GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they get him before he takes another child.

IIRC, they released the most recent picture of him the other day and in today's presser he gave the same description.

It will be interesting if and when they release details on how he managed to escape authorities. I'm not criticizing them but it is a mystery. Perhaps they had all their manpower elsewhere? Monitoring his last residence? I keep wondering if they kept searching the area for days because they found footprints and they knew he was still in Sparwood? SAR said there were 2 theories and one of them was Kienan wandering off on his own but now I question if that was indeed the reason they kept looking there?

One thing that Hopley said that was quite chilling in the last court documents was that he always knew what LE was up to (paraphrasing). How does he know?

He probably has a stolen hand held police scanner and monitors all their moves. They haven't located his car nor him and he lets himself in and out of houses with apparent ease. He is a thief and now has stolen the innocence of the community of Sparwood. Think he monitors all the police activity somehow and that he knew the right moment to return Kienan to his home.

I really don't understand why anyone would expect LE to be at the home of the child after 4 days missing? The home was processed as a crime scene and the family was not staying in it. There may have been one or two officers at the command centre but at 3am, I'm sure they weren't out stopping vehicles coming into the neighbourhood. They certainly didn't expect Kienan to come walking home on his own and the fact that RH actually brought him back there is unprecedented and that would be the last place they'd expect to apprehend the suspect. I'm sure they had all available personnel out in the field running down tips. I also think RH was likely using a different car and/or had parked a distance away and walked to the home.

MOO

I really don't understand why anyone would expect LE to be at the home of the child after 4 days missing? The home was processed as a crime scene and the family was not staying in it. There may have been one or two officers at the command centre but at 3am, I'm sure they weren't out stopping vehicles coming into the neighbourhood. They certainly didn't expect Kienan to come walking home on his own and the fact that RH actually brought him back there is unprecedented and that would be the last place they'd expect to apprehend the suspect. I'm sure they had all available personnel out in the field running down tips. I also think RH was likely using a different car and/or had parked a distance away and walked to the home.

MOO

Was it confirmed how LE knew Kienan was home? I know there was discussions on FB stating he called 911 but not sure if that was confirmed or not.

Go to scanner. He has been spotted. They are trying to surround him.

I do have to wonder what he did with Kienan for the days he had him ... and what did Kienan do all that time?

Were they in his car the whole time, or did he take him to a cabin or shack? It's just creepy to me, to wonder what he/they did on those days.

And I do wonder, what Kienan said if anything, to his mom and dad? I mean, I know they said he's not talking well yet, but you would think he would have said something, like bad man ... or I scared. Poor baby ...

But yeah, I'm like shocked, that the abductor brought him home! Totally shocked!!

I am local to this case and can perhaps answer some questions.

Fire away ..

Do you happen to know where OS's trailer is located?

OS has a piece of property backing onto Michel Creek. It is like something you would see on Hoarders. An old mobile home/trailer pieced together with sheet metal and other odds n' ends. Lots of crap on the property, old vehicles, random pieces of machinery, very, very trailer trashy.

Snipped to keep it short:

Allen, who has been following Kienan’s case, said the boy’s return suggests one of two scenarios. Either Kienan’s captor was intimidated by the Amber Alerts, roadblocks, police presence and intense media coverage of the case, or the parents’ emotional appeal on Saturday affected the abductor’s conscience.

Or perhaps someone else is with him or was with him and convinced him to return the child. Someone besides the abductor might have even been the one to return him. I kind of doubt that, but it's a possibility.

He probably has a stolen hand held police scanner and monitors all their moves. They haven't located his car nor him and he lets himself in and out of houses with apparent ease. He is a thief and now has stolen the innocence of the community of Sparwood. Think he monitors all the police activity somehow and that he knew the right moment to return Kienan to his home.

Or that's just some aspect of a psychological issue coming out, thinking LE's always watching him and he knows what they're up to.

Good point. In two other recent cases, LE would go back to the child's home occasionally but they weren't camped out there. Since it's so unheard of for a kidnapped child to be returned, they'd really have no reason to be there and their time would be better spent elsewhere looking for him and following up on leads.

Fire away ..

No questions - just feel great that little Kienan was returned. How often do we say that -- just please return the child and don't kill him/her. I don't presume to know what Kienan went through during the last few days, but he's back where he can hopefully heal.

What REALLY bothers me is: "He has the uncanny ability to get into a house and back out with everyone in it and not only take a child but deliver the child back," he added.

They better find this guy and quick. The next time the child might not be so lucky.

Hugs,

Mel

I noticed that Keinan doesn't look scratched up. Seems like he would be if he had been kept in the woods or riding around on an ATV.

He was only sleeping in boxer shorts when he was kidnapped, according to the media. I wonder what he was wearing when he was returned, and if he was all dirty or seemed to have been cleaned up.

The roadblocks are still in effect throughout the area. Complete vehicle searches. The RCMP look exhausted.

I'm so proud of them! In the back of my mind I think the perp returned little Kienan because of the police presence and all the searching. Now if this would happen in more missing children's cases! I can wish can't I :)

Mel

Fire away ..

Does Keinan's family have dogs? Indoor or outdoor? What about the other family whose home he entered first, the night he took Kienan?

I know that my dogs would hear someone moving around the house and bark like crazy. Our big dog is about 60 lbs, and a man with a small build could squeeze thru her doggie-door.

Is Hopley the type of guy that some people might feel sorry for? Is he well-spoken, or does he come off as being a bit dim, or mentally challenged? Are there folks in the area who might look the other way if he hid out in their shed, our might they give him food or water?

Have you talked to anyone who might have seen Kienan soon after he was returned, and do you know if he was wearing clothes or a jacket or shoes?

I keep having this horrible thought that if he got in the house twice, what's stopping a third time?!

On the off chance that the child had wandered and was on his own in the area and tried to return, they felt he would have been scared off if there were sirens and a lot of big vehicles, media trucks, flashing strobes, etc.

I also believe that the home phone was taken over and rerouted to a LE line in the event that the suspect did try to call the family. There was likely remote surveillance as well.

At some point early yesterday evening, two of the largest Facebook groups were requested to remove any comments which the suspect might perceive as threatening to his safety. LE wanted to make it abundantly clear to the suspect that should he chose to return Kienan, it was safe to do so (he would not be tarred, feather, drawn, and quartered,etc.)

I do not believe the parents had an active role in this child's disappearance. For those who commented about the father's demeanor, there is a reason behind that. He is well versed in dealing with the public, both as a real estate agent and investor. He is likely accustomed to interacting with public officials and media. He did cry - openly and on more than one occasion as did his wife (Kienan's mother) TH. You could see the tears dripping from his chin.

We are all elated that Kienan is home and apparently physically/sexually unharmed. I am in no way minimizing the wrong which was committed or the harm done to this child, his family, and the community in general. But (and a big one at that)....

Randall Hopley's life was pretty much over the moment he was born. He was intellectually disabled, functionally illiterate, and very socially awkward. His mother put him in foster care but kept all of his siblings (how is that for rejection). He did at one time have a birthmark on his forehead near the hairline which was removed surgically, leaving him with obvious scarring on the right side of his face above his cheekbone and eyebrow. He has obviously dysmorphic facial features suggestive of some sort of congenital syndrome in addition to prenatal alcohol exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member