CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people known to Barry and Honey Sherman are about 5'6" to 5'9"? How many of those carried murderous grudges? How many weigh about what this person did? Surely weight can be estimated using the same metrics police applied to determine height.

But conversely there is absolutely no indication that BS OR hS knew this person.

How many people known to Barry and Honey Sherman are about 5'6" to 5'9"? How many of those carried murderous grudges? How many weigh about what this person did? Surely weight can be estimated using the same metrics police applied to determine height.

But conversely there is absolutely no indication that BS OR hS knew this person.

From the Star article today. What is shocking to me is that it took Gomes 5 weeks after the murders to order a canvassing of neighbours for videos. Yes 5 weeks!. It seems to me this certainly lends credence to the widely held belief to that police were focussed on M/S for all that time, and lost valuable time at the start of the investifpgation.

“….Five weeks later, on Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, the officer leading the Sherman investigation ordered an “investigative canvass” of the Sherman neighbourhood, though some video had already been collected. Det. Sgt. Susan Gomes asked officers to go door to door, gathering video, the new documents reveal. The day before, the Star published a front-page story describing how a top pathologist hired by the Sherman family had concluded it was a case of double murder — not murder-suicide as the police appeared to believe. It was that story that prompted police to interview the Sherman pathologist and determine that it was a double murder…”

What doesn't make sense about the neurological damage theory is the way the night walker swings his arms. If he had neurologic damage on his right side, why does his swing his right arm vigorously while restricting movement in his left arm? To me, this indicates more of a Putin thing. Putin has no problems with his hands and arms on either side, despite his peculiar gait. (Nor do any of the other Russian officials who adopt this gait have evidence of neurological problems.) Researchers looked for evidence of neurological disorders with Putin, and found none over an extended period of time.

It could be lower body or leg nerve damage on that right side.

At the end, by the bushes, he’s moving his left hand and slightly swinging his arm. His hand seems empty, but he may be holding something with his arm close to his chest, imo.

Stills from video below, left hand. I see a gloved hand.
E0E78378-945E-447F-B8FD-4FE98E1EA08B.jpeg 8CA1371F-B619-4C52-91B4-D74184F8DDDC.jpeg

''The Night Walker: Kevin Donovan on the suspect in the Sherman murders''
Dec 20, 2021
Video of suspect released by Toronto police in Sherman double murder case
rbbm.Dec 14 2021
''Detective Sergeant Brandon Price stated that the footage is being released because police have “exhausted” other avenues of identification.

“We’ve conducted numerous canvasses of the neighbourhood to identify individuals on the videos,” said Price. “We have been able to eliminate the vast majority of people captured on the video. We are left with one individual whom we have been unable to identify.”

To be clear, this release is in no way an indication of a conclusion to this investigation. From the beginning, this has been a multifaceted investigation, and we will continue to work on various other avenues of investigation that we have undertaken and keep an open mind to new ones.”
From the Star article today. What is shocking to me is that it took Gomes 5 weeks after the murders to order a canvassing of neighbours for videos. Yes 5 weeks!. It seems to me this certainly lends credence to the widely held belief to that police were focussed on M/S for all that time, and lost valuable time at the start of the investifpgation.

“….Five weeks later, on Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, the officer leading the Sherman investigation ordered an “investigative canvass” of the Sherman neighbourhood, though some video had already been collected. Det. Sgt. Susan Gomes asked officers to go door to door, gathering video, the new documents reveal. The day before, the Star published a front-page story describing how a top pathologist hired by the Sherman family had concluded it was a case of double murder — not murder-suicide as the police appeared to believe. It was that story that prompted police to interview the Sherman pathologist and determine that it was a double murder…”

Tied into your point, in the video dotr posted above at the 13:00 minute mark,
Donovan said the private investigators didn’t share that information about the second autopsies with police. A source told Donovan and that story came out weeks later.

Why didn’t the private investigators tell the Toronto police the results of the second autopsies?

Maybe they wanted to get a jump start on a "proper" investigation?? With holding that info kept the police out of the way temporarily? IDK....just my thoughts...

Donovan said the private investigators didn’t share that information about the second autopsies with police. A source told Donovan and that story came out weeks later.

Why didn’t the private investigators tell the Toronto police the results of the second autopsies?
But weren't the two pathologists working together? After all, the initial pathologist had removed all the relevant organs and tissues, including the skin from the wrists. IMO, the private investigators would not be able to force the professional pathogist from discussing his findings with his colleague, that's how they work: together in a team, not on competing teams.

IMO, everything KD says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. TPS has never shared the details of the investigation with him, yet he is always leaping to assumptions based on the few details people outside the investigation tell him.

The police were invited to attend the second autopsies and declined the invitation. My question is why did they not show up, or ask what the results were from Dr. Pickup who was at the autopsies?

The Toronto police have a billion dollar budget and can't even do simple tasks

The police were invited to attend the second autopsies and declined the invitation. My question is why did they not show up, or ask what the results were from Dr. Pickup who was at the autopsies?

The police are not medical professionals, they work together with the Provincial Coroner’s Office who is tasked with determining the cause and manner of death. Autopsy results are not merely shared verbally, as it’s the official autopsy report that is subpoenaed and then form an important part of a complete investigative file, which will go on to presumably support charges when a production takes place. The role of TPS is to investigate a murder case to determine who’s responsible, not to participate in autopsies and decide if a murder occurred.

Since the perp now knows that the public is looking out for him, will he/she change anything about their appearance, or have they already done that since the murders?
Are they sitting at the breakfast table, looking at all the front page pics of themselves, and checking out crime forums..:eek: from some sunny faraway land, or is he still prowling the icy Toronto streets by night, on call?
Are they afraid of getting recognized, or laughing because they know they will not be identified?
Did they achieve whatever the murders were meant to accomplish, or that was it, simply death for B&H?
rbbm. imo, speculation.

Toronto's top cop urges public tips in unsolved Sherman murder case | Toronto Sun
''Toronto’s police chief is urging anyone to come forward if they have information about the mysterious person seen on new video footage released on Dec. 14 by homicide investigators looking into the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman.

The unidentifiable person has officially been deemed a suspect in the murders of the billionaires — four years after the investigation began.

“There is still a lot of work that is being put into it but we were at a stage quite frankly we were trying to identify this individual by a lot of means. So now we have put it out to the public,” Ramer said.

“And now that individual knows that we have put that info out to the public. So we waited this long because we needed the public’s help.”

It could be lower body or leg nerve damage on that right side.

At the end, by the bushes, he’s moving his left hand and slightly swinging his arm. His hand seems empty, but he may be holding something with his arm close to his chest, imo.

Stills from video below, left hand. I see a gloved hand.
View attachment 327079 View attachment 327080

His left arm does move. His right arm moves a lot more. Did he have a holster on his left side? Putin moves his non-dominant arm much more than his dominant arm, too.

I myself have a tilted pelvis and thus my one leg is approx 1/4 cm shorter than the other leg, I "wander slowly" to my right as I walk, my left toe stubs and trips often and I cannot help it, I do not walk straight. My husband picked me out walking along a beach in an old family video, said he knew my walk - he describes my walk as "getting your land legs after a 7-day cruise", an unbalanced uneven gait.

I've also read that that specific gait could be the result of a runner always running the same way around an oval track. They are advised to switch it up so their gait isn't affected on a straight run.

I remember as a kid going roller skating at a rink. Everybody skated counter clockwise round the rink. However, the DJ who played the music would request a reverse direction every now and then. It was pretty comical to see how many people couldn't skate the opposite way, at least not as smoothly as the traditional direction.

But weren't the two pathologists working together? After all, the initial pathologist had removed all the relevant organs and tissues, including the skin from the wrists. IMO, the private investigators would not be able to force the professional pathogist from discussing his findings with his colleague, that's how they work: together in a team, not on competing teams.

IMO, everything KD says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. TPS has never shared the details of the investigation with him, yet he is always leaping to assumptions based on the few details people outside the investigation tell him.

In fairness, KD may in fact have reliable and informed sources inside the investigation.....

Regarding footwear— did the killer leave footprints inside?

A quote from an older article, bbm:

“The real estate agent confirmed that it was "at least a week or two" after police first started investigating the homicides before they reached out to him and his clients.

The agent says he was interviewed at a local police division and agreed to provide investigators with the shoes he was wearing when he was inside the Sherman home.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/shermans-murder-investigator-toronto-1.4878887

If the killer had an issue with his right foot, coming down hard on his right heel or ‘dropping’ the foot, his footwear may have wear marks that indicate this, and his shoe or boot prints might be unique. Source: Page 4 of this article https://stidhamreconstruction.com/w...-Guide-To-Footwear-Tire-Track-Examination.pdf

Look at the bottom of your own shoes and compare them, you may see the same wear pattern in most of your shoes or boots.

so i read both toronto star articles.......... or were there more than that recently?

got them mostly from beating paywalls (there are a few news sites with the stories, and one doesn't seem to have paywall)............ and i did get access to them later through other means.

anyway, nothing too new..... quite a bit of color on HS relationship with kids (JS in particular) and their significant others. things sounded fine.. more background on family. apparently HS and BS were shouters and swearers but nothing worse than that.

interesting that some MD's emailed Donovan and said that distinctive gait may be due to neurological damage. makes me less likely to think they are involved ........... very very strange that that suspect seemed to walk a long way (1-2 miles) to and from exactly to Sherman's house and spent a bunch of time off-camera there (perhaps something else right in that exact area was the object of their actions)

it's been commented on before... but JS with the time/hand stamp for time/day of murder... how many days does he have these time stamps for?... seems like "doth protest too much" to me. but who knows?
I would love to know if JS has ever had his hand time stamped before or after the night of the murder, and how the cryptocurrency trading is going these days, or has he retired from that.

Regarding footwear— did the killer leave footprints inside?

A quote from an older article, bbm:

“The real estate agent confirmed that it was "at least a week or two" after police first started investigating the homicides before they reached out to him and his clients.

The agent says he was interviewed at a local police division and agreed to provide investigators with the shoes he was wearing when he was inside the Sherman home.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/shermans-murder-investigator-toronto-1.4878887

If the killer had an issue with his right foot, coming down hard on his right heel or ‘dropping’ the foot, his footwear may have wear marks that indicate this, and his shoe or boot prints might be unique. Source: Page 4 of this article https://stidhamreconstruction.com/w...-Guide-To-Footwear-Tire-Track-Examination.pdf

Look at the bottom of your own shoes and compare them, you may see the same wear pattern in most of your shoes or boots.

Still waiting to see how that boot print will work out in the murder of Sonia Varaschin. It's been 11.5 years now, so it's a good thing nobody held their breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB