Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the grandfather and Nathan are out there alive and the grandmother is dead.
This is why they still have the amber alert up. JMO

I think the grandfather and Nathan are out there alive and the grandmother is dead.

I think the grandfather is dead and Nathan and his grandma are still alive. I feel the blood at the house was the grandpas.

IMO, the truck in this pic is a Dodge, not a Ford.

My thoughts exactly....looks like a dodge ram

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I think the grandfather is dead and Nathan and his grandma are still alive. I feel the blood at the house was the grandpas.

My theory keeps changing, but, as of now: If DG is the perp, I think it's grandpa's blood at the Parkhill house. If DG is an accomplice after the fact, I think it's grandma's blood. Horrible either way but the second scenario gives me more hope that Nathan is alive.

I have that same horrible gut feeling!
Can't explain myself

Global Calgary News at 6pm

SUV searched
New area searched 2km NE of first property
3rd search area intensified in last hour
DG remains in custody till Wed at least
DG has no lawyer yet and only consulted with Duty Council so far
Alvin and DG had a falling out several years ago after a business deal ended badly

6:00pm Global Calgary news:

Ground footage of the fire department aquatic team on yellow dingy. Says they searched for 3 hours on water in the dingy.

Black SUV shown again. Clearer footage. Looks like a newer vehicle then previously speculated here.

Reporter live on scene says "the search in the third area has intensified in the past hour".

DG currently held at the remand centre.

Crime reporter Nancy Hixt says: "a family member tells us that Al and Douglas had a falling out several years ago after a business deal ended badly".

News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770
Water break and more mosquito repellant and a group of @rcmpgrcpolice is ready for more searching #yyc pic.twitter.com/aNNo4f8NwM

Br-nOF1CIAIUY_v.jpg

https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770

Global Calgary News at 6pm

SUV searched
New area searched 2km NE of first property
3rd search area intensified in last hour
DG remains in custody till Wed at least
DG has no lawyer yet and only consulted with Duty Council so far
Alvin and DG had a falling out several years ago after a business deal ended badly

That last bit of information just made me D: Why hasn't that been brought up until now when searches have obviously intensified? I can't imagine the CPS are covering such a specific area on a whim.

That last bit of information just made me D: Why hasn't that been brought up until now when searches have obviously intensified? I can't imagine the CPS are covering such a specific area on a whim.

Well I would bet that LE knew this already but they've been very tight lipped. A reporter only shared it now after speaking to family member.

The fact that LE is allowing media above the search site, and so close to the site - I mean, really, they could block it off, it tells a story to me.

They WANT it out there about this search.

It's like others have said. There is WAY, WAY more going on in the background. Like the LEO said - he has never seen anything this big before.

I don't know. It's just so upsetting.

Just for the record I am totally confused by the media tweets right now as some are saying they came out for one more sweep and are leaving, others are saying they just started...I have no idea if they are coming, going or moving

Video confirming the family relationship between DG and the Ls and speaks out about a falling out between DG and AL http://globalnews.ca/calgary/

Well, I had been hoping this was not the case since we got wind of this yesterday (via rumor). Unfortunately, I think this leads us to the worst-case scenario. Wrong place, wrong time for this innocent child. I think JO knew/had a hunch/mother's instinct about this when she said "he wasn't supposed to be there" in reference to her little boy. This was between the adults and it was about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsmeblahblah