GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Exactly...

Even if it was "normal" for her to go on late night drives in the country by herself, what was definitely not normal is the fact she "accidentally" forgot her cell phone...the time she did not return.

Wow, I am a tiny bit surprised. And I've been a member here since '05 or '06 so nothing surprises me. What a brazen act by the man described by friends as her soul mate. It certainly explains him hiding behind his PTSD diagnosis and staying quiet.

That PTSD didn't seem to have been a problem before. The "Castle Greyskull" FB says, paraphrased, any SCA members are welcome to crash there, just call ahead and bring a sleeping bag. Seems someone with severe PTSD wouldn't want strangers crashing at his place.

Can't say I am surprised by this one.

Not true love after all. Or maybe too true.

I am so sick of all the innocent victims, robbed of their lives by madmen.

Rest in Peace, Melissa. Good-God the betrayal.

:(

Husband questioned after wife's stabbed body found in ravine

Police sources say Howard Richmond, 50, came to the station Friday morning on his own accord and is being interviewed as a suspect.

He has been detained, but not charged.

A police search was also conducted at one of the two houses the Richmonds own in Winchester, located south of the city.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/08/20130802-132337.html

Not exactly.

Melissa went missing late Wednesday night.

Her car was found in/near a Denny's parking lot on Friday night by a Denny's employee who recognized her plates (she was a regular).

Her body was found in the ravine in front of Kelsey's. Kelsey's is actually closer to the main street (Bank), more than Denny's, so it seems.

The 2 restaurants are across from each other, with alot of parking in between.

I wish we knew the exact location her car was found, because I am speculating that her car was not close to the Denny's like she was going to go in the restaurant.

JMO

BBM:

I wonder why it took the Denny's employee two days to report the car.

Howard's post on his Facebook wall on Tuesday, July 30th:

Howard Richmond
Tuesday via mobile

My Melissa has left this world... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth.

Does anyone know which house the search warrant is being conducted at?

Was Greyskull located south of the city?

I feel very sorry for their group of SCA friends who will ultimately feel the shards of this betrayal the most, I feel. JMO

So sorry for this having happened.

Howard's post on his Facebook wall on Tuesday, July 30th:

Howard Richmond
Tuesday via mobile

My Melissa has left this world... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth.

Defiantly a strange post for someone who just lost their wife.

JMO

...it's so alarming she left without it.

Driving alone in such a remote area at that time of night, I'd be extra conscientious to bring my cell, even if I was just going to the local Tim's. I'm sure we all have forgotten our cell at one time or another when going somewhere, but the fact it just so happened on that night, is something that will be heavily investigated.

To me, it just seems way too coincidental; too convenient that her last movements be unknown, untraceable by cell phone location.

This is a very serious red flag that police will be all over.

Statistics suggest the odds are overwhelming that it is not likely a random attack and rather someone she knew.

As I've said all along since the first page, the "forgotten" cell phone (as the husband claimed) was the biggest issue to me. (other than being the husband and the last person to see her alive)

He hasn't been charged, so we'll have to wait and see what transpires next.

Canadian LE have done a fantastic job in this case.

Thank-you, LE.

Justice for Melissa

1297447963555_ORIGINAL.jpg

1297447963522_ORIGINAL.jpg

1297447963376_ORIGINAL.jpg

1297447963466_ORIGINAL.jpg

Police have arrested Howard Richmond, 50, in the stabbing death of his 28-year-old “LadyWife” Melissa, whose body was found Sunday in a ravine near the South Keys shopping centre.

In a media release, police say a 50-year-old Winchester man will appear in court Saturday to face a charge of murder.

Police sources told the Sun that Richmond, a warrant officer in the Canadian Armed Forces, came to the 474 Elgin St. police station Friday morning on his own accord.

As he was being interviewed, a police search is also being conducted at one of the two houses the Richmonds own in Winchester.

His wife’s funeral is to take place at CFB Petawawa Saturday morning. It is not known if today’s developments will change any of that.

Melissa’s car was found July 26 in the parking lot at the South Keys shopping centre. It was not far from the spot where her partially clothed and stabbed body was found in a wooded a ravine along Bank St. on Sunday.

Police sources believe she was killed very near to where she was found.

Results of a postmortem have not been made public, except to say that the body had a number of stab wounds.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/08/02/cops-question-husband-in-melissa-richmond-murder

As I've said all along since the first page, the "forgotten" cell phone (as the husband claimed) was the biggest issue to me. (other than being the husband and the last person to see her alive)

He hasn't been charged, so we'll have to wait and see what transpires next.

This statement in particular, along with a few other things, got my suspicions up.

He made very sure to make sure CBC knew that he was "being treated for PTSD".

I can hear his defense lawyer already. :notgood:

While speaking with the CBC's Judy Trinh, Richmond said his wife has been there for him as he is receiving treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.

"I don't know if CBC knows but I'm going through treatment for PTSD." he said, overcome by tears.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...nsify-search-for-richmond-murder-suspect.html

I don't know about her being killed very near to where she was found.

WTF?

Maybe they actually DID find the murder weapon in the Chesterville area.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back