Canada - Dawn Dumont Walker, 48, accused of abducting her son and faking their deaths, Saskatoon, 23 Jul 2022

As this investigation will continue to unfold rapidly a media availability is scheduled to be held on Monday, August 8, 2022, regarding any updates. Further information on the availability will be released Monday morning.

Interested to hear the updates. Wonder how they got across the border w.o her vehicle

"The Saskatoon Police Service in conjunction with the United States Department of Homeland Security have located missing persons Dawn Walker and her son Vincent Jansen. The two were found in Oregon City, Oregon at approximately 11:30hrs (CST). Both are reported to be safe and well. Agency representatives are currently working out the details of arranging for their return to Canada."
https://saskatoonpolice.ca/news/2022314
No way! The child's father was right - she kidnapped the child and took him out of the country for custody reasons.

Well, otto, looks like you win the guessing game!

Wonder if the dad knew there was someone specific Dawn wanted to move to the US for.
It was a hoax - a staged kidnapping or accident to deceive the father and the public. She left her dog alone at home. Sad.

I hope her name is withdrawn from the writing award finalists.

"Through an email, Andrew said he was a little overwhelmed at the news of police finding his son safe, that he’s making arrangements to pick him up Friday night, and he’s glad that his prayers were answered."

It was a hoax - a staged kidnapping or accident to deceive the father and the public. She left her dog alone at home. Sad.

I hope her name is withdrawn from the writing award finalists.
Wonder if she'll face any fines / charges.

"The Saskatoon Police Service said U.S. authorities are considering the implications and any potential action as a result of an illegal entry into the U.S."

What a relief for the father to know that his young son is safe and alive. After 3 attempts to take the child away from the father, and kidnapping the child to interfere with the child's relationship with his father, I suppose the child will require supervised visitation with his mother going forward.

Her legal name must be Dawn Walker rather than Dawn Dumont.

"At this time, U.S. authorities are considering the implications and any potential action as a result of an illegal entry into the US. Pending any action by U.S. authorities Dawn Walker will be returned to Saskatoon to meet with investigators. U.S. agency representatives in consultation with the SPS are currently working out the details of returning Vincent Jansen to a legal guardian."

For the record, I don't think there is any truth to the "domestic violence" allegations. I suspect that was mud-slinging that is sometimes associated with custody disputes.

I'm now more suspicious of friends and colleagues who immediately implied domestic violence, and who were so involved with Dawn's life that the day after Dawn fled the country her friends had access to her home to rescue her dog. How convenient.

Wonder if she'll face any fines / charges.

"The Saskatoon Police Service said U.S. authorities are considering the implications and any potential action as a result of an illegal entry into the U.S."
She'll probably get a bill for the search and rescue services that were used around the river. I doubt she'll face charges, as it could be framed as custody distress, but there should be consequences with her role with the FSIN, the book nomination and visitation with the 7 year old child.

I don't like this bit:

"At this time, U.S. authorities are considering the implications and any potential action as a result of an illegal entry into the US."

I hope compassion and clemency is shown.
I agree that jail time is not appropriate. There could be a Sentencing Circle with the Indigenous community if they view kidnapping a child and taking him out of the country as an egregious act. It's a clear violation of law.

I am speechless - I'm happy they were found; It's a sad situation for her because there will be repercussions. There is obviously a side to the story; we don't know, why she was willing to throw it all away.

I am speechless - I'm happy they were found; It's a sad situation for her because there will be repercussions. There is obviously a side to the story; we don't know, why she was willing to throw it all away.
I am speechless as well. While happy they are both safe, can’t imagine how she could do this. To have so many people worried. I would be interested in knowing why she felt there was no other way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back