CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess based on the evidence that both had been handcuffed prior to their deaths. That info was discovered during the second autopsy.

And the ties were never found.

When you add that there were no signs of forced entry and very little in the way of DNA evidence, it tends to point to:

a) family, friends or close associates

b) family, friends or close associates who knew professional hit-men or who had that knowledge themselves.

Either way, they were obviously kidnapped in their own home and marched down to the pool and tied up. Horrifying.

MOO.

He is honouring the memory of his parents. How can anyone reasonably find fault with that? .

BS and HS supported all kinds of causes and the UJA Sherman campus has significant onsite fitness facilities. This is one more example of members of the Sherman family continuing their community support. Good on him.
right ..how strange tho that he is only generous NOW
when he had no relationship with the father except either milking money or trying to kick him out as incompetent
his devotion also shows in the shady funeral speech and non emotional reaction
ON TOP OF THAT we think his sisters would know the intent behind his recent actions more than us ...
I cant see how anyone can see this and the silly awards money as an image cleaning tool

When you add that there were no signs of forced entry and very little in the way of DNA evidence, it tends to point to:

a) family, friends or close associates

b) family, friends or close associates who knew professional hit-men or who had that knowledge themselves.

Either way, they were obviously kidnapped in their own home and marched down to the pool and tied up. Horrifying.

MOO.
who else who know there is a window open..or the side door ( even tho we are not sure honey wasnt ambushed at the enterance.. but one of thses at least would be the way out ? or maybe two different ways more than one killer got inside
except if there is something in the mystery surrounding the agent/clints thing

who else who know there is a window open..or the side door ( even tho we are not sure honey wasnt ambushed at the enterance.. but one of thses at least would be the way out ? or maybe two different ways more than one killer got inside
except if there is something in the mystery surrounding the agent/clints thing
right ..how strange tho that he is only generous NOW
when he had no relationship with the father except either milking money or trying to kick him out as incompetent
his devotion also shows in the shady funeral speech and non emotional reaction
ON TOP OF THAT we think his sisters would know the intent behind his recent actions more than us ...
I cant see how anyone can see this and the silly awards money as an image cleaning tool
Interesting article by KD in Toronto Star in Feb. 2021 Good Overview of some family and business dynamics. IMO

And now for something completely different, since the murders seem to be nowhere near a solution after almost six years. Regulars here have sometimes seen me complain about not receiving email notifications for new posts and recommended I just log in pereodically and go to my notifications. I think I solved the problem. I was using a unique Gmail address just for this forum. It seems that the culprit is Gmail, sending the notifications to spam. Once I switched my settings to my primary email address, I'm getting several email notifications a day. That may be a blessing or an annoying curse. Maybe turning off email notifications and logging in every day or two is better. Your choice. Carry on.

I suspect that Honey was making a new will, and had gone over it with her lawyer a few days before the murders, as a friend said Honey mentioned, but she may not have signed it before her death. Their lawyer who took care of estate business was trying to reach them on the phone after it is assumed they were dead. Barry said he had to be home early that night when he was at the Apotex meeting. It is possible to sign documents on your computer now. I did it when selling some property two years ago. The real estate agent, and my lawyer guided me through it, and there were no problems. It was more convenient for everyone doing it that way. Perhaps the wills would have even been signed that night. It seems quite possible that Honey was going to leave 500 million to her sister, Mary, as Mary stated. Also, she may have wanted to leave a lot to charity. It could have given someone a strong motive to kill her before that could happen, and BS as well, because maybe he was also talking about changing his will and leaving more to charity. There was talk after the murders that he was making plans to do so, but we are not sure. Those who stood to benefit from the way things were in the existing wills may have been afraid they would be at a disadvantage if new wills were made. If there was a new unsigned paper will or wills in the house, it/they may have been removed by the killers. Perhaps before she was strangled, Honey was forced to reveal where they were, and that is why there was evidence that someone hit her in the face. I suspect that if this is the case, TPS has asked the lawyer to remain silent, and they have stated that their case is strongly connected to the estate of BS and HS. When billions are involved, definitely follow the money! IMO
how do you think that person would know about these changes if they were real
do you think honey was speaking in public or to a confidant who leaked that info somehow ?

Last edited:
Originally the police thought this case may have been a murder-suicide.
Apart from the Sherman's children saying no, they'd never do something like this, what are the physical clues it's wasn't murder-suicide...?
They can't go on just what their children said. Most kids wouldn't think their parents would be capable of such a thing....but of course, they are.
cause this assumption is absurd and unbeilvable and based on nothing substantial
there has never been a murder suicide by hanging...not just that but a double hanging ( kill first then stage )
BS is 75 ..
it makes zero sense
thier hands were tied
he cant stage himself after death ! the craziest thing ive ever heard since the rebecca zahau or the journalist who allegedly killed himself by multiple wounds then burned his car after death
and this genuis conclusion came from an le who claims they have the best homicide clearance rate at 80%

how do you think that person would know about these changes if they were real
do you think honey was speaking in public or to a confidant who leaked that info somehow ?

She could have told her sister and her sister told her husband and son, neither who would be disappointed in HS having a will, since MS stated several times that HS was going to gift her money. That should clear them of being potential suspects, imo.

Last edited:
I would take anything KW says with a grain of salt. He only has one agenda and that is to make Barry look as bad as possible.

I can't remember where I read or heard that Honey had better muscle mass (found in the autopsy) than Barry. She worked out more than he did according to one of the trainers. She golfed and was pretty active. He worked at a desk all day.
Agree. The man is pathologically bitter. On one hand I get it because of his life’s tragedies. But how many people are given millions and millions and blow it?

As we are all just speculating/theorizing here(IMO), it could be said 'We should take anything 'anyone' says with a grain of salt'. Kerry Winter is a WS VI and I feel fortunate to have him contribute to this forum, allowing us an insiders view point. Not all have to agree/believe ... or even consider his posts, but as an VI I do think KW warrants some courtesy. JMO

ETA: ... Thanks to all for the great discussions!!

Last edited:
cause this assumption is absurd and unbeilvable and based on nothing substantial
there has never been a murder suicide by hanging...not just that but a double hanging ( kill first then stage )
BS is 75 ..
it makes zero sense
thier hands were tied
he cant stage himself after death ! the craziest thing ive ever heard since the rebecca zahau or the journalist who allegedly killed himself by multiple wounds then burned his car after death
and this genuis conclusion came from an le who claims they have the best homicide clearance rate at 80%

"When billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead in their Toronto home in Dec. 2017, police initially said it was a murder-suicide.

But after their family rejected the idea, and a second autopsy came to a different conclusion, the investigation changed to focus on a double homicide
."

So, if it wasn't for the family saying 'nope' and having a 2nd post-mortem investigation done, the police probably would still have it as murder-suicide.

Do you think the Canadian police are a bit out of their depth with certain cases? Or do they not have the infrastructure needed to investigate complex mysteries?

I'm thinking of Elnaz Hajtamiri (also in the Toronto area) and Lindsay Buziak, the real estate agent in British Columbia, to name just 2 more.

"When billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead in their Toronto home in Dec. 2017, police initially said it was a murder-suicide.

But after their family rejected the idea, and a second autopsy came to a different conclusion, the investigation changed to focus on a double homicide
."

So, if it wasn't for the family saying 'nope' and having a 2nd post-mortem investigation done, the police probably would still have it as murder-suicide.

Do you think the Canadian police are a bit out of their depth with certain cases? Or do they not have the infrastructure needed to investigate complex mysteries?

I'm thinking of Elnaz Hajtamiri (also in the Toronto area) and Lindsay Buziak, the real estate agent in British Columbia, to name just 2 more.

I don't think so. For every crime that goes unsolved in Canada, there's probably hundreds in the US. The Sherman murders received a high profile in the media because of who they were. And the general public were quick to criticize the police based on their initial pronouncement of M/S.

Elnaz Hajtamiri is a high profile case because of the circumstances of her disappearance and everyone loves a mystery. The fact that she was attacked with a frying pan just before her disappearance just adds an extra level of mystery.

If I was going to criticize the TPS it was their inaction over the disappearances of numerous gay men from Toronto's 'gay village' over the course of several years. There were obvious similarities to the men who went missing that suggested gay bearded men of Middle East or South Asian descent were going missing yet they completely missed it or sloughed it off as men who decided to leave voluntarily because being gay and Muslim made life difficult. Boy, were they wrong.

Out of the 4 trustees of BS's will (AG, JK, BK, JS), it would appear that BK(AK) and JS would have been most inconvenienced by any changes to the will. The timing of their killings just before they were supposed to have answered a telephone call from an estate/will lawyer is very suspicious. Who knew about this phone call besides BS and HS?
Speculative of course,

I think the time of the phone call with the lawyer was known because they were being monitored. TPS said they believe for 1month prior to their deaths. I would assume electronically, such like BS and HS’s emails. Easiest and most accurate Seeing how it’s the easiest way if to have access to their home and office spaces. But could be air-tags, or bugging the house.

Or if you want total control, all of the above.

Interesting that JS and NS are apparently close, and NS is both estranged from and litigating against his mother, MS, over a family trust (ie over money). MOO.
Seems like JS and NS have a lot in common. I can see why they’re close.

Both having controlling mothers with frosty relationships, parents with access to hundreds of millions of dollars. Both attempted action to dethrone parents from being trustees of said money.

What did JK say about the money again?

As we are all just speculating/theorizing here(IMO), it could be said 'We should take anything 'anyone' says with a grain of salt'. Kerry Winter is a WS VI and I feel fortunate to have him contribute to this forum, allowing us an insiders view point. Not all have to agree/believe ... or even consider his posts, but as an VI I do think KW warrants some courtesy. JMO

ETA: ... Thanks to all for the great discussions!!
If he was impartial, I would probably feel differently. In the eyes of some, he is still a potential suspect, especially considering he told the world he wanted to decapitate Barry and roll his head down the sidewalk of Apotex. I don't think he did it but he did say he knew how to hire someone to murder Honey so out of everyone everywhere, he's the only one who has talked about murdering or conspiring to murder both of them.

Agree. The man is pathologically bitter. On one hand I get it because of his life’s tragedies. But how many people are given millions and millions and blow it?
Just curious, but what makes you think KW was given (given) millions? I know that at one time he was receiving several thousand dollars a month from BS, but I think most of the big money the cousins received from BS was in the form of loans - loans which were callable by BS at a moment’s notice (which is exactly what BS did).

Right or wrong, BS took their houses right out from under them. I don’t know about you, but if I wasn’t already pathologically bitter over BS and how the Winter estate was handled (by both him and RT), having him take my house might make me so.

Also, what makes you think KW (and/or any of the cousins) blew millions? I’m not saying the cousins were great business people (I actually have no clue) but I think it’s a mischaracterization to suggest that they were given millions by BS and blew it all. Do you have a link that they blew millions?I imo BS just took it all back. I think he did a lot of that kind of “giving”.

Jmo

If he was impartial, I would probably feel differently. In the eyes of some, he is still a potential suspect, especially considering he told the world he wanted to decapitate Barry and roll his head down the sidewalk of Apotex. I don't think he did it but he did say he knew how to hire someone to murder Honey so out of everyone everywhere, he's the only one who has talked about murdering or conspiring to murder both of them.
Impartial?? As an insider can he be impartial ... it's his story to share.
2 each his own. I appreciate KW sharing and see no need for snark here.

Just curious, but what makes you think KW was given (given) millions? I know that at one time he was receiving several thousand dollars a month from BS, but I think most of the big money the cousins received from BS was in the form of loans - loans which were callable by BS at a moment’s notice (which is exactly what BS did).

Right or wrong, BS took their houses right out from under them. I don’t know about you, but if I wasn’t already pathologically bitter over BS and how the Winter estate was handled (by both him and RT), having him take my house might make me so.

Also, what makes you think KW (and/or any of the cousins) blew millions? I’m not saying the cousins were great business people (I actually have no clue) but I think it’s a mischaracterization to suggest that they were given millions by BS and blew it all. Do you have a link that they blew millions?I imo BS just took it all back. I think he did a lot of that kind of “giving”.

Jmo
“As part of the court's decision, Winter not only lost his claim on his cousin's fortune, but he was also ordered to pay Sherman back $8 million. Just a week before the Shermans were found dead, a court ordered Winter and his siblings to pay Sherman $300,000 in legal costs.”

Jmo
He paid for KW and Dana's rehab more than once. Gave them money for houses, cottages cars etc. Hired both Dana and KW and had to fire him. Paid for Dana's bail when he was arrested in BC. He took everything back when they sued him and for that I don't blame him one bit. I also don't think he should have been made responsible for giving them the chance to buy 5% of his uncle's business or given them a job when they turned a certain age. They were the beneficiaries of the sale, and their parents were well off so the sale of their parents' house and any other money they had was theirs. They were adopted by another family. Expecting a first cousin who was in his 20s to do all that he did is a big stretch. Barry definitely had his faults but he did way more for them than he had to.

Jmo
Multiple media reports. Believe he may have said so in interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?