Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were two friends who committed crimes that required no additional people.

What is the basis for believing that there is a third party involved?

Only two men were seen in the video that has been released.

Each encounter involved people allegedly spotting just two people.

Two bodies were found.

Could LIKE this a million times! so many people out there see conspiracies at every turn, no matter what the evidence shows!

Sorry...wanted to reply more quickly, but I had to do some actual work for a few minutes. Apparently, I'm not getting paid to read/respond to WS all day...

Yes, my law pusher next door (the first consult is always free!) says that most provincial laws regarding wrongful deaths have ceiling clauses for how much a complainant can seek in the suit. Here in Alberta it's $50,000.00. He doesn't know what BC's statute says.

My law guy said he has worked a couple of wrongful death cases here in Alberta. If a family wanted to pursue such a suit, they would of course have to have evidence of the link of the suspects to the crime. Alberta allows for a hearing process that can ascertain the basic facts of the case...he had one here in Edmonton that was a wrongful death action against the city and the prison guards for a young offender who "fell" down an elevator shaft at the court house while in custody.

In terms of the things like if KM was given the gun by a family member, a complainant would have to provide evidence that it was 'reasonably foreseeable' that that gun would be used in the commission of a crime in order to then find fault with someone beyond KM.

And @otto, my guy does not know about victim's services and the eligibility of foreign families to use their services or gain access to victim funds...sorry.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for looking into victim services benefits. I suppose, to some degree, victim's services should be available to victims in their own provinces and countries and not necessarily in the place where they die.

Has he really said anything to warrant public shaming though? Imo he's apologetic and seems to be trying to make sense of it all and just give some insights. He has the right to speak about his opinions and feelings. Although some people might disagree with the way he's conducted himself, he really hasn't done anything wrong. He isn't responsible for his adult son's decisions and actions. He also has some issues of his own, and as someone else said before, he might not know how to communicate about this situation eloquently and people are perceiving his outspokenness negatively. Also remember the media is taking advantage of this.
Jmo

Has he really said anything to warrant public shaming though?

Kudos boys is questionable at best.
I haven't seen the show so can't comment further on content of interview. I stand by my post though.

Imo he's apologetic
Yet in denial that his son committed these murders until he's presented evidence. An expected reaction from a parent but one that may have rendered his apology dubious, perhaps insulting, to the victim's families.

He has the right to speak about his opinions and feelings
Likewise, the public has the right to respond, favorably or not.

He also has some issues of his own
Indeed he does yet doesn't appear to fully realize it

Also remember the media is taking advantage of this.

So is AS ($$$$)

It will be interesting to see if any of the possessions found with them include some sort of statements from them, written or recorded. Might they have wanted to leave an apology to their families and those of their victims? Brag about their ability to evade capture? Or taunt the world by withholding the why and the how of their actions--a final expression of their power? Because, when all is said and done, isn't the use of such violence on inoffensive strangers--and ultimately on themselves--a desperate way to say the the world, "Look at me! I'm in control here!" ?

More like fishy. These guys didn't continue to kill people on the alleged murder spree they were on. We also don't know the method of death for Leonard Dyck.

Well, there isn't a motive for these two to suddenly murder three individuals, then drive east to kill themselves. However, if someone murdered the couple, then gained the trust of BS and KM, they could then pin the murder on them.
BS and KM were hanging around the area of the Fowler and Deese murder for 4 days. Why didn't they just run then? Were they waiting for the police or someone to finger them for the murders? And just to make sure they'd be connected, they decided to burn their own truck, murder Leonard Dyck and drive HIS car across the country?

Using normal logic to understand the minds of two killers, simply doesn’t work.

They don’t think like us.

Please be nice to me, i'm not an english native speaker, there's a big chance i'm misinterpreting the sentence... but isn't "what appears to be suicides by gunfire" inconclusive?
To me (as non-english native speaker) it sounds like the cause of death was by gunshots but they are not sure yet who fired the guns.

JMO

It means that all the evidence points to suicide by gunfire but a human has come to this conclusion. Short of being God Who Knows All Things, the results are always worded in this quasi conclusive manner.

They were in this together, so I’m not surprised.

If one of them tried to blame the other (dead one), it wouldn’t have worked anyway.

I think ballistics would have destroyed that opportunity, and proven that two guns were used in the Fowler/Deese murders.

They both committed horrific crimes, even if only one of them was the killer (which I don’t believe).
I believed right from the beginning that they wanted to experience what it would be like to take someone's life - to hold that power over them. To make their game fantasies come true and then off themselves. You could just envision the whole way it would go down. I think they were dead quite a while already before being discovered. Even more disturbing is knowing it's 2 guns. I figured it was only one. Man! Hard to wrap one's head around.

Please be nice to me, i'm not an english native speaker, there's a big chance i'm misinterpreting the sentence... but isn't "what appears to be suicides by gunfire" inconclusive?
To me (as non-english native speaker) it sounds like the cause of death was by gunshots but they are not sure yet who fired the guns.

JMO
I read this as they're not sure yet as to whether they shot each other, which would be murder or that they shot themselves which would be suicide. But it appears at this stage that they shot themselves.

How likely do you think they would have been listening to CBC? That kinda makes me laugh thinking about it. Radio 1 is available, but they'd more than likely have had to search for it. As for cell service/wifi, it would be spotty, at best, but mostly non-existent, I think.

List of radio stations in Manitoba - Wikipedia
Actually, there are at least two high speed internet providers in Guillam which is considered to be a "connected community". Gillam - CommStream

It's still more a 'lack there of' for me.
It’s coming, they’ve promised as much.

My concern was that they would keep quiet about many of the specifics, but that doesn’t appear that is going to be the case.

When they do release the information in a couple weeks, that’ll be the time to determine if it is satisfactory or not.

I was pleasantly surprised that they released as much as they did in that statement today:

Cause of death.

Tentative time of death.

Two guns.

67730_feature-update-eng.jpg

The Manitoba Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies and confirmed that the two deceased men located in Manitoba on August 7, 2019 were Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. Their next of kin have been notified and they have been offered support.

The RCMP can also confirm that the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire. While both individuals were deceased for a number of days before they were found, the exact time and date of their deaths are not known. However, there are strong indications that they had been alive for a few days since last seen in July and during the extensive search efforts in the Gillam area.

Police can also confirm that two firearms were also located with the two deceased males and forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations. The Manitoba RCMP have completed their search of the area were the two male bodies were discovered, approximately 8 km from where Mr. Dyck’s burnt RAV4 was located on July 22, 2019.

Investigators are now assessing all items located in Manitoba, along with the previous findings related to the three northern BC homicide investigations, in order to gain more clarity into what happened to Leonard Dyck, Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese. The assessment will review all the investigative findings to date, whether it is statements, evidentiary time lines, physical or digital evidence, and the BC RCMP have also have engaged our Behavioural Analysis Unit (BAU).

The BC RCMP commits that once we have completed that review within the next few weeks, we will be providing the families with an update with respect to the totality of the investigations and then releasing the information publicly.

RCMP in British Columbia - Update – RCMP confirm cause of death and provide update on the Northern BC triple homicide investigations

"...forensic analysis is underway in order to definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern BC homicide investigations..."
Is there a reason why the RCMP didn't state these 2 guns have been confirmed through forensic analysis as being the guns used in the deaths of BS and KM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname