CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting to me that Jonathon is so active in the pursuit of the killers. He was instrumental in hiring Greenspan and the initial team of private detectives, then he increased the reward to $35 million, and hired Seiden and Confidential Global Investigations.

Questions I have.
Does Jonathon or one of surrogates monitors this forum?
Why was the Greenspan team was terminated?
Why was Seiden team then hired?
Is Seiden still involved in this case?
Does Jonathon have confidence in the TPS?
Who does Jonathon suspect, especially based on info he has received from Greenspan and Seiden?
Those are interesting questions that I suspect no one on this site can answer.

Other questions include: is JS actively investigating the murders, or does he wish to be perceived as doing so?

What about the other kids? What about Mary or other close relatives or friends that suffered the loss?

Is *anyone* actively investigating the murders??

MOO

Interesting to me that Jonathon is so active in the pursuit of the killers. He was instrumental in hiring Greenspan and the initial team of private detectives, then he increased the reward to $35 million, and hired Seiden and Confidential Global Investigations.

Questions I have.
Does Jonathon or one of surrogates monitors this forum?
Why was the Greenspan team was terminated?
Why was Seiden team then hired?
Is Seiden still involved in this case?
Does Jonathon have confidence in the TPS?
Who does Jonathon suspect, especially based on info he has received from Greenspan and Seiden?
I don't know if it was only JS responsible for hiring greenspan. My understand is that it was a family decision. I was told that Barry's sister and husband were also part of that decision
And, btw the 35 million reward is less than he put up for the hockey arena.

''The Sherman family retained Brian Greenspan as counsel to independently look into the deaths of Barry Sherman, 75, and his wife Honey, 70, who were found dead in their North York home on Dec. 15.''

What can the Sherman family hope to get out of a private investigator at this point? Not a lot, according to former Toronto homicide detective David Perry.

"More often than not, private investigators are not called in at this stage," said Perry, CEO of Investigative Solutions Network. "There's very little a private investigator can do at this point, other than support the family and help them understand what the police are saying."

Perry says right now a private investigator would have very little access to police information, unless they were doing parallel interviews with family and anyone else who could shed some light on what happened in the Shermans' home.

Normally, Perry told CBC Toronto, a private investigator is brought in at the end of a police investigation to review the police file and offer an opinion on whether or not detectives might have missed anything.''

Those are interesting questions that I suspect no one on this site can answer.

Other questions include: is JS actively investigating the murders, or does he wish to be perceived as doing so?

What about the other kids? What about Mary or other close relatives or friends that suffered the loss?

Is *anyone* actively investigating the murders??

MOO
Another question, if LE had not let out a Murder suicide scenario would the family have hired a private team? I thought they were there to show LE we’re not on the right track, once they were on a double murder not much left that they could do and they were released of duties.

IMO this is the only avenue the family had to get any information and specific details of what LE had and were/are pursuing, the family like us public have no rights to the investigation and founded facts until it reaches a court.

Again IMO AK and her sisters saw no more need to attempt to control the LE investigation or the direction of the investigation, they will put their trust in LE and wait for the conclusion. JS however is more of a controlling personality and still wants to have a direct line to the information.

March 2023 rbbm
''With the Greenspan probe shelved by late 2019, Jonathon says he launched his own private investigation led by Robert Seiden a lawyer and former prosecutor from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office who now runs the U.S.-based company called Confidential Global Investigations. He says he hired Seiden because of Seiden’s personal history — he pursued a law career after his brother, an innocent bystander, was killed during a mob hit.

As part of his investigation team, Seiden has hired a former Toronto police homicide detective who has “good” relations with the Toronto force, Jonathon told me.

When Jonathon gets information, he says, he passes it on to the police. Recently, the lead detective on the Sherman case, Det. Sgt. Brandon Price, visited Jonathon to personally receive a package of information he said he has uncovered.''
Questions

IMO stories of JS leave me with the impression he is self centred, feels he is not treated with enough respect by others, he is better and smarter than everyone else and potentially narcissistic.

If many of us are wrong and JS has no involvement is he seriously trying to help the investigation and prove to his sisters he was not involved and can lead the family like Dad had? He has shown he wants to step into BS shoes and take over the empire, the sisters rejected this, maybe he is not involved at all and it is a family power struggle that created the rift.

OR

Does JS have that much self confidence that he can control the directions of the investigation using this lawyer. A lawyer that has special knowledge of cryptocurrency and organized crime?

Interesting

Questions

IMO stories of JS leave me with the impression he is self centred, feels he is not treated with enough respect by others, he is better and smarter than everyone else and potentially narcissistic.

If many of us are wrong and JS has no involvement is he seriously trying to help the investigation and prove to his sisters he was not involved and can lead the family like Dad had? He has shown he wants to step into BS shoes and take over the empire, the sisters rejected this, maybe he is not involved at all and it is a family power struggle that created the rift.

OR

Does JS have that much self confidence that he can control the directions of the investigation using this lawyer. A lawyer that has special knowledge of cryptocurrency and organized crime?

Interesting

Very few of us really know what makes JS tick, or what his real goals and motivations are. I believe one way certain individuals try to gain respect is to out-smart everybody else.

Let us assume for a minute that JS had no involvement in any way with the deaths of his parents and he genuinely wants to help apprehend the culprits and have them brought to justice.
He has hired a special team of investigators.
He has posted a huge award.
He contradicted publicly the M/S theory.

What more could he do?
He could not have fired Jack Kay, Barry's best friend and partner and allowed Jack to represent the family.
He could have annual press conferences reminding people of this unsolved crime.
He could start an ad blitz asking for tips.

MOO

I don't have the facts at my fingertips, and am just working off a vague memory of reading Donovan's book a couple of years ago, so apologies in advance if my recollection is off: didn't the way in which the family/JS brought in the private team involve a privately operated tip line? In other words, anyone hoping for the reward would provide information to the private line, not to law enforcement?

I don't have the facts at my fingertips, and am just working off a vague memory of reading Donovan's book a couple of years ago, so apologies in advance if my recollection is off: didn't the way in which the family/JS brought in the private team involve a privately operated tip line? In other words, anyone hoping for the reward would provide information to the private line, not to law enforcement?
''Asked whether Toronto police would participate in a separate expert panel Greenspan is convening to assess the information that comes through the tip line, Saunders said he would want to know more about its terms of reference and whether that would stand up to the scrutiny of a court proceeding.

"If it meets that test, then definitely we will be involved," he said.''
''The agent says they thought they had stumbled across some kind of bizarre Halloween display or a joke.
"Fake murders," is how he initially described it.''

The family got a call from another family whose mother and stepfather had been murdered in Florida. They advised them to get a private investigator involved. They were in a position financially
to do it as was the family that gave them the advise.

The family got a call from another family whose mother and stepfather had been murdered in Florida. They advised them to get a private investigator involved. They were in a position financially
to do it as was the family that gave them the advise.
''It was a phone call from relatives of a Toronto couple murdered years before in Florida that caused the children of Barry and Honey Sherman to hire a criminal lawyer and retired cops, launching a private investigation that officially ended in Toronto Monday.
The Shermans were told in that phone call two years ago that private detectives would help them ensure that Barry and Honey's deaths were properly investigated.''

''It was a phone call from relatives of a Toronto couple murdered years before in Florida that caused the children of Barry and Honey Sherman to hire a criminal lawyer and retired cops, launching a private investigation that officially ended in Toronto Monday.
The Shermans were told in that phone call two years ago that private detectives would help them ensure that Barry and Honey's deaths were properly investigated.''
The Pichosky/Wise family were not wealthy but Rochelle's son married into a very wealthy family. It was Rochelle's daughter in-law who made the call to the Sherman family to get a private team. Her family paid for a private team in Florida.

Since the lawyer DH's phone call at 9 pm on December 13, 2017 was regarding the discharging of SL's mortgage by BS, the following is all very interesting:

iv. Stanley LUBINSKY, Friend of Bernard SHERMAN

XXI. Stanley’s son in law, Johnny, is handling those things.
Stanley does not own the house, Bernard owns the house until
the documents are signed. (p. 42)

*advertiser censored*. Stanley says that his son in law is probably the last
person to speak with Bernard on the Wednesday. (p. 42)

(Ito #12, Appendix D (2020 09 01) Redacted Redacted)

Since the lawyer DH's phone call at 9 pm on December 13, 2017 was regarding the discharging of SL's mortgage by BS
Respectfully, I don’t think we know that is what the 9pm call was about. We know DH made a call about that topic earlier in the day, but we do not know whether or not this specific 9pm call was to deal with the same issue. If there is a source that in fact does confirm this, I would be grateful if you could please share it. Thank you!

Respectfully, I don’t think we know that is what the 9pm call was about. We know DH made a call about that topic earlier in the day, but we do not know whether or not this specific 9pm call was to deal with the same issue. If there is a source that in fact does confirm this, I would be grateful if you could please share it. Thank you!
Did not read through, but info may have come from here..
''We know that Barry received a call from lawyer Doug Hendler at 9:01 pm, with no evidence he actually answered the call. This could put his arrival home somewhere between 8 pm and 9 pm. It’s a roughly 24 minute drive from 150 Signet Drive (Apotex offices) to the estate, and that’s during mid morning hour traffic, according to Google Maps.''

Did not read through, but info may have come from here..
''We know that Barry received a call from lawyer Doug Hendler at 9:01 pm, with no evidence he actually answered the call. This could put his arrival home somewhere between 8 pm and 9 pm. It’s a roughly 24 minute drive from 150 Signet Drive (Apotex offices) to the estate, and that’s during mid morning hour traffic, according to Google Maps.''
I agree there was a call from DH at 9pm. We just don’t know (as far as I’ve seen) whether the intended topic of the call was the mortgage discharge or something else.

We do know DH contacted Barry about the mortgage discharge earlier that day.

But I’ve not seen a source confirming that the topic of the 9pm call was in fact the mortgage.

Since the lawyer DH's phone call at 9 pm on December 13, 2017 was regarding the discharging of SL's mortgage by BS, the following is all very interesting:

iv. Stanley LUBINSKY, Friend of Bernard SHERMAN

XXI. Stanley’s son in law, Johnny, is handling those things.
Stanley does not own the house, Bernard owns the house until
the documents are signed. (p. 42)

*advertiser censored*. Stanley says that his son in law is probably the last
person to speak with Bernard on the Wednesday. (p. 42)

(Ito #12, Appendix D (2020 09 01) Redacted Redacted)
Meant to say the 7 pm call from DH to BS which was about the mortgage discharge. The 9 pm call may have been another attempt by DH to reach BS about this since the 7 pm call was not answered by BS. It is not known what it was about and it was also not answered by BS.

The most likely explanation is that DH was simply confused about the time that evening he placed his call.
Welcome to WS.

I’m not sure why you believe he was confused, but just to clarify, there are records of both calls he made and nothing to suggest his statements to police are incorrect.

Meant to say the 7 pm call from DH to BS which was about the mortgage discharge. The 9 pm call may have been another attempt by DH to reach BS about this since the 7 pm call was not answered by BS. It is not known what it was about and it was also not answered by BS.
Hi! Do you have a cite for the missed 7pm call? I was thinking the call was around 5pm-ish — but I can’t remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back