GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
based on the presser *live now* it seems they're having conversation via the media with RH which is a loose quote from Cpl. Moskaluk (sp?). They also think he may has switched cars, and I now believe based on their presser that police believe he may have a helper or two.

based on the presser *live now* it seems they're having conversation via the media with RH which is a loose quote from Cpl. Moskaluk (sp?). They also think he may has switched cars, and I now believe based on their presser that police believe he may have a helper or two.

Did they say that? re helper.

I think he is on his own. Just no one was watching the house when he took kienan back. He probably knows every nook and cranny in the area.

Did they say that? re helper.

I think he is on his own. Just no one was watching the house when he took kienan back. He probably knows every nook and cranny in the area.

No they did NOT say that they believe he has a helper. BUT... if you read between the lines of what htey DID say (they asked for anyone he might be in contact with to HELP HIM COME TURN HIMSELF IN).....

I hope the abductor is shown some mercy by the courts. He showed little Kienan mercy by taking him home safely. I know there are some hideous crimes he will have to answer for, but at least he did not kill him like most seem to do. I think, as an example to others, that should be noted and taken into account by the courts. imoo

(just using this post as a jump off point, not a directed response if it sounds confrontational)

The courts showing this pedophile mercy is what put little Kienan in harms way to begin with. I hope he lives every moment of the rest of his life behind bars where he should have been instead of stalking toddlers like the predator he is.

I think it is amazing that Kienan is alive and returned home. But lets keep in mind two days no one thought there was any rational explanation why he wasn't behind bars for the cabin incident, a property crime, no child actually involved.

He kidnapped a child. He is escalating in behavior and brazeness. Mercy is a luxury his next victim can't afford in my opinion.

WS is a victim/survivor-friendly site, and we have different rules about posting images or video than media or other sites might have.

The WS Rules can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159

I know that, I was wondering why the media was posting his photos but I realize that the media will go against the wishes of police and family regardless, as was noted by SilkySifaka. I don't want Randall to have Kienan's photo and the press has it plastered everywhere.

From what I read, Kienan may have been left outside his house from the car, not sure he was put inside or not. I think that if there had been police cars and such outside, then RH would not have approached, or been scared off if he tried, then god knows what could have happened.

The family was staying across the street at a neighbor's house. When the police got the 911 call at 3am that the boy was returned home, the father saw the activity and lights outside and went to see what was going on (heck, I'd be up all night too if it was my child). This is all just what I recall from reading different articles. It's been personal to me as this involves a friend's buddy.

I'm so very thankful he's home safe. The wheels of justice will catch up with RH. In my opinion he's a predator who should be locked up and given any mental help needed, but not see the light of day ever again. This must be his fifth or sixth strike for pete's sake; no more families should suffer. IMHO MOO etc.

Yes, I noticed that all the media has new photos and new video of Kienan and his siblings as well as the previous photos of Kienan on their sites. What's up with that???
I can't speak for the media outlets' decisions to post the images, but here at WS we've decided to adhere to the family's request to refrain from posting new photos, and to remove the existing images of Kienan from the thread. (And of course, it's never okay to post images of children who are not victims.) Thanks go out to all of you for your cooperation. :tyou:

So the press conference has concluded with not much new information released. The RCMP officer seemed to be on the defensive. Not surprising since it is now obvious that the boy and his abductor (whoever that may be) were right under their noses all along.

It was frustrating to watch because it was difficult to hear the questions being asked (why don't they pass a mic around for these press conferences). Also a good portion of the conference was conducted in French (is this a Francophone community?).

At one point the officer seemed to be taking credit for the boys return when he stated "we recovered the boy". I thought that odd considering the fact that all evidence so far seems to indicate that they were very lucky and the boy practically fell into their laps.

Another thing struck me as odd is when a reporter asked if the boy had been interviewed by police. The officer responded "I don't know if he has, I can't answer that". How could the lead officer not know if the boy was interviewed and if he has why not state that simple fact? Of course if the police haven't interviewed the boy to the extent possible by now (with his parents not present) this would be a major blunder by the police. I don't think the officer was being very honest in his response.

(just using this post as a jump off point, not a directed response if it sounds confrontational)

The courts showing this pedophile mercy is what put little Kienan in harms way to begin with. I hope he lives every moment of the rest of his life behind bars where he should have been instead of stalking toddlers like the predator he is.

I think it is amazing that Kienan is alive and returned home. But lets keep in mind two days no one thought there was any rational explanation why he wasn't behind bars for the cabin incident, a property crime, no child actually involved.

He kidnapped a child. He is escalating in behavior and brazeness. Mercy is a luxury his next victim can't afford in my opinion.

You raise some excellent points. I think, however, that there is more than one way to show mercy. It doesn't necessarily mean putting the public at risk. It may involve which type of facility he goes to and what type of support he receives. I agree that people shouldn't be out and about running around on our streets unsupervised if they pose a risk to society.

Our penal institutions are full of people with mental health issues. I think it is a sign that we are failing a number of them (definitely not all!!!) earlier on in the process. As a society we shun people who are different. We bully them. We ostracize them. I'm not too naive (although I am a bit ;)) as to think this is easily solved or that we won't continue to struggle with this. But that doesn't mean that we should just lock up everyone and provide no assistance to them, where we believe we can truly make a difference. Clearly there are many cases where I believe we can't make a difference.

In all cases, I am in full agreement that we are usually much to soft on crime, particularly here in Canada. But, I don't believe in blanket solutions and each case should be considered based on its own facts.

some of the police were working 16-hour shifts

I don't think they have a need to be defensive and I don't think this is a time to be critical of them

they responded to a crisis the best way they could - they didn't cause the crisis, nor did they allow it to happen

UNBELIEVABLE NEWS!!! OMG!!! Could it get any better than this? :great: :great: :great: :great:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Kienan was assessed by medical personnel and he IS UNHARMED!!!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

((((((((((((((((( HUGS ALL AROUND )))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((( HUG FOR RANDY AS WELL )))))))))))))

some of the police were working 16-hour shifts

I don't think they have a need to be defensive and I don't think this is a time to be critical of them

they responded to a crisis the best way they could - they didn't cause the crisis, nor did they allow it to happen

I have the utmost respect for the RCMP. It was unbelievable listening to that as it was happening! NO they deserve our respect NOT condemnation or criticism........

I wish we could all be there to personally give him a huge big hug. I'd like to think that Kienan feels it and one day will realize how many people searched for him and how many from all over Canada and the USA have prayed he would be found safe and well.

Our prayers were answered. Thank you God for bringing this beautiful child home to his mommy and daddy, brothers and sisters.

:rose:

So the press conference has concluded with not much new information released. The RCMP officer seemed to be on the defensive. Not surprising since it is now obvious that the boy and his abductor (whoever that may be) were right under their noses all along.

It was frustrating to watch because it was difficult to hear the questions being asked (why don't they pass a mic around for these press conferences). Also a good portion of the conference was conducted in French (is this a Francophone community?).

At one point the officer seemed to be taking credit for the boys return when he stated "we recovered the boy". I thought that odd considering the fact that all evidence so far seems to indicate that they were very lucky and the boy practically fell into their laps.

Another thing struck me as odd is when a reporter asked if the boy had been interviewed by police. The officer responded "I don't know if he has, I can't answer that". How could the lead officer not know if the boy was interviewed and if he has why not state that simple fact? Of course if the police haven't interviewed the boy to the extent possible by now (with his parents not present) this would be a major blunder by the police. I don't think the officer was being very honest in his response.

Just wanted to indicate that Cpl. Muskaluk (sp?) has been running all over the area since 3am this morning, I think practically non-stop. This is based on his own indication that the 911 call that the boy would be found at home was received a few mins after 3am and based on the fact that he also said he'd met himself with the family, and watched the boy play with his father and the rest of his family. I'll also point out that at times dispatch was looking for him via the scanner (which I heard myself on the scanner)... with all this in mind, its possible he may NOT know whether the boy has been interviewed as yet. He may have an idea that the child is LIKELY to be interviewed, but may not have first hand knowledge of it as yet.

With that in mind, I'd like to also ask just what kind of interview they'd give a victim of this age, with reportedly limited verbal abilities?? I've worked front line child welfare, and been in on a few child abduction cases (parental abduction is where my experience has been)... and usually, the child is interviewed right off the bat -- b/c at that age, they forget things more quickly!! Also, its more common to have a less intrusive interview -- its possible an interview might have been conducted with police at the station behind a two way mirror, with possibly plain clothes officers (to be less frightening to the child) - or in this case, since he was abducted, they might use the uniformed officers to help the child feel more protected and secure! One has to wonder whether they might attempt to engage him in a play therapy style interview given his limited verbal skills.....

If unharmed means no sexual assault then I think he did want a 'friend' all his own. I find it hard to believe there was no sexual assault though unless it was more what he did to himself while with Kienan. *given some of the things found at the other cabin)

According to authorities and his parents, he was examined by doctors and was "unharmed". I don't know what Hopley did with him since very early morning Wednesday. Maybe he never had the plan we all speculated on.

Maybe he remained in the area and finally gave up when he couldn't find a place to stay and decided to bring Kienan home.

We may know more in the coming days..or not.

In the meantime, I'm just so grateful Kienan is home and well. Hope he got a Happy McDonald meal. :)

Is this suspect walking around with a master key for the area? Is he working in construction as a helper?

I hope he is not free for much longer.

I am thrilled that Kienan is home and able to play. :great:

Big hugs to that child..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads