Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be obvious there's a stigma attached to the house because of the murders, and it's not worth anything itself and would be demolished by the next owner.
I don’t think anyone but the family would demolish it. It’s a great place, and there would be a ton of people that would buy it for the right price.

I don’t think anyone but the family would demolish it. It’s a great place, and there would be a ton of people that would buy it for the right price.

The wealthy are always buying houses and demolishing them and building something to their taste.

That house is so dated. And the pool area is so ugly

The wealthy are always buying houses and demolishing them and building something to their taste.

That house is so dated. And the pool area is so ugly

I recall reading a local opinion at the onset of this case that the $6.7 million asking price was primarily lot value as if it was anticipated the home could be town down. Noticing other opulent homes on the market in the same area valued at over $10 million, I agree the home was dated and not a selling feature to a wealthy buyer.

Now the family has the right to do with it whatever they wish. No doubt they’d be faced with criticism regardless of their decision.

I think if you can afford a 7 million dollar home, you’ll choose one that didn’t have two brutal deaths that took place within the walls, in my opinion.

They could cut off the pool area and rebuild it, I guess. But forever the deaths would be part of discussing the home.

Would you want to be in that basement alone at night?

In the ‘50s a young woman who lived in a neighboring home I owned years ago went missing and is presumed deceased.(Marion McDowell). One of Toronto’s oldest mysteries: The unsolved disappearance of Marion McDowell | The Star

People still link her to the home, and wonder if her body might turn up if neighbouring homes or businesses are demolished. An old woman on a scooter would keep returning to the home, next to mine, and would just sit and stare. I imagined she knew Marion. Most seniors in the neighbourhood still talked about her, and wondered.

( I hope you are found one day, Marion.)

I think if you can afford a 7 million dollar home, you’ll choose one that didn’t have two brutal deaths that took place within the walls, in my opinion.

They could cut off the pool area and rebuild it, I guess. But forever the deaths would be part of discussing the home.

In the ‘50s a young woman who lived in a neighboring home I owned years ago went missing and is presumed deceased.(Marion McDowell). One of Toronto’s oldest mysteries: The unsolved disappearance of Marion McDowell | The Star

People still link her to the home, and wonder if her body might turn up if neighbouring homes or businesses are demolished. An old woman on a scooter would keep returning to the home, next to mine, and would just sit and stare. I imagined she knew Marion. Most seniors in the neighbourhood still talked about her, and wondered.

O/t Decided to start thread, thanks for link.
CANADA - Marion Joan McDowell,17,Toronto (Scarborough) 6 December 1953

Thanks for posting this, and letting us know of the interesting cold case!

So what kind of person like that would have knowledge of how to hire an assassin from the Russian mafia?
People Like Barry tend to run with people in the same social circle. Whoever did this was probably wealthy, maybe not as wealthy as Barry, but wealthy. Those type of people aren't going to try and hire a killer at a local bar. They will use their connections to find someone that is untraceable.

I think the point of the Maclean’s article is to say we really don’t know anything much at all.
Not getting what you mean? They wrote an article with the key point being that we don't know anything? Why do you think that is Misty? Why is this case so different?

The world consists of different types of people. Many will react as you've described, and the home will obviously become harder to sell. However, there are many people who think much more logically about things and only care about one thing, how the price per square foot compares to the neighbourhood average.

Let's not forget that Nicole Simpson's condo sold and Jonbenet Ramsey's house sold. Plenty of people would buy that house tomorrow if the price were right. For some reason the Family doesn't want anybody to live there, and although i think that is stupid thinking, I do understand it.

Not getting what you mean? They wrote an article with the key point being that we don't know anything? Why do you think that is Misty? Why is this case so different?

The topic is the Maclean’s article. Nothing is different about this unsolved case - police don’t share evidence with the public. I’m not sure why you think that’s unusual.

“The fluke disclosure is a reminder that the Toronto Police Service has more evidence than the public knows—and also that the police don’t share evidence with the public....”
A new, hidden clue in Barry and Honey Shermans' vanishing murder case - Macleans.ca

The world consists of different types of people. Many will react as you've described, and the home will obviously become harder to sell. However, there are many people who think much more logically about things and only care about one thing, how the price per square foot compares to the neighbourhood average.

Let's not forget that Nicole Simpson's condo sold and Jonbenet Ramsey's house sold. Plenty of people would buy that house tomorrow if the price were right. For some reason the Family doesn't want anybody to live there, and although i think that is stupid thinking, I do understand it.

@rickcross
Slightly OT question. I notice your moniker is a same name as a character from the ‘90s Murder One series.

Is there any connection between discussion of this unsolved murder case, your moniker and the recent news of possible survelliance video of a man entering the Sherman home?

Richard CrossEdit
(Stanley Tucci). A millionaire businessman, a longtime acquaintance of Ted's, and the first man arrested for Jessica Costello's murder. The charges are quickly dismissed after Cross produces an alibi and he later bankrolled Neil Avedon's defense, claiming him to be a friend. As time passes, however, Ted becomes convinced that Cross is manipulating events and may be part of a conspiracy to frame Neil for the murder. Cross was a notorious philanderer and was eventually found to be HIV positive. Once he could no longer safely engage in sex with others, he would set up Jessica and her sister Julie with men, then obtain sexual gratification by having them describe the encounters in graphic detail.
List of Murder One characters - Wikipedia

“Stanley Tucci as Richard Cross, a silky-smooth philandering philanthropist who becomes the cops’ primary murder suspect after surveillance cameras show him leaving the victim’s building on the night of her death.”
Steven Bochco's legacy: An ode to 'Murder One'

@rickcross
Slightly OT question. I notice your moniker is a same name as a character from the ‘90s Murder One series.

Is there any connection between discussion of this unsolved murder case, your moniker and the recent news of possible survelliance video of a man entering the Sherman home?

Richard CrossEdit
(Stanley Tucci). A millionaire businessman, a longtime acquaintance of Ted's, and the first man arrested for Jessica Costello's murder. The charges are quickly dismissed after Cross produces an alibi and he later bankrolled Neil Avedon's defense, claiming him to be a friend. As time passes, however, Ted becomes convinced that Cross is manipulating events and may be part of a conspiracy to frame Neil for the murder. Cross was a notorious philanderer and was eventually found to be HIV positive. Once he could no longer safely engage in sex with others, he would set up Jessica and her sister Julie with men, then obtain sexual gratification by having them describe the encounters in graphic detail.
List of Murder One characters - Wikipedia

“Stanley Tucci as Richard Cross, a silky-smooth philandering philanthropist who becomes the cops’ primary murder suspect after surveillance cameras show him leaving the victim’s building on the night of her death.”
Steven Bochco's legacy: An ode to 'Murder One'
Nope, its just my name lol.

The topic is the Maclean’s article. Nothing is different about this unsolved case - police don’t share evidence with the public. I’m not sure why you think that’s unusual.

“The fluke disclosure is a reminder that the Toronto Police Service has more evidence than the public knows—and also that the police don’t share evidence with the public....”
A new, hidden clue in Barry and Honey Shermans' vanishing murder case - Macleans.ca

I am interested in the fluke disclosure though. Somebody posted that the Globe had actually published this story a week or so ago, but pulled it when they discovered that the actual event didn't happen on the 14th, but a week before that. Has that been confirmed? If the Globe pulled the story, how can we confirm it? Does anybody have more details about this?

Lol, I'm certainly not a notorious philanderer or HIV positive.

Don’t suppose you know Kerry Winter? He wrote here of the existence of a m/s tape several times, audio and video which he believed was provided to CBC. Then you come along, same name as the character who produces the murder tape in a TV series. What an amazing coincidence.

MURDER ONE' ENDS DISAPPOINTINGLY WITH MURDERER OUT OF THE MIX

“......If you missed it, a dying Richard Cross (Stanley Tucci) helped free convicted murderer Neil Avedon (Jason Gedrick) by validating the authenticity of a videotape that showed cocaine dealer Roberto Portalegre killing 15-year-old Jessica Costello....

.......Miriam Grasso, the assistant district attorney played by producer Steven Bochco's wife, Barbara Bosson, spoke for many of us Tuesday during a meeting in the judge's office about the belated discovery of the murder tape.

“The spectacular timing of it all," said Grasso. "Now this tape shows up. Where was this bombshell during the trial?".....
'MURDER ONE' ENDS DISAPPOINTINGLY WITH MURDERER OUT OF THE MIX

Why? They have more money than you can imagine. They do not need money nor do they want a ghoulish reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member