GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

She absolutely should still be in prison, and for life.

Can you imagine being one of her kids... one day googling "Karla Homolka" and discovering who mom really is?
Who your aunt was?

Ugh. In any case, yes, people do in fact know where she lives at all times.
There actually used to be a site that documented her every move, every address, etc.
Unsure if it still exists but it would be pretty easy to locate current info on her.

People must know, she has a distant look.
She might have started out as a victim of her controlling boyfriend but at some point, she crossed over into becoming a serial killer herself.
The minute he talked about wanting to rape her little sister should have been the moment she went home told her parents and filed a restraining order.

I guess his parents both died. It will be interesting to see if the house sells. They listed it for $200,000 more on October 31 according to HouseSigma.

I know a few people in Scarborough who are trying to sell homes and they didn't belong to a horrible murderer. Not many houses are selling right now.

Personally, I think the listed price is reflecting the fact that the home's history includes that a murderer grew up there. Most of the homes in that area of Guildwood would probably be hovering around one million bucks. Realtors in Ontario are under no obligation to tell potential homeowners that the property housed a killer, or whether deaths, natural, murder or suicide happened on the property. Even without that disclosure I'm sure its history is common knowledge.

Closer to the shore the homes are much larger and are in the 2 million plus price point.

Personally, I think the listed price is reflecting the fact that the home's history includes that a murderer grew up there. Most of the homes in that area of Guildwood would probably be hovering around one million bucks. Realtors in Ontario are under no obligation to tell potential homeowners that the property housed a killer, or whether deaths, natural, murder or suicide happened on the property. Even without that disclosure I'm sure its history is common knowledge.

Closer to the shore the homes are much larger and are in the 2 million plus price point.
I agree. And the house itself and the property is nice with a big backyard.

I'm surprised it sold considering the way the market is, and for that amount of money. Can't imagine stepping foot in it. For $925, I don't expect it to be a teardown.
Only billionaire families can afford to demolish million dollar homes homes to bury bad memories. But considering today's ultra inflated real estate market, $925 mill isn't much in Toronto.

Only billionaire families can afford to demolish million dollar homes homes to bury bad memories. But considering today's ultra inflated real estate market, $925 mill isn't much in Toronto.
In Guildwood right now, similar homes are listing for around 1 million. I'll keep an eye on it when I'm down there.

I'm surprised it sold considering the way the market is, and for that amount of money. Can't imagine stepping foot in it. For $925, I don't expect it to be a teardown.
Toronto house prices are not cheap. $925,000 is actually a good deal for that neighbourhood and area. There are people who aren't turned off by past residents, not when housing options are tight.

Where I live, real estate agents/sellers are required to tell the buyer of any potential issues such as the house being: a former gang territory, former meth lab, murder site, or anything notorious that would attract people (i.e. a home where Paul and Karla has murdered victims), etc.

Toronto house prices are not cheap. $925,000 is actually a good deal for that neighbourhood and area. There are people who aren't turned off by past residents, not when housing options are tight.

Where I live, real estate agents/sellers are required to tell the buyer of any potential issues such as the house being: a former gang territory, former meth lab, murder site, or anything notorious that would attract people (i.e. a home where Paul and Karla has murdered victims), etc.
He didn't murder them in that house, this is where he lived before he moved to St. Catherines. He was the Scarborough rapist at this time but the rapes didn't occur at the house. That makes me wonder if anything had to be disclosed.

Bbm 100% agree, you are so right. I watched all kinds of crazy sales last year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back