Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are the names of the lamdscape and the house architect in this interesting article.

I only looked at the info about the house architect.

Where is that located in relationship to their present home?

https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Toronto/Villa-Villa-Architect-Inc/6645683.html

If I recall correctly, someone here mentioned the two homes were located only about 15 minutes apart but I can't attest to that information being factual.

And I neglected to mention the builder and addy of the "may be hacked" website are what's shown in the photo at the very top of the Star article.

haha. It was just bugging me as to who Klatt reminded me of.. I'm terrible terrible, the worst ever, with names.. so.. was looking for some help.. this isn't who I was thinking of, I don't think.. but.. he's close too.. I'm not sleuthing him.. just wondering who he reminds me of.

Hi Deugirtni,

His photo reminds me of someone too - an actor - but I can't think of whom.

Gene Hackman?

Gene Hackman.jpg

If I recall correctly, someone here mentioned the two homes were located only about 15 minutes apart but I can't attest to that information being factual.

And I neglected to mention the builder and addy of the "may be hacked" website are what's shown in the photo at the very top of the Star article.

RBBM

The website opened just fine for me.

http://jfbrennan.net/

I was wondering as well as to how long it would take to sell the house. I do not know the neighborhood. Would the lot appeal to someone with enough money to tear it down?
It certainly might appeal to someone..
http://www.cbc.ca/life/home/drake-s-new-toronto-mansion-will-be-the-best-he-ever-had-1.3996676
Drake's new Toronto mansion will be the best he ever had

Kyle Richmond · CBC Life · September 4, 2017

drake-s-house.jpg
drake-s-house.jpg

(Drake/Instagram)Drake's movin' on up to Toronto's North-East side.
Drizzy recently purchased a 6.7 million piece of land in Toronto's exclusive Bridle Path area. The land at 21 Park Lane Circle once housed a bungalow which was demolished to make way for Drake's lavish mansion.
Drake is in good company - the Bridle Path has housed such celebrity residents including Prince, Robert Herjavec, Conrad Black and was even the home of Canadian Idol contestants while the show was airing in the early 2000s.

Hmmm, drones. Wonder if any had been spotted around the Sherman home?
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/drake-toronto-mansion-video
[h=1]Drake's 40,000-Square-Foot Mansion in Toronto Is Captured by Drone Video[/h]The view from above is even more insane than from ground level

Text by Avery Matera

Posted March 22, 2017

Drake is celebrating his latest release, More Life, with quite the gift to himself. He will be moving into a massive 40,000-square-foot home in the Bridle Path area of his hometown, Toronto. This won't just any mansion, though—it will be 100 percent custom, built from the ground up. The Globe and Mail
reports that Drake is “applying for exemptions to zoning bylaws to construct a dream home complete with a basketball court and a pool in the basement and a covered terrace for a hot tub on the roof.” And that’s only the beginning.The publication also lists a spa, massage room, screening room, and gym among the private residence’s amenities. The property that Drake is building on was purchased in September for $6.7 million, with a home that has since been torn down to make room for this incredible estate.

Though the house is nowhere near completion, architectural designer Ferris Rafauli has shared his progress with the world by way of a gorgeous drone video on Instagram. The caption reads: “Congratulations More Life ��,” using the flower emoji Drake has been using to promote his musical project. The video shows an aerial view of the home’s wooden construction, while also splicing in some shots of Rafauli himself with what appear to be blueprints.

Well this is Canada, not Australia. People, including Billionaires, leave their doors open all the time.

That's a very broad generalization to make. Maybe so in the 70s or 80s but property crimes driven by drug fuelled criminals have become so common in Canada that the media no longer bothers to report them all. I'm not going to believe that anyone, whether poor or wealthy, isn't fully aware that basic home security involves locking doors. Particularly anyone living in a 12,000 sq ft house where stranger entrances and exits would very likely go totally unseen.

That's a very broad generalization to make. Maybe so in the 70s or 80s but property crimes driven by drug fuelled criminals have become so common in Canada that the media no longer bothers to report them all. I'm not going to believe that anyone, whether poor or wealthy, isn't fully aware that basic home security involves locking doors. Particularly anyone living in a 12,000 sq ft house where stranger entrances and exits would very likely go totally unseen.

In my opinion, it's a personal thing. Some people don't lock their doors. Most of them likely do these days but there are people who don't - either in the U.S. or in Canada.

I never used to lock all of my doors. My parents never locked the house doors unless they went out so perhaps it's something I was accustomed to doing - not locking doors.

Yeah its dumb....but ask around. Most Canadians are still living open doored. Also, BS and HS are old, so possible they still live that lifestyle. Money and fame makes people feel invincible.

I was wondering about the architect office as it was said in an article, although we have no idea if it was true, that they had a meeting with the architect Weds night. It could have been a landscape archtitect as well, but do not think so at this point.

I was wondering where it is in relationship to their home

In my opinion, it's a personal thing. Some people don't lock their doors. Most of them likely do these days but there are people who don't - either in the U.S. or in Canada.

I never used to lock all of my doors. My parents never locked the house doors unless they went out so perhaps it's something I was accustomed to doing - not locking doors.

Locks only keep honest people out!

SCENARIO I
Somebody knocks on your door dressed as a utility worker wearing an ID badge.
You open the door to speak to them, they pull a gun and force you to let them in. No sign of Forced Entry!

Yes that's possible. But then again, if it were me, in that case I'd move prior to the listing of my home. The inconvenience of residing in a listed home imo is something to avod if at all possible. Which makes me wonder if they indeed had moved and if so, what brought them back there on that fatal day.

JMO
I have wondered that too. To me the house looked "empty", not just staged. For instance I couldn't help but notice the quality of the bedding. I know they were frugal but the bedding looked like it came out of a rag bag. Even the bedding in the master bedroom looked cheap and the bed wasn't well made. You would think they would have made a better presentation for the real estate photos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah its dumb....but ask around. Most Canadians are still living open doored. Also, BS and HS are old, so possible they still live that lifestyle. Money and fame makes people feel invincible.

Possible, however LE's early comment about no forced entry would seem totally redundant in a home with a known open door policy.

I have wondered that too. To me the house looked "empty", not just staged. For instance I couldn't help but notice the quality of the bedding. I know they were frugal but the bedding looked like it came out of a rag bag. Even the bedding in the master bedroom looked cheap and the bed wasn't well made. You would think they would have made a better presentation for the real estate photos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for expressing my opinion. Well said! Beyond staging, the home appeared as if it was emptied and was unlived in to me as well.

So do you think whoever said their door was left open all the time was lying?

How can anyone say whoever was truthful, exaggerating or outright lying given we don't know whoever said it nor their relationship to the Shermans? Every high profile case has its share of unnamed sources, never to be heard from ever again.

I was wondering about the architect office as it was said in an article, although we have no idea if it was true, that they had a meeting with the architect Weds night. It could have been a landscape archtitect as well, but do not think so at this point.

I was wondering where it is in relationship to their home

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Google maps indicates the architect's office is about 1/2 hour away from the home in light traffic, although I suppose if the meeting took place it's possible they could've met the architect elsewhere or even at the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley