CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent posts seem to imply the staging of the bodies, was meant to be an insult to the deceased and their common Jewish heritage and faith. If this in fact true, the perpetrator(s) has some deep seated and long term issues.

Was the staging intended to be a mockery of the Jewish faith and it's faithful? The next question is, who really was uncomfortable with Honey and Barry's faith. (Yes I know Barry was a self-described atheist, however he did not actively reject his Jewish faith or culture).

Occasionally those who despise a religion most, are people who were brought up in that religion, they may have had some negative experience/guilt/rejection by the faith early in life.
It would have had to have been someone who was familiar with what were some Jewish religious taboos.

Photos, yes, but who's to say they didn't already have the same photos? As far as their furniture and other possessions, people have said most of it was old and not high end. If it was my parents' house and they were brutally murdered in their home, I might have felt the need to get what I wanted and then had it leveled. I don't think I would have wanted to spend any time there going through their personal possessions. My parents died decades apart and it was really hard going through their things but we had to, so as much as the thrifty part of me wishes they would have opened up to charity and donated things, especially kitchen appliances that could have been reused, I get it.

I believe he and the police both believe JS is involved. I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet but after reading the book, listening to his podcast, reading his replies on the q and a, everything points to KD thinking JS is involved. Having said that, the cops are very tight lipped. But I also think that ending the documentary, focusing on JS, that says a lot about KD's thinking.
In the hallway during a break, Scrutton, Yim, and I talked about our kids, mine in university, theirs in elementary school. They even kibitzed about learning that Jonathon Sherman owned a big storage company in the east end of Toronto, which struck me as a non sequitur and about which they provided no more explanation.

Donovan, Kevin. The Billionaire Murders (p. 245). Penguin Canada. Kindle Edition.

th

The only thoughts I can come up with is that the family did not want anyone outside of family to have these mementoes, items, they wanted to bury them so no one could get to them.

To avoid situations like walking by an antique shop and seeing all of your parents personal items.

The home had professionals go through to stage it, the home was decluttered, possibly what was left would cost more money to remove and donate than it would to just demolish it all.
The real estate staging and their body staging could they be related since their house was for sale?

have they lied ?

The letter, written by an unnamed agent on the family's behalf, said the home had stood vacant since the couple's bodies were found dead beside the house pool in December 2017, and no one would buy the residence.

Toronto home where Barry, Honey Sherman were killed to be demolished - BNN Bloomberg

cause just two month earlier
this was reported

Even in high-profile cases, there are some people who aren't deterred, said Barry Cohen, a Toronto-based luxury property realtor.
The unsolved murders of Apotex Inc. founder Barry Sherman and his wife Honey at their mansion in northern Toronto has not hurt the sale prospects for nearby homes that he is representing, as most see it as an isolated incident and not a reflection of the neighbourhood, Cohen said.
As well, while the Shermans' home is not currently on the market, Cohen said there is buyer interest.
"The client would buy it as is."

Murder houses a tough sell, but a home's dark past can stay hidden - BNN Bloomberg

so it was never put on the market anyway..and there was someone who wanted all of it
but the plea for demolition contain the opposite of this
and if anyone was in doubt.. its nothing that money wont solve

From article, thank you..
rbbm
''So, okay, let’s run with that. Do these hitman theorists imagine the client telling the hitman to pose Honey and Barry by the swimming pool using Canadian Tire belts, one of which will have to be fetched from the upstairs master bedroom? Were detailed instructions provided? Or was the whole thing more improvisational, with the client telling the hitman to get creative and use his imagination? Did the client request “a scene that will keep ‘em guessing for years?” Does the hitman have a side hustle as a screenwriter? Or was it a screenwriter moonlighting as a hitman? Does any scenario involving a hitman make the slightest bit of sense?

I’m betting on a local killer with a personal connection, someone who knew the twisty neighbourhood streets and how to navigate snow banks and slush at street corners, someone who would stride confidently along late at night after committing two well-planned murders that he was pretty sure he was going to get away with.''

have they lied ?

The letter, written by an unnamed agent on the family's behalf, said the home had stood vacant since the couple's bodies were found dead beside the house pool in December 2017, and no one would buy the residence.

Toronto home where Barry, Honey Sherman were killed to be demolished - BNN Bloomberg

this was reported

Even in high-profile cases, there are some people who aren't deterred, said Barry Cohen, a Toronto-based luxury property realtor.
The unsolved murders of Apotex Inc. founder Barry Sherman and his wife Honey at their mansion in northern Toronto has not hurt the sale prospects for nearby homes that he is representing, as most see it as an isolated incident and not a reflection of the neighbourhood, Cohen said.
As well, while the Shermans' home is not currently on the market, Cohen said there is buyer interest.

Murder houses a tough sell, but a home's dark past can stay hidden - BNN Bloomberg

so it was never put on the market anyway..and there was someone who wanted all of it

I don't know, I think part of the problem with the house, the murders notwithstanding, is that is was a home that was designed as a luxurious and modern take of the 80s; so it had all the trappings of the 80s, thousands upon thousands of glass block and acres of shiny marble. But it also had strange angles and rooms that veered from the over the top luxury to bland rooms with no windows. It's interesting to note, that a 10000 square foot home in one of the most desirable areas of Toronto was listed at just under 7 million when homes of equal size in comparable neighbourhoods were listed in the 12 to 15 million and upward ranges. I believe Honey knew the house was a knockdown and she was right. The lot, sans home, was listed for nearly the same amount. The Sherman children did potential buyers a favour razing the home, it probably cost half a million bucks, if not more, to clear the site.

So what 5 countries do sleuths here think are involved, and what do you speculate TPS are looking for? I would guess, Canada, Japan, Israel, USA ( maybe Florida where BS and HS had a condo), and another country that has secret off shore bank accounts. They are likely trying to find some kind of money trail, or possibly looking at phone records, computer use, travel records, and GPS in cars, maybe even GPS in expensive watches, or other tech items, that would reveal connections between different individuals.
I have wondered about the secret surrogate mothers of 3 of the 4 Sherman children, fathered by BS. Could they, or some of their families be involved? What countries do they live in? Now that both BS and HS are dead, might some of the children want to connect with the other side of their blood families, or could they have made contact even before the murders? I would think the desire to at least satisfy curiosity, and meet your biological mother, and maybe other relatives could be quite strong. Going down another rabbit hole, I know, but it is a very complicated case, and it might be good to know if there were connections. I hope TPS has looked into this. IMO

Yale Medicine
https://www.yalemedicine.org › gestational-surrogacy

Surrogate mothers are impregnated through the use of in vitro fertilization (IVF). In this process, doctors create an embryo by fertilizing eggs from the intended mother or an egg donor with sperm from the intended father or a sperm donor.

My understanding of surrogacy is that the "carrier" does not use her eggs, she is not biologically connected to the child DNA, possibly the carrier shares some blood etc. but not sure if any DNA is from the carrier.

I agree with Japan and USA, I do not think Canada is included in the 5 other countries but maybe where cryptocurrency servers and off shore banks are would be included.

If TPS like KD think JS was involved I wonder if they will try to have the CRA follow his bitcoin use.

Reporting business income or capital gains from the disposition of cryptocurrency​

What is a disposition?​

This refers to the way you get rid of something, such as by giving, selling or transferring it. In general, possessing or holding a cryptocurrency is not taxable. But there could be tax consequences when you do any of the following:

• sell or make a gift of cryptocurrency
  • trade or exchange cryptocurrency, including disposing of one cryptocurrency to get another cryptocurrency
  • convert cryptocurrency to government-issued currency, such as Canadian dollars
  • use cryptocurrency to buy goods or services

Attachments

• 1688136505154.png
    1688136505154.png
    371 bytes · Views: 0
I am not positive, but I believe Hockey Rinks are very expensive to operate once they are put in use. Is UJA Federation of Greater Toronto going to be saddled with huge annual expenses to operate both rinks?

Has JS committed to funding on-going operations as well?

I am not positive, but I believe Hockey Rinks are very expensive to operate once they are put in use. Is UJA Federation of Greater Toronto going to be saddled with huge annual expenses to operate both rinks?

I'm with you on that. It seems more like a vanity project for JS without considering long term ramifications of the upkeep and ongoing expenses associated with the rinks.

The reward being offered is less than the cost of the skating rink.

Last edited:
have they lied ?

this was reported

I suspect that anyone buying that house would have demolished it anyways. That seems to be the usual route in wealthier parts of Toronto these days

Also, the fact that the bodies were hung near a body of water like a pool was another teasing indignity of religious offense since water is considered a ritual cleansing agent and the dead bodies are washed before burial as a last rite.

Last edited:
From article, thank you..
rbbm
''So, okay, let’s run with that. Do these hitman theorists imagine the client telling the hitman to pose Honey and Barry by the swimming pool using Canadian Tire belts, one of which will have to be fetched from the upstairs master bedroom? Were detailed instructions provided? Or was the whole thing more improvisational, with the client telling the hitman to get creative and use his imagination? Did the client request “a scene that will keep ‘em guessing for years?” Does the hitman have a side hustle as a screenwriter? Or was it a screenwriter moonlighting as a hitman? Does any scenario involving a hitman make the slightest bit of sense?

I’m betting on a local killer with a personal connection, someone who knew the twisty neighbourhood streets and how to navigate snow banks and slush at street corners, someone who would stride confidently along late at night after committing two well-planned murders that he was pretty sure he was going to get away with.''
Is she referring to the screenwriter FDA? Or doesn't she realize what she is putting out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname