Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BS had asked for that cologne for a 19th birthday or school leaving present, I don't find it surprising that his father would give it to him. It seems more economical than some of the gifts kids get now for becoming an adult. (Stand-up paddleboards, all-expenses-paid trips out of the country, etc.)

I won't get into him paying for his own suit, but I will say that in some schools, a new suit is a gift from parents. For girls, prom dresses costing bridal gown prices are the norm.

Yes, $100 sounds very reasonable in those circumstances.

With cologne he may have graduated from Axe Body Spray...the shower alternative for teen boys. Just as an aside, not sure how many here are aware that perfume and cologne can also make an excellent mosquito repellent. Perhaps BS was dousing himself heavily along the Nelson! May have kept the mosquitos at bay, but may have also acted as a pheromone for a randy bear! Law of unintended consequences.

Eau de repellent? Victoria's Secret perfume turns off mosquitoes

Last edited:
I saw someone brought up that the airsoft gun did not have an orange tip (they are required to have one so police and others dont mistake it for a real gun)...I have a neighbor who "plays" with his airsoft gun in our nearby fields (he is an adult btw) and he took black paint and painted over the orange tip! I saw him shooting one day and commented something like "omg..you are shooting this out here?" and he told me what he had done. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever...I told him "good lord, someone is going to call the cops on you because they will think its a real gun!" he just laughed.
We are an open carry state, but you just cant go around shooting a real gun in some grassy field in a suburban neighborhood....dumb *advertiser censored**!

Where or when have the police actually put out confirmation that Mcleod/Schmegelsky were at Liard Hot Springs on the 15th. The only police confirmed sighting was the jade store on July 18th.

RCMP have said the suspects are suspected of murdering the tourist on July 15. The only way that is possible is that the suspects were with the tourists, 20km S of Liard Hot Springs, on July 15.

With cologne he may have graduated from Axe Body Spray...the shower alternative for teen boys. Just as an aside, not sure how many here are aware that perfume and cologne can also make an excellent mosquito repellent. Perhaps BS was dousing himself heavily along the Nelson! May have kept the mosquitos at bay, but may have also acted as a pheromone for a randy bear!

Eau de repellent? Victoria's Secret perfume turns off mosquitoes
LOL That's very interesting. I am very sensitive to both perfume/cologne and know little about it so had no idea it could help ward off bugs.

The note was on BS's Mom's house in Port Alberni, not on AS's van window.

IMO AS's hair colour has to be the most insignificant point of discussion in this whole case.
Lol ok was just wondering carry on. You have an opinion and so do I thx

RCMP have said the suspects are suspected of murdering the tourist on July 15. The only way that is possible is that the suspects were with the tourists, 20km S of Liard Hot Springs, on July 15.

It's the wording.
"They were near Liard Hot Springs on July 15" makes it sound like you are stating a fact. As RCMP have not actually said they were near there, they have just stated that they are suspects in their murders, it really isn't a fact. It's a possibility.

I saw someone brought up that the airsoft gun did not have an orange tip (they are required to have one so police and others dont mistake it for a real gun)...I have a neighbor who "plays" with his airsoft gun in our nearby fields (he is an adult btw) and he took black paint and painted over the orange tip! I saw him shooting one day and commented something like "omg..you are shooting this out here?" and he told me what he had done. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever...I told him "good lord, someone is going to call the cops on you because they will think its a real gun!" he just laughed.
We are an open carry state, but you just cant go around shooting a real gun in some grassy field in a suburban neighborhood....dumb *advertiser censored**!

In Canada an airsoft isn’t required to have an orange tip, but it’s a legal requirement to have one on when importing one into Canada. The type of airsoft Bryer had could certainly have regulations regarding transport and usage etc.

Oh ok. AS is homeless? He seems to have nice clothes on in some interviews so maybe someone is helping him $ wise. Just something I found weird and how he seems to change in the various pics in a month period from when this case first broke is all, thx
I think when most of us think of someone who is homeless, we think of someone literally living on the street. But I don't think his situation of living in a van and having a job and apparently some disposable income to buy things for his son is necessarily unusual. I know of people who live in their vehicles and work. They are certainly homeless, but they're always clean and their clothing, though not fancy, looks nice. I don't know the full story behind why he has been living in a van for a couple of years, but I wonder if he doesn't make enough to cover rent, but his income, without that concern, is okay for meeting his other needs.

It does make me wonder if this is one reason he is willing to keep doing interviews. I know someone mentioned that 60 Minutes Australia pays for exclusives. If true, that decision might have been somewhat pragmatic on his part.

All MOO.

I think when most of us think of someone who is homeless, we think of someone literally living on the street. But I don't think his situation of living in a van and having a job and apparently some disposable income to buy things for his son is necessarily unusual. I know of people who live in their vehicles and work. They're always clean and their clothing, though not fancy, looks nice. I don't know the full story behind why he has been living in a van for a couple of years, but I wonder if he doesn't make enough to cover rent, but his income, without that concern, is okay for meeting his other needs.

It does make me wonder if this is one reason he is willing to keep doing interviews. I know someone mentioned that 60 Minutes Australia pays for exclusives. If true, that decision might have been somewhat pragmatic on his part.

All MOO.

Working homeless are becoming very common in the west. People can't afford rent, even with a job.

It's the wording.
"They were near Liard Hot Springs on July 15" makes it sound like you are stating a fact. As RCMP have not actually said they were near there, they have just stated that they are suspects in their murders, it really isn't a fact. It's a possibility.

RCMP have stated as a fact that Kam and Bryer are the only suspects in the murders of the tourists. The only way that is possible when RCMP believe that the suspects were at the murder scene on July 15.

1. $100 Cologne is what we pay in Canada for decent cologne instead of knock-offs, I have to say when my son was that age, I actually went with him and taught him the difference between buying decent cologne - simply because he would be dating (and I'm anal about getting good stuff because the cheap stuff doesn't work, last etc) . I actually thought it was kind of his dad to be bringing him something like that.
2. Looks like airsofts are the 'topic' this morning - what I'm surprised about is that no here has noticed or picked up on the vid clip of Bryer with the airsoft, being filmed at Kam McLeod's home property.
3. I said it the first interview and will say again, IMHO it's rare a parent of a murder suspect will speak frankly and genuinely with media. It gives great insight into how a parent of a 'most hated son' in Canada is trying to understand something so un-understable. I don't feel anger at this father who was denied access to his only child for 8 years, trying to build a relationship with his son already a teen the past 2 years as best as he could on a once every 2 week likely brief visit. While the mom who fought for sole custody seemed somewhere along the way to drop the ball on raising him. In his personally family life it's like Bryer was a "castaway" through no fault of his own. I do find it increasingly curious on why the Mcleod parents are so intent on keeping everything quiet - they issue 1 statement, but I have not seen one word from them at leasting offering an apology to the deceased victim families. This is where I give AS more respect, in that he shows tearful sorry apology for the families - and is 'homeless' - while McLeods are silent in there home at Sproat Lake. It gives the impression 1. If the Mcleods stay silent - it makes their boy look good and Bryer a tossed around boy look like the bad guy. 2. It also exposes them down the road to disdain from the public when the real truths will start coming out.
"Bryer may have had some family and internal issues - but the Mcleod family gave Bryer a venue to create illusion or disillusion.

We noticed your IP address is from Canada. If you're importing to Canada please keep in mind that airsofts gun shipping to Canada must shoot between 366 and 500 FPS with 0.20g BBs.

Unfortunately, airsoft guns that do not meet those specifications are not allowed in Canada.

Just to note this is the legal requirements for the airsoft AS purchased. Depending on your location/IP address you might get the pop-up notice too.
Airsoft Guns, Gear, & Accessories at Great Prices | Airsoft Station

ACCORDING TO AUS 9NEWS - LEONARD DYCK WAS SHOT

Aug 11, 2019

"I never gave him a real gun. I never gave him a gun that would kill someone."

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod were wanted over the deaths of three people, including Australian man Lucas Fowler and his American girlfriend, Chynna Deese.

They were connected to the crimes after local university Professor Leonard Dyck was found shot dead on the side of a highway in regional far north Canada. bbm

Dad of Lucas Fowler's alleged killer gave son rifle 'for play'

ETA: AUS news were first to report that Lucas and Chynna were shot dead. After this report, RCMP announced the couple died of gun violence.
Perhaps RCMP will now confirm the same about Leonard Dyck.

Why would the RCMP share the details of Dr Dyck's death with Mr Fowler? They would be given to Mrs Dyck, who has requested privacy while the family grieves. It has been reported several times in this forum that the family requested Dr Dyck's cause of death not be made public.

1. $100 Cologne is what we pay in Canada for decent cologne instead of knock-offs, I have to say when my son was that age, I actually went with him and taught him the difference between buying decent cologne - simply because he would be dating (and I'm anal about getting good stuff because the cheap stuff doesn't work, last etc) . I actually thought it was kind of his dad to be bringing him something like that.
2. Looks like airsofts are the 'topic' this morning - what I'm surprised about is that no here has noticed or picked up on the vid clip of Bryer with the airsoft, being filmed at Kam McLeod's home property.
3. I said it the first interview and will say again, IMHO it's rare a parent of a murder suspect will speak frankly and genuinely with media. It gives great insight into how a parent of a 'most hated son' in Canada is trying to understand something so un-understable. I don't feel anger at this father who was denied access to his only child for 8 years, trying to build a relationship with his son already a teen the past 2 years as best as he could on a once every 2 week likely brief visit. While the mom who fought for sole custody seemed somewhere along the way to drop the ball on raising him. In his personally family life it's like Bryer was a "castaway" through no fault of his own. I do find it increasingly curious on why the Mcleod parents are so intent on keeping everything quiet - they issue 1 statement, but I have not seen one word from them at leasting offering an apology to the deceased victim families. This is where I give AS more respect, in that he shows tearful sorry apology for the families - and is 'homeless' - while McLeods are silent in there home at Sproat Lake. It gives the impression 1. If the Mcleods stay silent - it makes their boy look good and Bryer a tossed around boy look like the bad guy. 2. It also exposes them down the road to disdain from the public when the real truths will start coming out.
"Bryer may have had some family and internal issues - but the Mcleod family gave Bryer a venue to create illusion or disillusion.
Well said.

Yep if google perfume and mosquitos, you'll get tons of articles

But he did not collect the cologne from his father. IMO, this is more indicative of a person who no longer has need for material things.

There are far cheaper bath oils that are part of common folklore about repelling biting insects. If he wanted $100 cologne for this purpose, he would have collected it. But DEET is cheaper and more effective, available at Walmart.

I believe that a decision was made after BS made the request for the cologne, but before his father arrived with it. Why request a gift if you already know you will never use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname