Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, LE is NOT going to divulge what evidence they actually have and in my opinion they do have some evidence. They would not be spending the time and effort tearing apart DG's acreage if they didn't have SOMETHING. It may not be enough to charge anyone with but it's a start. IMHO LE needs to be absolutely sure that they have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's before they move in for the "kill".

LE released the CCTV shot of the truck for help. Let's not forget that they probably have more footage of the truck and who's to say they don't see that truck parked right in the driveway. They might have seen several things that we have not been made privy to and we won't be made privy to. There have been many a case where you hear absolutely nothing and everything LE is doing makes no sense and then boom! it all comes together.

<snip>

LE knows stuff and they know stuff about their POI. It will all come together but it's going to take some time.

And ... even when LE tells us details about what evidence they have, we continue as though we don't believe it. How many theories have been expounded that ignore the evidence that the three did not leave the house voluntarily.

I don't believe LE has ever stated that blood was found in the home. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I really don't think the presence of blood on the scene has ever been mentioned specifically by LE?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1433136/police-confirm-violent-incident-occurred-inside-missing-familys-home/

"Normally it takes several months for analysis, but officers have expedited the examination and hope to have the results within several days or a week. Despite the grisly evidence found at the scene, police remain optimistic."

OK I should have said AT the home.

What is that blue "pond" (and the blueish area nearby)? Very unnatural. Is it some kind of chemical storage of Garland or what? (sorry if this sounds ignorant)

I think it's someone's idea of increasing the vibrance. It should be the reflection of the sky on the water.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1433136/police-confirm-violent-incident-occurred-inside-missing-familys-home/

"Normally it takes several months for analysis, but officers have expedited the examination and hope to have the results within several days or a week. Despite the grisly evidence found at the scene, police remain optimistic."

OK I should have said AT the home.

Thank you for the link. I still don't see any mention of blood specifically. I think they have carefully avoided using the word.

A few questions that I have (sorry if these have all been asked/answered before, I just don't remember seeing them!)
1. How far away does N.O live from his grandparents?
2. Have we been told wether N.O was asleep when his mother went home that night?
3. Has anything been mentioned regarding phone records from the L's house or cell phones? Unusual call volume, etc?
4. Can LE track kijiji views/IP addresses/locations to determine if any particular IP address had exceptionally high page views for the estate sale ads?

I don't believe LE has ever stated that blood was found in the home. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I really don't think the presence of blood on the scene has ever been mentioned specifically by LE?

"We can now confirm that a violent crime happened in that residence," said Calgary police Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...home-1.2696527

BBM/UBM

Technically, you are correct. I guess I just assumed since 4 days after they sent in forensics, this article comes out. And they describe that someone could be in medical distress.

Cherchri -Now that I re-read earlier articles, they did not come out and say a violent crime took place until 7/4. I have been so skeptical about whether there was blood at the scene. I go back and forth. You are correct...LE says "No comment" to the questions as to whether there was blood at the scene. However, they never mention that they suspected a VIOLENT CRIME took place until 4 days after the forensics team had gathered evidence. The 3 went missing on 6/30. Then 4 days later, LE said they believed a violent crime took place in the residence and someone would be in medical distress.I have a pretty sneaking suspicion that they got confirmation on those forensics as BLOOD to indicate a violent crime /medical distress. One could assume that the forensics from the drag marks and within the home were confirmed as blood and those results took 4 days to come back. What evidence on the scene would point to a violent crime resulting in someone being in medical distress when you don't have bodies to examine? To me...it's blood.

I am beginning to talk myself into believing that there was blood at the scene. That is just my opinion, assumption, etc.

Thank you for the link. I still don't see any mention of blood specifically. I think they have carefully avoided using the word.

The description of the scene infers, to me at least, that's there is more than some flipped furniture, broken items and possible drag marks of something along the driveway or sidewalk. LE used the term violent struggle and the reporter added the term grisly scene, without ever retracting that statement.
Also in that article it states "He adds that they are now working to determine who was victimized."

How can they determine who was victimized if there wasn't some type of DNA (blood) present?

CP24 in Toronto is saying on their live tv news that bail today was set at $750,000. All articles I read say $750 bail. (as well CP24 website says $750) Which is correct ? I have heard it twice now on the Tv when they are updating daily news stories.

That is the problem with reporting - lots of contradictions made by press.

It was $750. CASH. I wonder where Garland found even that amount? If he has to have access to a land line, then I can't see him staying at shelters, unless special arrangements have been made just for him. As I said, these places are not open 24/7. They line up at nite to sign up for a bed, and are kicked out in the a.m. No frills - just a mat on the floor.
So - there would not be a regular access to a landline phone.

Therefore something tells me that he would of had to be put up in a hotel/motel or some other type of housing - and not shelters. He would need transportation to his doctor's office and the courts - so.......in order to meet this criteria as set out in the courts - he is probably being relatively well cared for - somewhere.

And ... even when LE tells us details about what evidence they have, we continue as though we don't believe it. How many theories have been expounded that ignore the evidence that the three did not leave the house voluntarily.
We continue because none of us wants to hear of a negative outcome. I would prefer to believe that a sweet little boy was not in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that we would prefer to believe they are some where and we can help find them unharmed. I most certainly want to believe that no one would hurt a child. Yep, I live in a utopia, however theories allow us to have hope. It has been 12 days, I'm still going with a hope theory that perhaps they all went away with DGs assistance to get away from their financial issues, after all...DG was an expert at creating a new identity. Who else do you know of that created a new identity and got away with it for 7 years?

Newbie posting for the first time. Hello!

I've been lurking and reading for quite some time and I think that sometimes we are assuming things that just may not be....

To be clear, LE is NOT going to divulge what evidence they actually have and in my opinion they do have some evidence. They would not be spending the time and effort tearing apart DG's acreage if they didn't have SOMETHING. It may not be enough to charge anyone with but it's a start. IMHO LE needs to be absolutely sure that they have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's before they move in for the "kill".

LE released the CCTV shot of the truck for help. Let's not forget that they probably have more footage of the truck and who's to say they don't see that truck parked right in the driveway. They might have seen several things that we have not been made privy to and we won't be made privy to. There have been many a case where you hear absolutely nothing and everything LE is doing makes no sense and then boom! it all comes together.

I believe that the truck in the video is the truck at the farm. If it wasn't...they would still be looking for a truck and THAT we would know about. I believe they have the truck they seek.

This appears extremely complicated and when there are tons of players, companies, bankruptcies, family members, grudges, drug dealers, etc., everything becomes convoluted and it becomes a huge puzzle that is going to take time to decipher.

The problem is that 3 people are missing and time is moving on and it makes everything so much more urgent.

LE knows stuff and they know stuff about their POI. It will all come together but it's going to take some time.
Great post. Welcome

"We can now confirm that a violent crime happened in that residence," said Calgary police Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...home-1.2696527

BBM/UBM

Technically, you are correct. I guess I just assumed since 4 days after they sent in forensics, this article comes out. And they describe that someone could be in medical distress.

Cherchri -Now that I re-read earlier articles, they did not come out and say a violent crime took place until 7/4. I have been so skeptical about whether there was blood at the scene. I go back and forth. You are correct...LE says "No comment" to the questions as to whether there was blood at the scene. However, they never mention that they suspected a VIOLENT CRIME took place until 4 days after the forensics team had gathered evidence. The 3 went missing on 6/30. Then 4 days later, LE said they believed a violent crime took place in the residence and someone would be in medical distress.I have a pretty sneaking suspicion that they got confirmation on those forensics as BLOOD to indicate a violent crime /medical distress. One could assume that the forensics from the drag marks and within the home were confirmed as blood and those results took 4 days to come back. What evidence on the scene would point to a violent crime resulting in someone being in medical distress when you don't have bodies to examine? To me...it's blood.

I am beginning to talk myself into believing that there was blood at the scene. That is just my opinion, assumption, etc.
Excellent! Thank you. Yes one immediately assumes the presence of blood and I have no doubt there was blood. LE, however, have been extremely careful about what they specify and I don't believe they have ever said "blood" just "evidence". Of course certain reporters add words like "grisly" ....... Which, of course leads us to picture a bloody crime scene. LE would be doing these poor people a disservice if they were too specific.

I think it's someone's idea of increasing the vibrance. It should be the reflection of the sky on the water.

That is way overdone, gives me an eerie feeling thinking it might be chemicals Garland kept.

Bleeding people are even harder to transport than those who are not injured.

If there Is indeed blood in the house, then I expect carpets and shower curtains to be missing.

It makes no sense to me to transport bleeding people unless they were deceased, wrapped up and concealed.

Grisly, I know, but if AL, KL and NO were taken in that green truck, dead or alive, surely the police would have found enough incriminating evidence to charge DG by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, maybe the perp decided to dispose of the bodies (as opposed to leaving them there) to hide DNA evidence.

Just suppose KL fought back...she'd have the perps DNA under her fingernails.

Blood was specifically mentioned in the newspaper article at:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...as-criminal-past-new-charge-1.2698107?cmp=rss

"Investigators estimate between 200 and 300 people went through the home over the course of the weekend but they are trying to get an idea of what was purchased and what remains in the home.

"They say there was no sign of forced entry into the home but that blood found inside confirms that a violent incident did take place there.

Police could not say who the blood belonged to, only that whoever it was from would have been "in medical distress"."

Also, maybe the perp decided to dispose of the bodies (as opposed to leaving them there) to hide DNA evidence.

Just suppose KL fought back...she'd have the perps DNA under her fingernails.

When they booked DG he would have been processed into the correctional facility that he was placed. I would think at that time they would have observed any marks on him, if there are or were any I am sure it would be noted.

This case is so frustrating. Hope the 3 are found. If DG is not involved...the person(s) responsible for the disappearance have had 12 days to erase any tracks. Let's hope LE has enough evidence to justify the time, energy, and resources that have been spent focusing on DG.
Prayers to the missing. Prayers to the family of the missing.
Signing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member