Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If HS's will is not located or does not even exist, will the "children" essentially divide BS's assets ?
If revealing details of that will could potentially put its recipients in extreme danger, does that mean the perps have the ability to harm anyone, anywhere in the world?
Iirc, the Sherman offspring live in varied areas of the globe, assuming garden-variety killers would have difficulty gaining access to them, who might that imply the suspected culprits might be?
Mafia of one flavour or another?
speculation, imo.

Only an example and not claimed to be suspected persons/families/something around:
He said he was told that Pat would be gone before Christmas – that “that would be one headache out of the way.” If googled, one would find an article with the sentence. Dec 2018.
He has a large extended family and a wide circle of friends in the city’s I*****n-Canadian community. He raises money for charity and donates turkeys to a local shelter at Christmas.
The connections could be everywhere and nowhere.

Sorry, the time limit for editing was exceeded.
Eli Rubenstein, the spiritual leader of Toronto’s Congregation Habonim who officiated at the Shermans’ funeral, told The CJN that the couple’s children are one of five families that have donated at least $1 million toward the rebuilding of the synagogue.

The Sherman children have also made a “major” donation to the March of the Living, of which Rubenstein is the executive director. The annual program takes North American Jewish students to the sites of former Nazi death camps in Poland.

Re bbm: Without a Will?

What the heck was wrong with these people? As my parents got older they made it quite clear that their wills were in a safety deposit box at their bank. Simple as that. We didn't have to know details or have access, just where they were. Seems to be beyond comprehension that this is even and issue.

From the CBC:

The lawyer also complained police took too long to interview some of the people who were in the home when the bodies were discovered.

Toronto police Chief Mark Saunders shot back, suggesting Greenspan is in no position to know what evidence police have collected.

"If you have an opinion on it, you're entitled to that opinion," Saunders said of Greenspan. "We don't deal with opinions. We deal with facts."

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4945270

Maybe there is no will because HS already distributed or spent the bulk of her stash?
What if for example, HS found out she had only x amount of time to live due to some health concern or another and had already spent her "play "money?
Possibly she already donated to the various charities, hospitals, schools and research centers she was interested in?
Given it out to her kids to help get them started with new marriages and babies and to support in-law businesses/endeavors ect?
Plunking the rest down to destruct, design and re-build the grand home of her dreams in Forest Hill, every conceivable bell and whistle included!

Hmmm, might have ticked off someone.
imo, speculation.

Maybe there is no will because HS already distributed or spent the bulk of her stash?
What if for example, HS found out she had only x amount of time to live due to some health concern or another and had already spent her "play "money?
Possibly she already donated to the various charities, hospitals, schools and research centers she was interested in?
Given it out to her kids to help get them started with new marriages and babies and to support in-law businesses/endeavors ect?
Plunking the rest down to destruct, design and re-build the grand home of her dreams in Forest Hill, every conceivable bell and whistle included!

Hmmm, might have ticked off someone.
imo, speculation.
I don't think it is humanly possible to spend the kind of money she had and have no remaining assets.

Maclean’s has published an excellent compressive summary of virtually everything that had entered the public realm regarding this case to date.

“A year has passed since Honey and Barry Sherman were found dead in their Toronto house on the deck of their indoor swimming pool, strangled, with belts looped around their necks. The horrific discovery of the high-profile billionaires, he the founder of generic drug giant Apotex, she a noted philanthropist, gave rise to international headlines, a battalion of armchair detectives, and one of this country’s most perplexing unsolved crimes....”
Barry and Honey Sherman: Duelling investigations, high drama and still no answers - Macleans.ca

Notice the final paragraph....
“Such shrouding of information is now the norm in a case many reflexively say will never be solved. Certainly, if you looked at the TPS website on the morning of December 13, it was as if the case never existed—or was not unsolved. It listed 32 unsolved 2017 homicides. Barry and Honey Sherman were nowhere to be found — until Maclean’scontacted the TPS to ask why the most talked about murder victims of 2017 were missing from the list. Hours later, the page was quietly updated. Barry and Honey Sherman are now at the top.”

Maclean’s has published an excellent compressive summary of virtually everything that had entered the public realm regarding this case to date.

“A year has passed since Honey and Barry Sherman were found dead in their Toronto house on the deck of their indoor swimming pool, strangled, with belts looped around their necks. The horrific discovery of the high-profile billionaires, he the founder of generic drug giant Apotex, she a noted philanthropist, gave rise to international headlines, a battalion of armchair detectives, and one of this country’s most perplexing unsolved crimes....”
Barry and Honey Sherman: Duelling investigations, high drama and still no answers - Macleans.ca

Notice the final paragraph....
“Such shrouding of information is now the norm in a case many reflexively say will never be solved. Certainly, if you looked at the TPS website on the morning of December 13, it was as if the case never existed—or was not unsolved. It listed 32 unsolved 2017 homicides. Barry and Honey Sherman were nowhere to be found — until Maclean’scontacted the TPS to ask why the most talked about murder victims of 2017 were missing from the list. Hours later, the page was quietly updated. Barry and Honey Sherman are now at the top.”
I guess Macleans is trolling these pages for info lol.

rbbm.
One year later: What we know about the Barry and Honey Sherman murders
"The Toronto Star’s Chief Investigative Reporter Kevin Donovan, who has been reporting on the case since the beginning, told CP24 he thinks the Toronto police investigation has been scaled back in recent months. He also said he thinks they’re nowhere close to catching the culprit or culprits.
“It’s sort of becoming what I think they call a bit of a cold case right now
,” he said on Thursday."
"In October, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders denied that his officers ever labelled the case a murder-suicide.

“We did not say that. And I want to be very clear on that,” he said".
"Toronto lawyer Brian Greenspan, who is representing the private team of investigators, has said the Shermans’ bodies were staged after their deaths in a “very deliberate manner.”

Anybody wonder if Barry didn't approve of some of the people Honey was leaving money to, so he destroyed her will?
Guessing that road runs both ways, coincidentally- last night FD'A's movie was on tv.
Sicilian Vampire (2015) - IMDb
"Equal parts Goodfellas (1990) and From Dusk Till Dawn (1996). Reputed mobster Sonny Trafficante was hoping to get away to the family hunting lodge for a little rest and relaxation and create some memories. Instead, what he got was a night he will never forget".

From the Macleans article...

if Honey died before her husband, his assets would be divided among his children, per his will; if she died after him, her estate would be arbitrated in court.
Thats what I said, but those that purport to know more than I claimed I was wrong. Hmm, who to believe?

A month later, the Toronto Sun reported a ramping down: several police officers heading the unsolved Sherman investigation had been promoted or are on a list to rise up the ranks. The Toronto Star has reported there is now only one-full time officer on the case.
I've said it before. TPS are not actively working this case.

By then, the family had obtained a two-year blanket seal order to keep private the progress of the Toronto police homicide probe to protect the “privacy and dignity” of the deceased couple and their loved ones.
Me thinks they are doing whatever possible to keep facts from the public.

The family was also supported by Toronto mayor John Tory, a Sherman family friend and member of the Toronto Police board, who communicated their dissatisfaction to the TPS.
So the mayor is telling the police chief that the family is not happy, despite the fact that none of them have seen the crime scene or any of the evidence of the case? No added pressure there.

“I have to be cognizant that the suspect or suspects are watching right now. I know that for a fact.” How he knew that for “a fact,” short of seeing the suspect or suspects in the audience in front of him, is unclear. TPS did not respond to Maclean’s request for clarification.
Such bullsh1t. How can read that and not know that he is lying to you?

Last edited:
Guessing that road runs both ways, coincidentally- last night FD'A's movie was on tv.
Sicilian Vampire (2015) - IMDb
"Equal parts Goodfellas (1990) and From Dusk Till Dawn (1996). Reputed mobster Sonny Trafficante was hoping to get away to the family hunting lodge for a little rest and relaxation and create some memories. Instead, what he got was a night he will never forget".
Hope it was better than the FDA flick I watched the other week. About a down on his luck comedian?

“The chief, who once headed the homicide division, appeared constrained. “Some things were disclosed today that, uh…” he said, before cutting himself off. Explaining his caution, he uttered a jaw-dropping statement: “I have to be cognizant that the suspect or suspects are watching right now. I know that for a fact.” How he knew that for “a fact,” short of seeing the suspect or suspects in the audience in front of him, is unclear. TPS did not respond to Maclean’s request for clarification......”
Barry and Honey Sherman: Duelling investigations, high drama and still no answers - Macleans.c
Interesting to contemplate though, why the sudden caution.

ETA
About @7:20. “I have to be cognizant that the suspect or suspects are NO DOUBT (emphasis) watching this right now. I know that for a fact”.

Last edited:
“The chief, who once headed the homicide division, appeared constrained. “Some things were disclosed today that, uh…” he said, before cutting himself off. Explaining his caution, he uttered a jaw-dropping statement: “I have to be cognizant that the suspect or suspects are watching right now. I know that for a fact.” How he knew that for “a fact,” short of seeing the suspect or suspects in the audience in front of him, is unclear. TPS did not respond to Maclean’s request for clarification......”

He was going to say something but decided to go with a BS line instead.

One detail widely circulated, that the Shermans’ winter coats had been pulled back behind them, thus immobilizing their arms, so clearly pointed to murder it was difficult to understand how anyone who had read Nancy Drew, let alone seasoned police officers, would have considered murder-suicide.

Yes, how indeed. What about this crime scene seemed to make investigators so quickly lean towards murder/suicide. Could it be that the scene was not as it is being described to us by team Greenspan?

Toronto Police are planning more search warrants in the Barry and Honey Sherman murder probe and may use “surreptitious or covert” techniques to find the killer or killers, according to police documents.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...ry-and-honey-sherman-murder-probe-police.html

ETA: LE profile of the Closs killers, the Sherman murderer(s) may be acting in a similar fashion:

• People may act differently shortly after committing a violent act. You may have observed such behaviors and not realized it at the time. We are asking you to think back to earlier this week and let us know if you’ve noticed any of the following:
    • Changes in Routine:
      • They will miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. They may either be a “no show” or they may offer a reasonable excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.
      • They may miss scheduled appointments. These appointments or commitments may include medical appointments, a regular responsibility to a friend or family member, like caring for an elderly relative.
      • They may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some reasonable explanation.
    • Changes in Normal Behavior:
      • There may be changes in their usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. This could be an increase or a decrease in drinking or drug use.
      • They may make a change in how they look or make it difficult to identify them, such as changing the look of their vehicle or selling or getting rid of their vehicle.
      • They may pay too much or too little attention to the progress of this investigation that seems out of the ordinary. They may try to find new information about the investigation or, they may quickly turn off the news and social media or try to redirect conversations about the victims or their families.
      • They may be anxious, nervous, or irritable. They may withdraw from normal activities. [3]

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

2nd ETA: I copied and pasted- sorry for the wall of text. I cannot reformat it : |

Last edited:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...ry-and-honey-sherman-murder-probe-police.html

ETA: LE profile of the Closs killers, the Sherman murderer(s) may be acting in a similar fashion:

• People may act differently shortly after committing a violent act. You may have observed such behaviors and not realized it at the time. We are asking you to think back to earlier this week and let us know if you’ve noticed any of the following:
    • Changes in Routine:
      • They will miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. They may either be a “no show” or they may offer a reasonable excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.
      • They may miss scheduled appointments. These appointments or commitments may include medical appointments, a regular responsibility to a friend or family member, like caring for an elderly relative.
      • They may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some reasonable explanation.
    • Changes in Normal Behavior:
      • There may be changes in their usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. This could be an increase or a decrease in drinking or drug use.
      • They may make a change in how they look or make it difficult to identify them, such as changing the look of their vehicle or selling or getting rid of their vehicle.
      • They may pay too much or too little attention to the progress of this investigation that seems out of the ordinary. They may try to find new information about the investigation or, they may quickly turn off the news and social media or try to redirect conversations about the victims or their families.
      • They may be anxious, nervous, or irritable. They may withdraw from normal activities. [3]

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

2nd ETA: I copied and pasted- sorry for the wall of text. I cannot reformat it : |

I recall reading one of Ann Rule’s books, and the way in which LE notice psychopaths act differently because they become closely drawn to the crimes they commit. She was referring to Ted Bundy and explained some of his antics in detail. Depending on the profile of the suspected killer, Police Chief Saunders may have been referring to that as well.

“Ordinary lawbreakers will avoid the police and not volunteer to help them solve crimes. On the other hand, psychopaths often see their criminal activities as a game between themselves and the police and are often detected in this way. For example, journalist Ann Rule (1986) wrote about Ted Bundy: “His cunning jousts with police were always akin to Dungeons and Dragons, and he so delighted in outwitting them, watching them scurry around to do what he considered his bidding.”
Helpful Hints: Psychopathic Behavior - PoliceLink

the things to look for with an unknown killer are always the same. I have read this same description many times on here with unknown killers.

With the invention of the car and the freeway system, killers come from far away sometime so a killer may not be noticed to be connected if he lives far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix