Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised at the results of the autopsies. Of course, their bodies were not discovered for some time, so the evidence could have been altered or displayed. Everything is falling in place too neatly for my tastes, especially when there were too many lucky breaks, like the 'tip' that tied them to Fowler and Deese. The police couldn't even track their movements into the bush, it was only after more lucky breaks they spotted the bodies? But when you look on the map, their bodies were really only 100-200m from that road, and there are plenty of trails running around there.
As far as I know, the burning RAV4 was found the day they were announced as missing, so they weren't exactly running from the law when they hit the bush, as far as they were concerned (eg. no disguises, casually walking through a store with cameras). So why bother killing yourself? It doesn't make sense, you're gonna run just so you can commit suicide in a bush?
Let's say for arguments sake there was a third person with them, they could have staged the suicides - by drugging them then using the guns - then leaving the weapons with them. Then they could have walked out of that bush easily to a waiting vehicle on the road. Seems a bit too convenient.

Even though I had expected suicide for a while now, I'm still a little surprised to hear it. It doesn't feel like closure, it's just more questions. I wonder how they concealed these weapons, when they were pulled out of the mud in Cold Lake and also at the checkstop. And what type of firearms were these? Also interesting is the RCMP stating that there was evidence they had survived a number of days.. So many questions.

Just a thought. These are two teens that have always been connected to the internet in some form or another, whether it’s gaming, texting, etc. If they were planning any of this, I’m sure they would buy burners or a pay as you go phone so they could stay connected. So, it would been easy for them to pick up the news as they were driving by wifi areas and gas stations. Has a phone been found? Would there be a confession or pictures on it?
Just thinking out loud.
Also, in BS text to his Dad saying they were heading to Alberta, it was around 8:30 in the morning, if I remember correctly. (Sorry can’t find the link). Perhaps they dumped their phones after that. Maybe Kam sent a message to his parents as well? Perhaps they were off the island already if the took the very first ferry out which is almost half off in price, if they were wanting to save money.
My point is, I think they had access to the web. IMO. Sorry for the ramble.

In and around Gillam considering it’s remoteness and low population, I’m certain technology exists to scrutinize data from cell tower dumps or wifi connections, for example if burner phones were a means of communication with another person, which cellphones or devices were connected during certain hours on July 22nd but not hours, days or months before.

Digital footprints are never invisible, it just takes a bit of time to follow them.

The RCMP can also confirm that the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire. While both individuals were deceased for a number of days before they were found, the exact time and date of their deaths are not known. However, there are strong indications that they had been alive for a few days since last seen in July and during the extensive search efforts in the Gillam area.

Police can also confirm that two firearms were also located with the two deceased males and forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations. The Manitoba RCMP have completed their search of the area were the two male bodies were discovered, approximately 8 km from where Mr. Dyck’s burnt RAV4 was located on July 22, 2019.

RCMP in British Columbia - Update – RCMP confirm cause of death and provide update on the Northern BC triple homicide investigations

I’m surprised that they had 2 guns
The surprising thing for me is that they had enough of the two bodies to conduct a full autopsy.
Had expected that wildlife (bears) would have found them and ''scattered" the remains, assumed when LE kept looking, they were trying to collect everything..
Complete speculation, imo.

I think a lot of what you suggest should "change" is already in place.

Health care is free in Canada and it would be hard to make it cheaper. I don't think you can say this all happened because the system failed.

Kids and families in need fall through the cracks every day. The system is better than nothing but there’s a lot of families who feel as though they’ve been failed by it.

Well that officer all but told us with his interview the other day.

The only thing that slightly surprises me, is that these two had two weapons on them (from RCMP statement).

Never mind, before I ask redundant questions I’m going to read back a few pages and all the posts and all the links.

Wow! So I guess they never went into the river after all. Probably after hiding in the bush and hearing the helicopters searching they knew it was the end of the line and committed suicide.

Two firearms also seriously hints at planning and an endgame. But the question remains: why? What put all of this in motion?

Wow! So I guess they never went into the river after all. Probably after hiding in the bush and hearing the helicopters searching they knew it was the end of the line and committed suicide.

Two firearms also seriously hints at planning and an endgame. But the question remains: why? What put all of this in motion?

I still think they may have made an attempt at the river. Perhaps the boat overturned, they escaped but lost their belongings, then ended it.

Interesting that they said multiple firearms found in the vicinity of their bodies. How many did they have, did they specify? Was it two, or more than that? I just briefly heard a bit of the revelations on CBC. I really wonder where the heck they got these guns.

Link please where they said "multiple firearms" I have only read 2 firearms in every report out there.

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
The B.C. RCMP are using the force's behavioural analysis unit to help in the investigation. Mounties say once they've completed their review within the next few weeks, they will be providing the victims' families with an update and then will release info to the public.

1:49 PM - 12 Aug 2019

The RCMP have completed their search of the area where the two bodies were discovered in Northern Manitoba. Investigators are now looking at all personal items RCMP searchers found, which they believe the suspects were carrying.

1:47 PM - 12 Aug 2019

The RCMP say two firearms were found with the two dead men and forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations.

1:45 PM - 12 Aug 2019

BREAKING: The RCMP say autopsies done in Winnipeg on B.C. homicide suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky suggest the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire. Both men were dead for a number of days before they were found.

1:43 PM - 12 Aug 2019

Some people can't work or lose their jobs in these times. Some require therapy, especially those that witness violent crime. The money helps with those things.

Still trying to catch up, but you are exactly right.

They will actually pay compensation, to a max of $50,000 I believe and will pay for appropriate therapy as well. In BC it's called the Criminal Injury Compensation Act. And for those that are wondering, I don't think it matters if the victim's families are out of country. And it isn't limited to just one family member, it includes a spouse, child, sibling, step-sibling, half sibling or parent of the victim or a person who, although not a parent or child of the victim, was like a parent or child to the victim..... so each could receive a payment.

Criminal Injury Compensation Act

I think my suspicions of other parties involved would be put at rest if the police would just release images of them at the various gas stations they were spotted at. If we saw those, we would see not only that they were driving the RAV4, but if they were with any one else. At this point, I still feel that someone could have been with them, perhaps met them after murdering Deese and Folwer, convinced them to ditch Kam's truck, then led them on a trip into Manitoba to the Nelson river area, then into the bush, then murdered them and staged it to be a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid