Found Deceased Canada - Holly Hamilton, 29, Hamilton, Ont, 14 Jan 2018

Watching CHCH right now - they just said her ex appeared in court this afternoon on violation of probation and drug possession charges; nothing related to Holly.

Very bizarre.

They also said where Holly's car was found is a common place for stolen cars to be dumped.

I still think it's very possible her ex is the man they have in custody in connection. But I supposed it's also possible that he (the ex) gave them information that tracked them to Holly's car and led to an arrest of another man?

I still think it's very possible her ex is the man they have in custody in connection. But I supposed it's also possible that he (the ex) gave them information that tracked them to Holly's car and led to an arrest of another man?

Not sure what I can post here (what is considered hear-say) so I apologise if this is against rules, but I do have a friend who was a friend of Holly's and it was mentioned that her ex was very abusive and HH wanted nothing to do with him.
Also, with a facebook post from HH's brother it seemed like there was defintely a fear that ex (not sure if I can mention his name) was responsible for Holly's disappearance.

Police probably nabbed her ex for the probation violation and got him to talk while in custody r.e. Holly. JMO

wow, just seeing this news now and looks like Holly has already been found plus there's been an arrest
RIP Holly

Police have stated domestic violence was known.
If he is in court tomorrow am, then he has been charged.

I think it's safe to assume that the ex is responsible for this. However, as of now, his name is not on tomorrow's court docket, and today's has been removed.

I'm just wondering if there's an aider, abieter, or accessory involved in this crime. Also, what was the significance in CHCH stating that the parking garage was a known place to ditch stolen cars? Is that even true?

Police probably nabbed her ex for the probation violation and got him to talk while in custody r.e. Holly. JMO
Would he really talk, though? I could see that if he was ratting on someone else's involvement, but if he's the main offender, I'm not sure how likely talking would be.

http://www.chch.com/hamilton-woman-dead-man-arrested/

Helpful link for those who haven't seen it yet. The video states that forensic units are in fact inside the ex-boyfriends apartment likely collecting evidence. It's uncertain at this point why Guelph detectives are assisting, but they are present. Sources have stated that Holly was found inside the trunk, but HPS has yet to confirm this. The ex-boyfriend is named in the written portion of the article, for those who aren't yet aware.

It's safe to assume that this man will be the one before the courts tomorrow.

Just as friend and family were preparing for their search, they were informed Holly was found deceased. They held a candlelight vigil instead, in memory of their loved one. So profoundly devastating.

I think there was an early report that indicated damage to the back of the car so it may have already looked like that, but I doubt it... just looking for anything to say other than how tragic and sad this is... hate when moms and their children are pulled apart by something awful like this.

Earlier report indicated damage to the Front Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parkinh.jpg

On this map, the star indicates where the photo of the car on the tow truck would have been taken. The area is full of high rises and parking garages. The two black outlines are the most likely lots where he would have parked. A 10 min drive from his house.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8078256-young-mother-is-hamilton-s-first-homicide-victim-of-2018/
[h=1]Young mother is Hamilton’s first homicide victim of 2018[/h] [h=2]A 30-year-old man faces charges after the body of Holly Hamilton, 29, was found with her car in an east end garage[/h]
"We are sad to announce we have located the body of 29-year-old Holly Hamilton, our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and everyone who (she) has touched," Hamilton police spokesperson Const. Jerome Stewart later said at a brief news conference, adding that the many tips that came in from the public were very appreciated.

Detectives had been looking for Hamilton's 30-year-old ex-boyfriend, including searching and canvassing in the neighbourhood around his Barton Street East and Fairfield Avenue North apartment, near Strathearne Avenue. The location is believed to be the last place Hamilton was seen.
Concerned family had reported Hamilton missing on Monday after she vanished Sunday night. She had told family she was going out to see a friend, but at some point was seen near her ex-boyfriend's apartment.

Justin Dumphrey made his court appearance in Hamilton this morning. He is charged with 2nd degree murder, and is being held on remand until his next court date which is Wednesday the 24th. Police update to come.

View attachment 128965

On this map, the star indicates where the photo of the car on the tow truck would have been taken. The area is full of high rises and parking garages. The two black outlines are the most likely lots where he would have parked. A 10 min drive from his house.

He parked under the lot closer to Lake Ave. This is the Google streetview showing the ramp: https://goo.gl/maps/rmJov4GgZQu

Here's a photo of the tow truck driving up the ramp (that is Barton St. that is visible behind). https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/953726714688946176/pu/img/kyWhyeJ8cU5DXXIa.jpg
Source: https://twitter.com/chchnews?lang=en

I'm still curious why he decided to dump the car there. Does he know someone who lives there, or did he used to live there? Years ago my grandparents lived in a nearby building -- it's not really a great area.

He parked under the lot closer to Lake Ave. This is the Google streetview showing the ramp: https://goo.gl/maps/rmJov4GgZQu

Here's a photo of the tow truck driving up the ramp (that is Barton St. that is visible behind). https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/953726714688946176/pu/img/kyWhyeJ8cU5DXXIa.jpg
Source: https://twitter.com/chchnews?lang=en

I'm still curious why he decided to dump the car there. Does he know someone who lives there, or did he used to live there? Years ago my grandparents lived in a nearby building -- it's not really a great area.
I'm curious about this too. It's either just a completely random spot, or it's significant for some reason. I'm also curious as to how this all came to a head. It's heartwarming to hear that so many public tips came in to assist the investigation. I wonder though what he was actually thinking? To drop the daughter off at the grandparents, and ditch the car in a seemingly accessible place, I think he must have known he was done for.

so sad for this beautiful woman... and her daughter, who must live on now, with all the pain and hurt... May she find special moments to call upon that bring her joy and comfort when she is ready.

That was a more helpful briefing from HPS.

It has now been officially confirmed that she was found in the trunk of her car. JH was arrested at the courthouse when he showed up for his appearance yesterday on unrelated charges. There is a documented history of domestic violence between the ex-couple, with a probation order prohibiting him from contact with HH. The officer stated that JH had been quite busy around town leading up to his arrest, when asked by a reporter if he could confirm that there is video surveillance showing JH purchasing cleaning supplies from a store.

If there was an individual assisting or harbouring JH, they could face charges as well, and that information will come to light as the investigation continues. They still have a lot to piece together I'd imagine, regarding to his activities and movements between Sunday and Wednesday.

Nothing was asked or expanded on regarding the parking garage.

Subbing in on this, been following the story in MSM since it started. Sad ending for that poor girl & her family.

That was a more helpful briefing from HPS.

It has now been officially confirmed that she was found in the trunk of her car. JH was arrested at the courthouse when he showed up for his appearance yesterday on unrelated charges. There is a documented history of domestic violence between the ex-couple, with a probation order prohibiting him from contact with HH. The officer stated that JH had been quite busy around town leading up to his arrest, when asked by a reporter if he could confirm that there is video surveillance showing JH purchasing cleaning supplies from a store.

If there was an individual assisting or harbouring JH, they could face charges as well, and that information will come to light as the investigation continues. They still have a lot to piece together I'd imagine, regarding to his activities and movements between Sunday and Wednesday.

Nothing was asked or expanded on regarding the parking garage.

BBM - So he was due in court before he even murdered Holly?! If he was always planning on attending court, he must have thought he could get away with the murder because surely he knew the cops would show up.

I would like clarification on what custody arrangement they had (if any; I heard she would never leave her daughter alone with him) and to know how he got Holly to come by on Sunday. She told her family she was visiting "a friend" so either she was keeping it from them, or she didn't know she'd end up at his place.

Such a senseless crime.

BBM - So he was due in court before he even murdered Holly?! If he was always planning on attending court, he must have thought he could get away with the murder because surely he knew the cops would show up.

I would like clarification on what custody arrangement they had (if any; I heard she would never leave her daughter alone with him) and to know how he got Holly to come by on Sunday. She told her family she was visiting "a friend" so either she was keeping it from them, or she didn't know she'd end up at his place.

Such a senseless crime.

Again, I don't know what I can post here, so anyone please correct me but we do share a mutual friend. From what I have heard, Holly was a single mother who would never leave her daughter or be anywhere near his apartment. Not sure how she go there, or the details. I didn't know the "she told family she was visiting a friend" part or the details of their relationship/parental relationship other than she was a single mother and that JD was abusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back