Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boat is bent the wrong way for a grizzly bear to jump on it while they were hiding underneath

Ref: RCMP

I thought about that, too. Its hard to say if it was possible. Depends upon how the boat was positioned (propped up on rocks on one end, propped on end against a tree, etc. etc.). I'm probably grasping at straws with that one but there are so many things that seem unreal about this whole thing already.

That's why I'm really curious as to what Kam told his parents about where they planned to go. We already know Bryer told his father and grandmother different destinations. Was it because they planned to do something criminal, or were plans were constantly changing, or did they not really have a solid plan before departing?

Their actions after the murder do feel like more of an unplanned panic. Burning not one but two vehicles like beacons for LE to know where they have been, and now a boat with items on the shore of the Nelson.

I'm curious about what kind of reasons LE would have to not disclose what sort of items were found.

I just hope they are found soon so that the people in Northern Manitoba can feel safe and normal again. Preferably alive, though, as the victims families and their own families deserve some answers.

I'm wondering if they are not leaving a deliberate trail, like Hansel and Gretel leading their parents to the witch's oven. If they had stopped after the murder of the tourists, I doubt anyone would have put 2 and 2 together. Instead, they left their burning truck and another murder. Then they carried on buying gas across the country to Sundance, Manitoba - more clues. Without the burning Rav4, there was no connection to at least one of the BC murders. Next, items are left on a shore, and a crumpled Jon boat is found downstream of the rapids.

Without their almost deliberate trail, RCMP might still be looking for them as victims near Dease Lake, BC. Will RCMP now assume that they are deceased, or is it still possible that they are navigating Northern Canada on foot?

I found a punt boat online and maybe this is the way the boat found used to look like? In this pic yes there is a partition/seat in the middle but it's down in the boat so ripping it out would not leave the kind of damage as in the boat found IMO.

Attachments

• Boata.jpg
    Boata.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 38
Aluminium Jon boats are designed with three seats, one in the middle, one on each end. Some people remove the middle seat to add more room to the boat - there are instructions online for how to do this and maintain structural integrity. If they removed the middle seat so they could lie flat on the boat, they compromised structural integrity. It's intended for calm waters, to go over rather than cut the wave. It might survive rapids, but not without the middle seat ... opinion.
the middle seat doesn't look purposely removed. the rim of the boat is tore off where the middle seat would be attached on the top edge.

Without their almost deliberate trail, RCMP might still be looking for them as victims near Dease Lake, BC. Will RCMP now assume that they are deceased, or is it still possible that they are navigating Northern Canada on foot?

There would have to be pretty compelling evidence to make the assumption that the suspects are dead. It seems like the RCMP is still acting as though the suspects could be alive and in the area.

Thanks for the wonderful maps otto!

I found a punt boat online and maybe this is the way the boat found used to look like? In this pic yes there is a partition/seat in the middle but it's down in the boat so ripping it out would not leave the kind of damage as in the boat found IMO.

Good Find! That's the boat. There are blogs that explain how to remove the middle seat for bass fishing. I believe the Nelson River is trout spawning. Maybe someone local knows if it is also good for bass fishing.

I'm curious how deep the Lower Limestone rapids were between July 28 and August 2. The dam controls water levels. I'm curious about the Summer water levels outside of spawning season.

I'm wondering if they are not leaving a deliberate trail, like Hansel and Gretel leading their parents to the witch's oven. If they had stopped after the murder of the tourists, I doubt anyone would have put 2 and 2 together. Instead, they left their burning truck and another murder. Then they carried on buying gas across the country to Sundance, Manitoba - more clues. Without the burning Rav4, there was no connection to at least one of the BC murders. Next, items are left on a shore, and a crumpled Jon boat is found downstream of the rapids.

I absolutely agree. That's why I don't think they are flailing around aimlessly, panicking, and making decisions based on fear as some fellow sleuths are thinking. I don't think any of what they have done are "mistakes" from their point of view at least. I don't think every detail of their journey has been planned, however, I do feel like most of it has been intentional--especially the evidence that has been left behind.

If they didn't drown, and are still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if they are following the river. It's quiet enough that they may easily hear helicopters and motor boats, in which case they just need to hide in the bush. Though if they somehow to make it to Port Nelson I don't know what they plan to do then. Revitalize the area for fugitives? None of their actions makes sense.

It is odd that they keep leaving big clues as to where they have been.

Renata D'Aliesio @RenataDAliesio

We know that the damaged rowboat was spotted on Friday afternoon. The only other thing found that day was a red-and-white water container. The RCMP have just said other items linked to the fugitives have since been found along the shoreline #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

1:03 PM · Aug 6, 2019 pst· Twitter for Android

Didn't they most recently say this: "On Aug 2, several items directly linked to the suspects were found on shoreline, 9km along the Nelson River. RCMP Underwater Recovery Team did not find additional items. Roadblock on PR 290 has been removed, but officers remain in the Gillam area."

Or is your info more recent?

source: RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

ignore my post I answered the wrong person. I was not able to delete. Sorry!

Last edited:
the middle seat doesn't look purposely removed. the rim of the boat is tore off where the middle seat would be attached on the top edge.

I can't tell. The two sides of the boat have different types of damage. Maybe it buckled and the seat is at the bottom of the Nelson River? Maybe it was carelessly removed?

upload_2019-8-6_17-55-5.png

All this means is that they were on the bank of the Nelson at some point. That isn’t surprising as a way to avoid walking, probably with no sense of direction, through dense woods.

Some of us have posited that they could have followed the river, going east or west, along the shore, staying just out of sight.

If they managed to find a boat, the river current runs east to Hudson Bay. Gillam resident Clint Sawchuk takes people there in a 21’ jet boat, distance 145km/90 miles. One of his clients has posted a description, and photos, of the trip. The river is clearly passable going east, indeed quite broad in places as it approaches the ocean, and the client says nothing about rapids. Can anyone add further info on whether there is anything that would complicate passage going east?

Note that going west by boat would be against the current.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this means is that they were on the bank of the Nelson at some point. That isn’t surprising as a way to avoid walking, probably with no sense of direction, through dense woods.

Some of us have posited that they could have followed the river, going east or west, along the shore, staying just out of sight.

If they managed to find a boat, the river current runs east to Hudson Bay. Gillam resident Clint Sawchuk takes people there in a 21’ jet boat, distance 145km/90 miles. One of his clients has posted a description, and photos, of the trip. The river is clearly passable going east, indeed quite broad in places as it approaches the ocean, and the client says nothing about rapids. Can anyone add further info on whether there is anything that would complicate passage?

Note that going west by boat would be against the current.

Looks like you can travel that way. I found this article about some who traveled from Gillam.

Making history on the Hudson Bay coast. from Gillam to Seal River in the Oddney II.

If they didn't drown, and are still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if they are following the river. It's quiet enough that they may easily hear helicopters and motor boats, in which case they just need to hide in the bush. Though if they somehow to make it to Port Nelson I don't know what they plan to do then. Revitalize the area for fugitives? None of their actions makes sense.

It is odd that they keep leaving big clues as to where they have been.
Practically speaking, there are only 3 options to travel through that territory:

1. By road

2. By train track

3. By the river - either in it or along the shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?