Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

It really sounds like he lived a very violent life pretty much his whole life. It also seems like he has been using substances from a very young age. None of this excuses or explains his behavior though.
Actually the drugi abuse can be a perfect explanation for his behaviour. Judging from the descriptions of his past behaviour cocaine put him on the verge of psychosis. Some time ago though he switched to methamphetamine, notorious for causing psychosis even in people more stable than Myles.So, if he relapsed in Spring and kept using through the Summer, then yes, it is fully possibile he is now in a full blast meth psychosis, causing him to stab random people.

As for Damien, who, as I gathered from the media, has zero history of violence and was described as very caring person, I think he was trying to stop Myles and paid with his life.

New article with names of victims:

RCMP, coroners service release identities of 10 people killed in Saskatchewan stabbings

RSBM:
"Here is comprehensive list of deceased victims as provided by RCMP:

• Thomas Burns, 23, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Carol Burns, 46, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Gregory Burns, 28, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Lydia Gloria Burns, 61, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Bonnie Burns, 48, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Earl Burns, 66, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Lana Head, 49, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Christian Head, 54, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Robert Sanderson, 49, of James Smith Cree Nation, Saskatchewan
  • Wesley Petterson, 78, of Weldon, Saskatchewan
RCMP said it will not be identifying or confirming relationships of the deceased identified.

It also said the identities or ages of the wounded would not be released, but confirmed one young teen was injured while the remaining were adults."

The missteps are referring to the fact that when the mass shooter (I'm not naming him on purpose) went on a rampage in NS, dressed as a cop and in a mock-up police car in April 2020, the police used TWITTER as a way to alert the public about his locations. The national alert system was NOT used. It can be argued that the latter deaths (esp Lillian) could have been prevented had the public known what was going on.

edit to add article with some explanation

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... residential school explains a lot but it is not an excuse for Myles behaviour. Many people have experienced intergenerational trauma and or PTSD, family abuse, familial fragmentation etc and don’t go around stabbing people. I am sure through corrections and other agencies, he has had the opportunity to work on some of his issues. There is much personal responsibility on his part…he is responsible for his actions…no excuse for the mass murders. I do think perhaps the use of meth is correlated to his behaviours though. However, there is still no excuse for murdering 10 people. Explanations yes…

Last edited by a moderator:
The missteps are referring to the fact that when the mass shooter (I'm not naming him on purpose) went on a rampage in NS, dressed as a cop and in a mock-up police car in April 2020, the police used TWITTER as a way to alert the public about his locations. The national alert system was NOT used. It can be argued that the latter deaths (esp Lillian) could have been prevented had the public known what was going on.

edit to add article with some explanation

OK, thanks kindly. I knew it was NS but I had forgotten the details. :)

There were also the missteps in the following manhunt as well, which happened about four years ago. It took the RCMP a substantial amount of time to find BS and KM but they did in the end. Hopefully, the same will happen with MS But sooner than the previous mentioned manhunt. However, there so many places to hide out in Canada. Additionally, someone has been helping MS hide since May when he violated His parole.

RCMP's cross-country manhunt for admitted killers Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod​

Last edited:
Yes I got a notification in Alberta too, lessons learned by the RCMP I think.

Could be brothers or maybe cousins. Until the press conference I wouldn‘t have guessed there were so many casualties…..although thankfully they didn’t get ahold of guns!
It's too bad they didn't cross paths with someone with a firearm. This is just awful! What on earth was their motive? Is there a total death count yet?

There were also the missteps in the following manhunt as well, which happened about four years ago. It took the RCMP a substantial amount of time to find BS and KM but they did in the end. Hopefully, the same will happen with MS But sooner than the previous mentioned manhunt. However, there so many places to hide out in Canada. Additionally, someone has been helping MS hide since May when he violated His parole.

RCMP's cross-country manhunt for admitted killers Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod​

Oh, no! I didn't realize that they are still at large.

It's too bad they didn't cross paths with someone with a firearm. This is just awful! What on earth was their motive? Is there a total death count yet?

I agree. 10 innocent people who needlessly lost their lives plus at last count 3 of the injured still in critical condition. No doubt all the injured, 17 or 18 as accounts vary, will experience life altering scars of some, whether mental or physical.

Final good bye

I'm not sure why The Daily Beast posted a photo of Damien Sanderson instead of Myles at the top of the article.

Anyway, the article says a source reported that Myles went to Regina to say goodbye to relatives after the stabbings and that he may have committed suicide. IMO that's well within the realm of possibility as he hasn't been spotted since Regina.

The article also said:

Sources say Myles Sanderson was spotted in the front seat of a black Nissan Rogue. No further sightings of Sanderson or the vehicle have been reported in the hours and days since.

No mention of a second person in the SUV so we're back to wondering how many were in Regina.

Also as an aside per the earlier discussion of residential schools, the Archbishop of Canterbury visited James Smith Cree Band in April to apologize for the abuse the schools perpetrated on children and families.

IMO we can only guess why the brothers ultimately turned to violence while others did not.

Final good bye

He got to say a final good bye to his loved ones but his victims didn't get that chance. Horrible. He probably has died of suicide by now. If I was them, however, I would have truned him in ASAP. If he's dead now that means whoever was quoted granted him his last wishes and IMO that makes them guilty of harboring him and not letting authorities know. SO YES THEY ARE COMPLACENT IN HIS BARBARITY!!!!

I'm not sure why The Daily Beast posted a photo of Damien Sanderson instead of Myles at the top of the article.

Anyway, the article says a source reported that Myles went to Regina to say goodbye to relatives after the stabbings and that he may have committed suicide. IMO that's well within the realm of possibility as he hasn't been spotted since Regina.

The article also said:

Sources say Myles Sanderson was spotted in the front seat of a black Nissan Rogue. No further sightings of Sanderson or the vehicle have been reported in the hours and days since.

No mention of a second person in the SUV so we're back to wondering how many were in Regina.

Also as an aside per the earlier discussion of residential schools, the Archbishop of Canterbury visited James Smith Cree Band in April to apologize for the abuse the schools perpetrated on children and families.

IMO we can only guess why the brothers ultimately turned to violence while others did not.
He was probably so injured that he couldn't drive anymore so the other person may have had to drive for him. But again Myles was granted his last wishes by those who said its OKAY he shouldn't be turned in to LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back