Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, of course not. I didn't intend for anyone to make that connection. Rather, the thought came to me that although the father claims there was a loving bond between himself and his son, there are doubts in my mind. Did BS choose people who were sleeping in their vehicles because of some kind of rage against his father who lived that way, his father who had a "home" that had no place for his son? BS had no mercy for others who lived in their vehicles. They were his target twice .. or rather three times.

Good thinking. I don't necessarily think he was angry at his dad, but angry about his life in general. He probably angry that he was separated from his father, angry about the book his father was going to publish, angry at his mother for keeping him from his dad and forcing him back to Port Alberni. I wouldn't even put it past him to feel guilty because his father is living in a van and still making an effort to see him, and buy him things.

Oh, of course not. I didn't intend for anyone to make that connection. Rather, the thought came to me that although the father claims there was a loving bond between himself and his son, there are doubts in my mind. Did BS choose people who were sleeping in their vehicles because of some kind of rage against his father who lived that way, his father who had a "home" that had no place for his son? BS had no mercy for others who lived in their vehicles. They were his target twice .. or rather three times.

Yes, very plausible. Also, in my experience, young men who witness abuse against the mother in early childhood can grow to despise both parents, considering them to be weak and ineffectual, which places themselves in an imaginary position of power and dominance; they may also be abusive to, or dismissive of, the mother, because males will model their behaviour toward females on their father's actions, and attitude toward the mother. Also, grandmothers seem to be an exception, as their grandsons can often do no wrong in their eyes, which feeds directly into the boy's already over-inflated ego

I do think 'vicki' was meant to be vicpd, which he uses elsewhere. That's the Victoria Police Department, just in case anyone is wondering.

That doesn't seem to make it make any more sense, though. But the 'hotel' could be a reference to jail.

I wondered too if Vicki was in reference to the Victoria Police Department but hadn’t seen him write that anywhere else. He obviously feels he imparted pertinent information at that meeting that was subsequently ignored, leading to the events that followed.

I wondered too if Vicki was in reference to the Victoria Police Department but hadn’t seen him write that anywhere else. He obviously feels he imparted pertinent information at that meeting that was subsequently ignored, leading to the events that followed.

As to the bolded portion above, I agree he probably 'feels' that way. But is it reality?

I am leaning towards him being unrealistic and histrionic, if not downright irrationally paranoid at times. JMO

But, yes, I'm with you, I'd love to know if something happened that made them decide to stop talking and start acting.
sbm
I wonder when BS found out the date Red-Flagged was being "published??? Maybe this wasn't the trigger, but it makes sense to me. I remember wanting to <teenage overdrama>"kill!my!self!"</teenage overdrama>and feeling SO vulnerable and betrayed over so much less than a tell all book about my family. That could be the date.

I wonder when (or even if) they gave 2-weeks notice??? That could be the date.

I wonder if KM's family knows of another trigger???

At first, it was said that he had searched the car and had seen maps and survival gear. It was then contradicted later and he only had seen a suit and 2 boxes.

How teen fugitives’ road trip to hell unfolded

That story sounded bizarre to me (I am sure it's real though). JMO of course. But who has to drive after two teenage boys who refused to stop at a check point, realise they look nervous and paranoid but then doesn't check the boot or the boxes for alcohol?

Although, who knows what would have happened if had done it, so, I guess it's a good thing he didn't. It was his lucky day, I'm happy nothing happened.

IIRC there were two men
one saw the maps; the other saw the suit and boxes

Sometimes they are 'made.' Often though, it is genetic. It can be an inherited trait. It's possible that BS inherited his father's personality. JMO

someone posted this earlier in the thread:

sociopaths are made
psychopaths are born

I don't know if it's true but it's interesting in relation to these two murderers

As to the bolded portion above, I agree he probably 'feels' that way. But is it reality?

I am leaning towards him being unrealistic and histrionic, if not downright irrationally paranoid at times. JMO
Yes so is he now suggesting the Victoria PD is responsible for the 5 deaths? My God.

I'd say that talking about it was the first step of the plan, IMO, even if it was just hypothetical. I've never talked about hurting/murdering someone with any of my friends. Ever.

Well, yeah. But that being said, probably for every 1,000 people who seriously consider committing murder, including mass murder, 999 of them never take any concrete steps to make that happen (*this is just a figure of speech and not meant to be actual statistics).

I don't think they took any concrete steps to make it happen until a couple of days before. But I think it's possible that it was their "Plan B" for a while. Like "if we decide we don't want to live anymore, this is what we're going to do on our way out."

But, yes, I'm with you, I'd love to know if something happened that made them decide to stop talking and start acting.

Going by the general research on spree killers, it most likely did.

sbm
I wonder when BS found out the date Red-Flagged was being "published??? Maybe this wasn't the trigger, but it makes sense to me. I remember wanting to <teenage overdrama>"kill!my!self!"</teenage overdrama>and feeling SO vulnerable and betrayed over so much less than a tell all book about my family. That could be the date.

The timing seems way too coincidental for it to not be related. And I agree it could have triggered a rage spiral and could explain why he lied to his dad specifically and stopped talking to his dad before the rest of his family. Also if, as his dad said in that Youtube comment, he really was wearing a shirt his dad gave him in the "last will and testament" video...symbolism!

(Also LOL at the idea of "teenage overdrama" being an HTML element.)

I wonder when (or even if) they gave 2-weeks notice??? That could be the date.

I don't think they even did give two weeks notice. I think they just took off.

I wonder if KM's family knows of another trigger???

It's possible. Or even some kind of idea of him going into a downward spiral in the time leading up to this.

It's possible. Or even some kind of idea of him going into a downward spiral in the time leading up to this.

I think they were likely clueless. I believe if they had any inkling he was suicidal and/or not emotionally in his right mind they would have tried to keep him home instead of letting him go up north.

SteamID » Kam steam | STEAM_0:1:60761922 | 76561198081789573
SteamID » Bryer steam | STEAM_0:1:156258444 | 76561198272782617

Something I found interesting was the last activity on their steam accounts - July 12, 3 days before the deaths of L&C.

Steam has a setting for it to start up when your computer is turned on, being avid steam gamers I assume they had this setting on. I wonder what they were doing in the 3-5 days before the first murders.

<modsnip: Sleuthing non POI/suspect is not allowed>

Also - Kams profile visibility settings were changed to "Friends only" on the 23 of July?? Can anyone here confirm this? If you set your chat visibility settings to "Offline" on steam it does not record you signing in, so it is possible he could have signed in into the steam app on his phone and changed his profile visibility settings while being offline to friends. Could just be a website error as well though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam has a setting for it to start up when your computer is turned on, being avid steam gamers I assume they had this setting on. I wonder what they were doing in the 3-5 days before the first murders.

They were likely driving as they left on the twelfth and the North don't have reliable wifi.

I think they were likely clueless. I believe if they had any inkling he was suicidal and/or not emotionally in his right mind they would have tried to keep him home instead of letting him go up north.

Well clearly they didn't know the extent of it. But they could have known that he had some kind of depression or seemed more "down" or irritable lately, but thought it was mild, or situational, or something. Maybe they even thought the trip would help with that. Or maybe they noticed something (like maybe a comment or joke he made) that didn't seem that concerning at the time, but in hindsight was like "wait a second...."

Well clearly they didn't know the extent of it. But they could have known that he had some kind of depression or seemed more "down" or irritable lately, but thought it was mild, or situational, or something. Maybe they even thought the trip would help with that. Or maybe they noticed something (like maybe a comment or joke he made) that didn't seem that concerning at the time, but in hindsight was like "wait a second...."

True!

Also - Kams profile visibility settings were changed to "Friends only" on the 23 of July?? Can anyone here confirm this? If you set your chat visibility settings to "Offline" on steam it does not record you signing in, so it is possible he could have signed in into the steam app on his phone and changed his profile visibility settings while being offline to friends. Could just be a website error as well though.

That’s interesting since it’s around the same time Bryer’s IG profile pic changed.

But if he was last online on the 12th how did he change his settings?

As I said he might have just changed his chat visibility settings to "offline" on the 12th and it wouldn't record him logging in from that point onward, but he would still be able to change settings etc. For example on my steam profile it says my last login date was over 300 days ago, even though I use it regularly to play games. I just have my chat settings set to "offline".

As I said he might have just changed his chat visibility settings to "offline" on the 12th and it wouldn't record him logging in from that point onward, but he would still be able to change settings etc. For example on my steam profile it says my last login date was over 300 days ago, even though I use it regularly to play games. I just have my chat settings set to "offline".
Can you change that setting from your phone? Because I'm assuming his computer burned in the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname