GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

More info here:

Thaler said the remains have been sent to a Hamilton hospital for analysis. He said investigators suspect they know what caused Kelsey Louise Felker’s death, but they want confirmation from an autopsy.

He said the team of 25 police investigators will be focusing on the background of Johnson and Felker and determining the chain of events that led to the slaying.

Johnson lived on the 17th floor of the apartment building at 250 Frederick St., but Thaler said he didn’t think Johnson and Felker were living together.

“I don’t think she lived there (250 Frederick St.) and I don’t think she was married to the guy or anything,” he said.

He said while Felker didn’t have a fixed address, she wasn’t considered homeless at the time of her death because she had been staying with friends.

http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario...human-remains-discovered-in-kitchener-killing

I wasn't able to find a phone listing for him at that building. He could have been using a cell phone exclusively. I wonder if he was the "Jim" as in "call me it's Jim."

So first degree murder charges means it can't be overdose. The thought had crossed my mind that she OD'ed and he panicked and disposed of her. That can't be it though.

may she rest in peace, i sincerely wish she did not suffer or was terrified in her last moments but it seems not much hope of that, is it?
wherever you are now kelsey, go in peace

Thinking about Kelsey and her mourners today. Her memorial is tonight at 9 pm.

So first degree murder charges means it can't be overdose. The thought had crossed my mind that she OD'ed and he panicked and disposed of her. That can't be it though.

Maybe he administered a fatal overdose after she passed out to keep her from reporting anything that he had done to her. MOO

KITCHENER — The flickering light from dozens of candles danced across a portrait of Kelsey Louise Felker as about 150 people gathered Monday night to remember the slaying victim.
45b2f73647ee9006d7308a0becfe.jpg

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/880700--150-honour-slain-woman-at-candlelight-memorial

Just keeping this thread up to date. SRJ has made several brief video court appearances from the Maplehurst Detention Centre (March 8, March 20, April 5, and April 26); there is a publication ban in place, likely to minimize impact on jury selection for an eventual trial, date for which is still TBD; and the investigation is ongoing.

The search for Kelsey's remains was declared completed "satisfactorily" by LE in mid-February, according to a CTV SWO report. MSM appears to have lost interest in providing information since it was revealed that Kelsey worked in the sex trade, IMO, and that's a shame - apparently the Robert Pickton case accomplished little toward better awareness of a need to protect sex workers and those living on the streets. Kelsey Felker died a brutal death, and to be forgotten or considered an expendable member of society only compounds the brutality.

Let's pay attention and make sure to be witnesses to as much justice as can be served in this case.

RIP Kelsey.

Would it be possible for a mod to add the victims name to the title of this thread? I hate for her to just be referred to as a "torso" RIP Kelsey Louise Felker.

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but the accused is being charged with first degree murder. I believe this article provides a bit more detail than previously known.

KITCHENER — A Kitchener man accused of killing a 24-year-old woman and tossing her headless torso in a garbage bin will go on trial for first-degree murder.

Stephen Johnson, 39, was committed to trial on Wednesday following a 14-day preliminary hearing.

He is accused of killing Kelsey Felker, cutting off her head and other body parts and putting her torso in a garbage bin behind his Kitchener apartment building.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...elker-to-go-on-trial-for-first-degree-murder/

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but the accused is being charged with first degree murder. I believe this article provides a bit more detail than previously known.

KITCHENER — A Kitchener man accused of killing a 24-year-old woman and tossing her headless torso in a garbage bin will go on trial for first-degree murder.

Stephen Johnson, 39, was committed to trial on Wednesday following a 14-day preliminary hearing.

He is accused of killing Kelsey Felker, cutting off her head and other body parts and putting her torso in a garbage bin behind his Kitchener apartment building.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/...degree-murder/

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...elker-to-go-on-trial-for-first-degree-murder/

From the link, thanks..

"Kelsey was a fun-loving and good-natured young woman," the letter said. "She always had a smile no matter how difficult the circumstances.

"She deserves to be remembered for the strong and caring person that she was — a birth mother who made a plan for each of her five children with a connection to their birth family forever."

In a 2009 letter Felker wrote, which was intended to be read one day by her first two children, she said: "I love you both very much and I hope you understand I wanted you two to be raised properly, so you had the chance to have a wonderful life. I'm sorry I couldn't do it, but the last thing I was going to do was let you guys live the life I lived."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back