera Smith did on the same road..)

There is a suspected POI in Tera's case, though, right? Karate Instructor?
Maura Murray vanished into thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members