Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome i will elaborate as asked in the very center of the shoe where the laces meet at the bottom each of the 3 shoes has a different color pattern

I'm split on whether DG will testify. I can argue both sides, but I won't. I'll just wait and see. At this point, I don't think anything would shock me...

I am convinced this guy as sick as he is and as confident as he has said "not guilty" that he only has done so as a means to further this families suffering. I would not be surprised if he testifies to give gruesome details to further that. The way he pays attention and takes notes and how the defense is pretty much non existent.

His defence lawyer is not going to take part in that! He has pleaded not guilty so his lawyer isn't going to put him up there and ask him questions about the details of murdering 3 people. That would make a joke of our justice system and imo no lawyer would do that.

With the Chief Medical Examiner testifying today, it seems worth while to brace ourselves for potentially graphic testimony. I'll use warnings for those posts: Disturbing or Graphic.

I'm split on whether DG will testify. I can argue both sides, but I won't. I'll just wait and see. At this point, I don't think anything would shock me...

If he he dumb enough to get up there then let the crown at him! I'll be shocked, but completely engrossed by his testimony.

Female - did you have any observations on the members of the jury when you went? Anything you can share?

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Day 12 of the #Garland triple murder trial about to start. Despite there being no bodies we expect to hear from the medical examiner today.

I would be interested to know if the LE investigators have found any clues or details on the hard drive which they cannot link to this case, but might lead them in other directions and to look at other cases? Like other sleuthers, I am not convinced that the L's have been the one and only obsession of DG. Wouldn't it be something else if their investigations lead to other unsolved situations!

Defense Lawyer will advise a Client not to take the stand. However it is the accused that makes that final decision. Thanks in advance for tweets. Mostly here but following another trial. Cant keep up thanking each post.

I agree totally that he is taking notes for his testimony. Where I disagree with you is his reasoning. I believe he thinks it was very justified in what he did and he is going to testify to convince everyone of that. I keep going back to his winning his EI case where he had to admit he was using a stolen identity for all those years and was still able to get what was owing to him (in his mind). I just can't wrap my head around the sense of entitlement he must have and the fact our justice system accepted it.

I think he takes notes to give reasons for some of the evidence being presented and passes them on to his defence team. And then they get up and ask every witness, "isn't that something that anyone can view or purchase?" LOL. What else are they going to say? They know that arguing away every piece individually as something that he might have a valid reason for purchasing is pointless and desperate considering the supporting evidence. Maybe DG wants them to? :waitasec:

MOO

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
More
Day 12 of Douglas #Garland triple-murder trial about to begin. I'll be live Tweeting today.

We were shocked when Mark Smich took the stand in the Bosma trial. Dellen Millard was shocked too! You just never know what's going on inside these guys' heads.

Will he or won't he? It would be stupid of him to take the stand but I'm sure that we all are relishing the thought of hearing him speak for himself. The Crown would love it I'm sure.

Can't see it happening though.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago

Jury not yet in courtroom, as judge & counsel discuss issues prior to the start of the day's proceedings in #Garland triple-murder trial.

Female - did you have any observations on the members of the jury when you went? Anything you can share?

I'm not sure legally what all I can share? Very diverse group age wise and appearance wise. 2 of them made eye contact with me more than a handful of times but the rest didn't pay attention to the crowd at all. They take notes, Mark pages with flags, follow along attentively. Everything I expected from a jury.

We were shocked when Mark Smich took the stand in the Bosma trial. Dellen Millard was shocked too! You just never know what's going on inside these guys' heads.

Will he or won't he? It would be stupid of him to take the stand but I'm sure that we all are relishing the thought of hearing him speak for himself. The Crown would love it I'm sure.

Can't see it happening though.

Mark Smich's testimony completely changed how i thought about him. During the whole trial I kind of saw him as this dumb follower and after he took the stand I realized that he was just as conniving as Dellen Millard.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 46s47 seconds ago

Day 12 of triple murder trial of Douglas #Garland about to begin-jury has just been brought in.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 50s51 seconds ago

Jury now in for Day 12 of #Garland triple-murder trial. Letting them know there will be no Friday court, another long weekend.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 27s28 seconds ago

Justice Gates tells jury he needs to hear a legal application with jury absent this afternoon-so trial will end early today. #Garland

Don't forget Jodi Arias on the stand. That was epic!

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 36s37 seconds ago

Douglas #Garland triple murder trial today: 2 police witnesses & medical examiner who will testify about blood/bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname