GUILTY CA - Two police officers shot, one killed, San Diego, 28 July 2016 *Arrests*

URwSigyQ_bigger.jpg
Brandon Lewis‏@BrandonCBS8

Incident on Delta St appears to be ending. SWAT leaving home, evidence techs moving inpic.twitter.com/cbYxWx65hU
CokA18QUEAAjwsq.jpg

Just been odd. I am stuck on 5 local news. It is the worst news cast I have ever seen in my life. The female anchor was getting stuff wrong apolgiing ,the feild reporter starts each report with ok, bla bla. Holding her own camera, the audio is at different levels, at one point she explain that her battery is low- anyone on somewhere else live? Every local I tried is playing pre recorded stuff, which I find biazire it self??

First suspect is Jesse Michael Gomez about 53 yrs. old. Second suspect being questioned.

Second officer is awake and expected to recover and survive.

Just been odd. I am stuck on 5 local news. It is the worst news cast I have ever seen in my life. The female anchor was getting stuff wrong apolgiing ,the feild reporter starts each report with ok, bla bla. Holding her own camera, the audio is at different levels, at one point she explain that her battery is low- anyone on somewhere else live? Every local I tried is playing pre recorded stuff, which I find biazire it self??

Hot and muggy here with power limit warnings. My old computer's fan started running a lot more today and driving me nuts. I need to take the cover off and air clean it.

WATCH LIVE: Chief Zimmerman updates investigation into fatal attack on police officers
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/07/29/...igation-into-fatal-attack-on-police-officers/

This is crazy no???

More: Police say they have not determined if 2nd 'possible suspect,' was involved in San Diego officer shooting - @D4VIDHernandez

[h=2]San Diego police say officer wounded in shooting now awake and talking at the hospital - @10NewsBrian

[/h][h=2]San Diego Police Cheif Zimmerman says Jesse Gomez arrested in officer shooting; Marcus Cassani is 2nd 'possible' suspect - @10NewsMilanes

[/h]

Hot and muggy here with power limit warnings. My old computer's fan started running a lot more today and driving me nuts. I need to take the cover off and air clean it.

WATCH LIVE: Chief Zimmerman updates investigation into fatal attack on police officers
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/07/29/...igation-into-fatal-attack-on-police-officers/

Curious are you finding this frustrating? The local news out there does not seem to be covering it live? I would think a hostage sit in the local markety would live no??

Are both scenes done, or is one still going on - all I keep getting is earlier reports - so its hard to figure out what is happening in real time

HEKP!!!

[h=2]2nd possible suspect in San Diego police shooting was arrested on outstanding warrant, police say - ABC 10
[/h]

I feel so sad about the fatality of Officer Jonathan "JD" DeGuzman.

33rd officer since 1913 to lose his or her life in the line of duty in San Diego.

I've never seen so many officers look so somber and grief stricken losing one of their own. This has hit them all hard. We currently have a shortage of officers in San Diego.

All of the SDPD gathered at the hospital for the second Officer Wade Irwin. Thankfully, he's awake now, expected to recover, and will probably be able to say how this all went down.

First suspect is Jesse Michael Gomez is 52 yrs. old. Second suspect being questioned.

What? Another location?

BTW, I saw something in a photo of an officer with a white ribbon like looped device hanging from his belt that I don't know what it was. Anybody know what it is?

Here's an Exclusive Video of second suspect laying in the middle of the street surrendering and police taking him into custody peacefully.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/32569695/...led-and-second-wounded-in-shooting-identified

Curious are you finding this frustrating? The local news out there does not seem to be covering it live? I would think a hostage sit in the local markety would live no??

Are both scenes done, or is one still going on - all I keep getting is earlier reports - so its hard to figure out what is happening in real time

HEKP!!!

I just saw a picture of a female officer who may have taken one of the injured officers to the hospital in her police car. One hand was up towards her forehead and the other hand was still holding her gun. She looked shook up and stunned.

That second suspect in the above video was laying in the middle of the street in the video I posted above. He's no kid either. Older guys, not young gang members.

I don't know if there was actually a car involved. Trying to piece things together.
Now I'm on News10 looking at the area the suspect hid in the brush.

Both officers were wearing bullet proof vests!

PER NEWS10
http://www.10news.com/news/2-sdpd-officers-shot-conditions-unknown-072816

The second suspect is named.
Marcos Antonio Casanni, 41 yrs. old.

Said on the news his record shows some charges:
1994 Burglary and did time in prison
2003 Burglary
2004 Joyriding
2005 Meth
2007 Meth
2009 Dagger
then another drug charge

Two houses were involved in the searching. The house on Epsilon Street where the swat team had to break in doors and windows is left in shambles. The big picture window is completely shattered. LE didn't find anyone inside. I guess his sister tried to get him to surrender.

Lots of pictures and a map of the area at the link. A large number of SDPD officers later today were still fanning out and combing the area for further evidence. I don't know if they already collected the weapon used to shoot the officers, but maybe it was still on the first suspect. Two suspects are in custody, although they aren't sure if the second one who hid had anything to do with the shooting. This happened extremely fast and I really want to know how and why.

SDPD officer killed and second wounded in Southcrest shooting identified
http://www.cbs8.com/story/32569695/...led-and-second-wounded-in-shooting-identified

"Police swarmed the neighborhood where the shootout happened and quickly captured 52-year-old Jesse Gomez in a nearby ravine, Zimmerman said. He was in critical condition Friday with a gunshot wound but was expected to survive. Police gave no further information about Gomez or his role in the shootout except to say he was a suspect."

and

"She said police were investigating to see whether 41-year-old Marcus Antonio Cassani had any role in the police shootings."

[h=1]Slain officer remembered with respect
Jonathan DeGuzman was a family man and dedicated officer[/h]It has been almost 13 years since former San Diego Police Chief William Lansdowne pinned one of the department’s purple hearts on Officer Jonathan “J.D.” DeGuzman’s chest, but he has not forgotten the moment or the man.

“I am going to miss him. I really am,” said Lansdowne, who awarded DeGuzman with a purple heart in 2003 after the officer was stabbed during a traffic stop. “I saw his picture today, and I remember pinning that heart on him and how impressed I was with him as a person.

“In my time with him, he had a good sense of humor. He was positive and upbeat. He had nothing but kind words to say about the other officers in the department. He would always take the time to talk about his family. He was the really the kind of person you would like to be around.”

To the San Diego Police Department, the 43-year-old DeGuzman was the ideal officer, the kind who wanted the tough jobs and had the personal and professional qualifications to do them well.

He and fellow gang-supression officer Wade Irwin were on duty Thursday night when DeGuzman was shot and killed after he and Irwin stopped someone in Southcrest. Irwin was seriously wounded, but he is expected to recover. DeGuzman died at Scripps Mercy Hospital.

read more at
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...athan-deguzman-slain-sdpd-officer-remembered/

O/T I felt compelled to post this on several threads, in light of magnitude of the Pulse shooting , that body cam footage and a bunch of new documents were released . Found the body cam stuff and posted them on Pulse thread - trying to find the 98 pages of new info. Thought many would want to know

Update from News8 broadcast at 5 p.m. today:

The second suspect named Marcos Antonio Casanni, 41 yrs. old, was initially apprehended on a past warrant for a controlled substance. He was taken into custody yesterday. He is NO LONGER BEING HELD IN POLICE CUSTODY as reported on News8 at 5 p.m. I think LE hasn't been able to determine yet what happened and if Casanni was actually involved in the shooting of the officers.
Jesse Michael Gomez is still in custody.

My own speculations...I've been thinking about how extremely fast the shootings occurred. Cassani doesn't have a record of murder or attempted murder. MOO, I doubt he'd shot the police to escape a old warrant for some drugs. It's possible Cassani was just standing there talking with the other first suspect, Jesse Michael Gomez, when the officers came along...perhaps Gomez shot them and it shocked and scared Cassani so he hid while the SWAT team descended on that house later left in shambles.

I have yet to hear if the suspect Jesse Michael Gomez has a record and for what, or what his gang activity might involve. Why would he shoot at those officers right off like that?

Potential suspect in SDPD officer shooting released
Updated: Jul 30, 2016 5:11 PM PDT

http://www.cbs8.com/story/32579220/potential-suspect-in-sdpd-officer-shooting-released

The two gang officers were allegedly shot by Jesse Michael Gomez, 52, late Thursday night in Southcrest as they attempted a field stop. Gomez was in critical condition from gunshots he received during a brief gun battle, according to police.

The reason for the attempted field stop, and whether Gomez was on foot or in a vehicle at the time, remained unclear and the investigation was ongoing, according to Zimmerman. She said the department would release more information as it becomes available.

Marcus Antonio Cassani, 41, was arrested Friday nearby on an unrelated outstanding warrant, but his involvement in the shooting remained unclear, Zimmerman said, describing him as a "potential suspect.''

July 30, 2016
Update 6:45 pm EDT

San Diego police hope body camera footage gives insight into officer killing

SAN DIEGO - Investigators viewed body-camera footage to learn how one San Diego police officer was killed and another seriously injured in a gunbattle during a traffic stop. But the city's police chief said Saturday that she has yet to determine if the shooting was similar to targeted, premeditated attacks on police in other parts of the country.

Chief Shelley Zimmerman and Mayor Kevin Faulconer visited briefly with the wounded officer, 32-year-old Wade Irwin, at the hospital on Saturday morning, but investigators were still unable to interview him after surgery. Zimmerman reiterated that Irwin was expected to fully recover, and Faulconer said the nine-year veteran of the force "looked good, all things considered."

Zimmerman didn't say what the police body camera footage showed and declined to comment on other aspects of the investigation, saying lots of ballistics, forensics and other evidence had to be processed. She stopped short of tying the shooting to killings of officers this month in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which have put police departments on high alert across the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...s-insight-into-officer-killing/?client=safari

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back