CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this has been posted here yet—KD on The Social
So what 5 countries do sleuths here think are involved, and what do you speculate TPS are looking for? I would guess, Canada, Japan, Israel, USA ( maybe Florida where BS and HS had a condo), and another country that has secret off shore bank accounts. They are likely trying to find some kind of money trail, or possibly looking at phone records, computer use, travel records, and GPS in cars, maybe even GPS in expensive watches, or other tech items, that would reveal connections between different individuals.
I have wondered about the secret surrogate mothers of 3 of the 4 Sherman children, fathered by BS. Could they, or some of their families be involved? What countries do they live in? Now that both BS and HS are dead, might some of the children want to connect with the other side of their blood families, or could they have made contact even before the murders? I would think the desire to at least satisfy curiosity, and meet your biological mother, and maybe other relatives could be quite strong. Going down another rabbit hole, I know, but it is a very complicated case, and it might be good to know if there were connections. I hope TPS has looked into this. IMO

So what 5 countries do sleuths here think are involved, and what do you speculate TPS are looking for?
They did mention what countries they are seeking info from. I can't recall off the top of my head. KD said they are trying to link a source of funds from one of them countries to someone here in Canada. I'll try to find the article on this

Edit: Maybe they didn't mention the 5 countries.....I may have that mixed up with speculation here on this thread....Dotr or Lexiintoronto may be able to help with this.

Last edited:
They did mention what countries they are seeking info from. I can't recall off the top of my head. KD said they are trying to link a source of funds from one of them countries to someone here in Canada. I'll try to find the article on this

KD wrote something similar in his May 15th Q & A:
844755B3-86DF-4C8F-B3ED-3A95A01A3BAD.pngD721BBE4-4C66-43AA-B356-61DCA7268C4A.png
The police have part of what they’re looking for, which is hopefully good news. They’d have to have a name or names in order to request the information, imo.

Edit: Maybe they didn't mention the 5 countries.....I may have that mixed up with speculation here on this thread....Dotr or Lexiintoronto may be able to help with this.
In one of the Star’s Q&A, KD speculated about possible countries. One he listed/theorized about was Portugal. I found this surprising, and then interesting, because I believe a senior colleague at Green Storage may be Portuguese. This is total speculation; possibly zero connection to that person; MOO.

Just to respond to your edit, I remember KD recently mentioned Portugal as a possibility, but he didn’t explain why.
Apparently the 5 countries have treaty agreements with Canada:

“He (Detective Yim) revealed that the domestic investigation — banking and cellular telephone records, and looking at the whereabouts and alibis of certain people at the time of the murders — has caused them to begin looking overseas for information. It’s a complicated process, with a lot of international red tape, and it may take years.

To date, police have prepared requests for two separate countries by way of treaty agreements with Canada. Yim refused to identify the countries, except to say they are among the 34 countries that have a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) to share information with Canada relating to criminal probes. The countries are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, South Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay. Canada has a similar treaty with a 35th jurisdiction, Hong Kong, but that sharing agreement is currently “suspended,” according to federal officials.”

(Paywalled): Barry and Honey Sherman homicide detectives seek information in 5 countries

I am puzzled by this arena. I could understand it if they were huge hockey fans but the only one that seems into hockey is JS.

The reference to Portugal was in KD’s final Q&A:

Tom23 MAY 2023

Kevin, one of the more intriguing details you have reported from the Police investigation is that they are currently awaiting financial transaction details from 5 countries. Can you give us your guess as to which 5 territories may be involved? Surely Israel is one of them, but do you think the list also includes tax havens such as the Cayman Islands?

KevinM23 MAY 2023
Reply to Tom
Tom, I honestly don't know. Israel, the US, Portugal, various southern tax shelter companies, all names of countries that have been bandied about.

Wondering if any of the people KD informed about that visit to JS, followed him there perhaps without his knowledge? speculation.
Perhaps, but not sure why except to protect KD? It’s a very long drive into JS house off the road. And KD said JS had cameras so he would see anyone following.
I know where JS lives, I pass it on my commute to work. it would be pretty isolated once you are off the main road. But to be clear, I have never driven up his driveway.

I am puzzled by this arena. I could understand it if they were huge hockey fans but the only one that seems into hockey is JS.
Well, it‘s JS money now, to do with as he pleases and support causes he is interested in. So I think it’s good he is donating some to build a community arena and sports centre.

Lengthy article.​

1688087215978.png
1688087243420.png
Jonathon Sherman, son of the late Honey and Barry Sherman, in an undated photo. (Submitted photo)
''Construction of the arena began in early June on the community’s northern Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Jewish Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street.

The architectural plans call for two NHL-sized rinks, dressing rooms, stands for fans, a heated area for parents to view the action and a concession stand. The arena will be attached to the existing Jewish campus, which already houses the Schwartz/Reisman JCC, Jewish schools, synagogues, a banquet hall, medical offices, community agencies and a home for special needs adults.

It will also be the first and only hockey arena in North America owned by a Jewish community, specifically the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.''
1688087360583.png
Artist rendition of the new hockey arena showing one of two NHL-sized ice pads, and seating and a heated area for fans to watch in comfort. (Architecture49 and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto photo)

JS has security cameras on his property; KD noticed them on the drive in, and people who are his private body guards doing regular checks, as was stated in KD's article, but others concerned about KD could have waited in the area, near the private road going into JS's large wooded property, just to make sure he left safely. IMO
JS is surely aware that KD suspects him and that he told the TS where he’d be. He was probably quite safe. I’m sure the main function of the security team is less to protect JS from physical harm than it is to beat back media and law enforcement scrutiny. My guess would be that the search in other countries is for compensation for the killers.

"The Honey and Barry Sherman Memorial Arena will feature two NHL-size hockey rinks at the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Jewish Campus on Bathurst Street in Vaughan. Connected to the existing Schwartz/Reisman Centre, it will be owned by the UJA Federation. Construction began several weeks ago with an estimated completion date of 2025. It will not bear the younger Sherman’s name, though he is making the charitable donation."

"Jonathon originally wanted the Sherman family charities, controlled by his sister Alexandra, to fund the arena complex. He and several of his business partners in a company called Harlo Capital floated the idea in 2019, but Alexandra rebuffed them, saying she did not believe that building a “premium” hockey rink fell in line with her parent’s charitable goals."

"Neither Alexandra or her sisters Lauren and Kaelen are involved in the project and have not donated money toward the rink complex."

I find the timing interesting.
He has sudden urge to be generous.
In fairness, he has spoken about building it for several years now, using family funds that were earmarked for charitable giving. Now he is using his own money I guess. I’m not sure what makes the timing funny now, the case hasn’t changed much in several years, at least as far as we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname