CANADA Canada - Rachel Pernosky, 18, Mission, BC, 16 March 2013

If the baby didn't live with Rachel, I wonder why she was desperate for a "girls night out".

While I think there are more likely POIs, I wonder if Rachel used movers when she moved into her apartment recently.

:( So sad! My heart goes out to Rachel's family and all who knew her. Now her baby will grow up without a mother :(
R.I.P. Rachel :rose:

A candlelight vigil is being organized at Mission's Heritage Park at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 21.

Neighbour Leila James recalled seeing Pernosky outside her front door on the 7700 block of Mission’s Kite Street having a friendly smoke and a drink with a man in a baseball cap around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. James, who was also outside having a cigarette with her husband Brent, said “nothing made us think that we needed to phone the police — they looked like they were just having a friendly conversation together.”

By 1 a.m. James looked back outside and saw the pair were gone.

full article:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Mi...r+investigation+with+video/8126356/story.html

What a sad sad story this is..... such a beautiful young mum :( gosh from her pics you can tell her lil bub was her world.

RIP Rachel xx

Such a sad story. Her poor baby will have to grow up without a mother, thinking of her friends and family at this time. RIP Rachel.

Neighbour Leila James recalled seeing Pernosky outside her front door on the 7700 block of Mission’s Kite Street having a friendly smoke and a drink with a man in a baseball cap around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. James, who was also outside having a cigarette with her husband Brent, said “nothing made us think that we needed to phone the police — they looked like they were just having a friendly conversation together.”

By 1 a.m. James looked back outside and saw the pair were gone.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Missing+teen+Rachel+Pernosky+found+dead+IHIT+takes+over+investigation+with+video/8132162/story.html

Was Rachel still going to school?

March 13 tweet:

Today's class topic.. Drug and alcohol addiction film.. This girl bawling her eyes out.. *advertiser censored** this s***..
<*bm>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/03/20/bc-rachel-pernosky-body-found.html

Leila James said she saw Pernosky and a man in front of Pernosky's home just after 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

"They were sitting outside her front door drinking and smoking," James said. "He was maybe medium build, 5'10, he had a baseball cap on &#8230; he was driving a white car."

I recall seeing a reference earlier to a white car on the Find Rachel FB page, and that info was quickly stifled.

While typing this, i realize that the vigil for Rachel is going on right now in Mission at Heritage Park. I lived in Mission years back, and the park is a beautiful venue to honour and remember a loved one. Can't be there, but for sure my heart joins her parents, her son, family, friends and loved ones in thoughts of their sweet girl Rachel.

"“Rachel was just 18 years old and a mother of a baby when her life was brutally taken from her,” said Sgt. Jennifer Pound, spokeswoman for the RCMP’s Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

Pound said those responsible for her murder have “left a hole in the lives of those who loved her” and a child without his mother.

Pound said Pernosky had no history of running away and her disappearance baffled her friends and family. There were no signs of forced entry at her home, she said. The attack appears to be targeted and other women in the area shouldn’t be concerned, Pound added.

That enbankment is soooo steep, more like a mini cliff...

8135351.jpg

R.I.P. Rachel.

&#8220;Rachel was a smiling, sweet girl. She was always happy. She was one of those people who made you feel like her best friend. She&#8217;d make you smile,&#8221; said one friend.

&#8220;She was a lot of fun. She was always happy. She was free-spirited, that&#8217;s for sure. She didn&#8217;t hold back with anything. She made friends very easily,&#8221; said another friend."

http://www.news1130.com/2013/03/22/rachel-pernosky-remembered-as-silly-funny-young-woman/

I hope we learn the motive for her murder. Was she killed by "friends"? I hate to sound like an old fuddy-duddy but young people scare me sometimes these days. I really think there is far more cruelty and less value on life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back