Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

-----

bbm

On Sunday? Why did he not report it earlier? The "body", if it was one, could be miles away by now! smh And the helicopter search has been called off just now when this potential lead comes in? My neck is starting to hurt from all the head shaking. What the? I'm actually pretty upset about this right now :mad:

The article tells the fisherman spotted the body on Sunday, not that he reported it only then
Nak Phong, the fisherman who reported the tip and joined them on the search, said he had spotted a body in the waters on Sunday floating about 40 kilometres from the shore.

This makes me so angry! Who thinks they sees a body in the water and doesn't investigate? how heartless do you have to be? And to not report it until now?

I don’t think we should judge so harshly.

Granted, if her body had not been found, this report of a sighting would have been incredibly frustrating/upsetting for all.

However this man is from a very different culture. We don’t know about his religious & spiritual beliefs.

If alone, or even if not alone, he may well have been fearful of a dead body & afraid to go closer.

Many people in our part of the world are horrified at the prospect of seeing a dead body.

He may not have known there was a missing Westerner at the time.

The fact that he made the sighting, reported it & then joined in with the search is telling.

It’s a very sad outcome & my sincere condolences go out to Amelia’s family & all those touched by this tragedy.

Have there been any pictures of where " 30 miles off the Cambodian coast" actually is?

Having this information would help us to know if she drowned and tides took her to that location or whether she was abducted and taken by boat to that location.

Have there been any pictures of where " 30 miles off the Cambodian coast" actually is?

Having this information would help us to know if she drowned and tides took her to that location or whether she was abducted and taken by boat to that location.

Good point, although I guess we might never know the full story as it will be stated that she drowned just like they (local police) suspected!

The Daily Mail appears to have a diagram of it, not massively detailed though:

20420364-7634587-image-a-19_1572520116090.jpg

Body of missing Amelia Bambridge is found at sea in Cambodia | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The Daily Mail appears to have a diagram of it, not massively detailed though:

20420364-7634587-image-a-19_1572520116090.jpg

Body of missing Amelia Bambridge is found at sea in Cambodia | Daily Mail Online

Well that's neither 30 miles off the Cambodian coast, nor 30 miles from Koh Rong.
Still, gives a general direction.

I've been by boat across that area (from Sihanoukville past Koh Rong on to Koh Kong, to cross into Thailand) and recall the water was so choppy the boat was listing all over. I can well believe her body could have been carried along in those waters, I'm just not convinced she entered the sea in the shallows. Surely someone would have seen her before she got so far away - at least 70 miles if that map above is correct.

...Its over.

Not what I expected, but it is what it is. The distance she has floated seems about right over about a week, but Police beach faces the opposite direction so how she managed to float around the southern peninsula and head NE along the coast is a mystery. A comprehensive autopsy is a must to be sure the death was accidental.

At least she was found, some never are!.

It is still possible she was murdered on the shoreline and her body was taken out to sea by a boat and then discarded. I'm sure the family would like to see that possibility, rape, and any evidence of sexual assault ruled out for piece of mind.

This will therefore be my last post on this thread. I am satisfied for everyone here and the family that this has reached resolution as it looked for all the world to be one of those impossible ones to crack.

But still, given Cambodia's clear vested interests in a accidental diagnosis, the family would do well to arrange a second autopsy back in the UK just to be sure:- but of course that is a decision for them.

Let's get her flown back home as soon as possible.

RIP Amelia Bambridge.

Last edited:
I just found it odd her clothes wernt left with her bag if she did take a drunken dip, I posted that photo to point that out . Doesn't seem like she was floating with her clothes on either.

Could she have put her bag on the rock while getting into a boat and forgot about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back