Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brainstorming here but I wonder if LE has checked the freezer and fridge where Shannon Burgess resides to see if anything in them would lead them in finding her. Maybe LE would find something that a family member would not notice or think twice about.

Think of all the information and evidence that is contained in freezers and refrigerators. Some people stash money and jewelry in packages marked liver, passports, some stash marijuana and other products to keep them fresh and contain the scent, meat and bread and perishables that has been marked with a best before date could be telling as to if she went grocery shopping around the time she disappeared.
The grocery angle is a very good point. Also in the fridge to check expiry dates on perishables.

I Googled 'bodies found in freezers' and was astounded by the number of occurrences. Hopefully, given that this is sadly common, it would be one of the first places LE checks.

I have not come across anything and nothing formal. I seem to think that she wore eyeglasses but I will have to find that comment.
rbbm.

http://www.pinchercreekvoice.com/2014/11/missing-in-alberta.html
" She is described as Caucasian, approximately 130 lbs., 5’6” tall, with red hair and green eyes. Shannon wears glasses, and frequently travels to Edmonton to visit friends and for work as a performance artist and standup comedian.

Anyone who may have information about her whereabouts is asked to call police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods: TALK: 1-800-222-8477 TYPE: www.calgarycrimestoppers.org TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637 Case #14473197"

I'm wondering if there is two family cars? Does she have one and JB have his own? I'm thinking there's two so if she has to run to out of town auditions, and since the marriage is new, they probably had their own assets beforehand.

If so, do either of them have GPS in them? I'm curious where both vehicles were driven in the 5 days before she was reported missing. I'm wondering if the broken brakes were a planned event to make her dependent one someone for a ride somewhere.

Also, not really important, but I wonder if they were home owners or renters? If owners, who moved into who's house? I think they may be renters as SB seems like the type to keep things spontaneous and not one to be tied down with a mortgage yet (like I was at 25!)

Was it ever mentioned what she was last seen wearing, or if her coat/boots etc. are missing?

Good question, wonder what Shannon may have been wearing and why that does not seem to have been mentioned?

Good question, wonder what Shannon may have been wearing and why that does not seem to have been mentioned?

the whole ''last seen'' issue seems to be woefully lacking in detail such as what was she wearing, where exactly was she seen etc. I think we are all waiting for a shoe to drop on this one.....

There is something seriously wrong with this disappearance and the police know it. Despite media reports they do suspect foul play and downplaying it is simply one of their investigation strategies.

There is something seriously wrong with this disappearance and the police know it. Despite media reports they do suspect foul play and downplaying it is simply one of their investigation strategies.

Welcome to Ws. dennisfedak81!

The more I think about it, the more unsettled I get with the story.

Who leaves home on a weeknight (Thurs) at 12:30am? Her husband I think works for the government of Canada, the info I found on the government website has the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm. So he would have to be up early the next morning.

If she was in fact going out, she would have to be picked up by someone else. MSM has not mentioned another person picking her up, MSM/LE said she was last seen by her husband at home.

Also, if she was going out, the only place I can think of someone going that time of night is out to a club/to party with friends, but this wasn't a Friday night, it was a Thursday, so seems maybe doubtful. Or she was leaving to talk to someone in distress, but MSM/LE have not mentioned another person seeing her at that time of night.

I do not think she left to clear her head, or take a break. Unless she got in a fight with the person at home, I don't see a reason for her to leave her home in the cold at 12:30am alone. If she did get in a fight and left alone, she would've brought her phone to call someone to pick her up or stay the night with them. If her phone was 'taken' from her and she was 'kicked out' in the cold, I still think she would've walked somewhere close by. Is there gas stations, 24 hour convenience stores around that area I wonder? I will try to look at the map in street view to see what's around.

ETA - there is a 7-11 up Spiller Rd not far from her house

Thursday nights in cowtown are as busy if not busier than the weekend warrior nights of Friday and Saturday. Also, the after hour parties some clubs have start around 1:00am. Ramsay is a hipsters neighbourhood, cheaper rents and homes for sale, a bit of an older saltier crowd, great un-gentrified part of the city. Inglewood has almost become a gated neighbourhood. shame really how developers move into those little clusters of culture and then overtake them with faux kitsch diners and curio stores.

Thursday nights in cowtown are as busy if not busier than the weekend warrior nights of Friday and Saturday. Also, the after hour parties some clubs have start around 1:00am. Ramsay is a hipsters neighbourhood, cheaper rents and homes for sale, a bit of an older saltier crowd, great un-gentrified part of the city. Inglewood has almost become a gated neighbourhood. shame really how developers move into those little clusters of culture and then overtake them with faux kitsch diners and curio stores.

Yeah, I realized afterwards, that the day and time to go out wouldn't be that out of character for SB. As now that I think about it, I was leaving around that time to go out on the town or with friends up into my early 30s, as after midnight is usually when things pick up for nightlife/social fun. And of course, fun isn't limited to Friday and Saturday nights only, I should have remembered this! As you say, the non-weekend nights are usually more fun to go out on.

I was thinking however, that if it is the *right* JB who's on the net as a government worker, working Monday to Fridays at 8:00am, going out or being up late on a weeknight might create tension in the house. If one spouse is more social than the other and going out without the other, there might be a lifestyle clash, JMO of course.

And also, this is all info from the hubby. No one knows if what he says has been confirmed or verified, the time/date 'he last saw her' could be totally made up!

I think jb was described as an "estranged husband". Doubtful they were getting ready to paint the town together anyway. However, my theory is some conflict may have occurred as a result of Sb going out. then things may have taken a turn for the worse. Pure speculation. But remember this if and when the truth finally is revealed.

Shannon was last seen on a Wednesday night, just after midnight, by her estranged husband. It was not a Thursday night.

"Shannon Burgess (née Madill), 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE. ...

The family found her cellphone and car at home with no bank activity since last week, but her wallet and keys weren’t in the apartment. They couldn’t find a passport, but are unsure if she has a valid passport. Officially, Burgess was last seen [Wednesday] Nov. 26."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

I think jb was described as an "estranged husband". Doubtful they were getting ready to paint the town together anyway. However, my theory is some conflict may have occurred as a result of Sb going out. then things may have taken a turn for the worse. Pure speculation. But remember this if and when the truth finally is revealed.

I feel the same way, I'm very weary of their relationship, well more weary of him I should say.

I think this new marriage might have been rocky. By FB photos and such, they seem like an odd pair, JMO.

Maybe she's an extrovert and he's an introvert which is not big deal, happens often. But sometimes if one partner is over shadowed by another, egos can clash, jealousy ensues if someone is more outgoing and social with men and women, disputes happen if lifestyles are quite different, emotions rise and then terrible things can happen. I hate to say this - but we've seen and heard this a million times it's such a sad statistic :(

Shannon was last seen on a Wednesday night, just after midnight, by her estranged husband. It was not a Thursday night.

"Shannon Burgess (née Madill), 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE. ...

The family found her cellphone and car at home with no bank activity since last week, but her wallet and keys weren’t in the apartment. They couldn’t find a passport, but are unsure if she has a valid passport. Officially, Burgess was last seen [Wednesday] Nov. 26."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

I think things got mixed up because of the time frame of 12:30am…. So Wednesday before midnight and Thursday early morning (after midnight @ 12:30am) was last known to be seen?

I think things got mixed up because of the time frame of 12:30am…. So Wednesday before midnight and Thursday early morning (after midnight @ 12:30am) was last known to be seen?

That's right. She was last seen in the very early morning by her estranged husband - at 12:30 AM on November 27. If she were going out to party, it would have been late on a Wednesday night, not a Thursday night. She was already missing by Thursday morning. I find it hard to believe that she would have gone out to party at 12:30AM by herself on a Wednesday night.

Regarding the temperature, it was not cold. The low temp on Nov 26 was between -2 and -6C, which is not too cold to walk a few blocks.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/calgary/t2g/november-weather/52479

There seem to be four possibilities in my humble opinion:
1. she walked to a nearby store and didn't think a phone was necessary (unlikely), and then she was kidnapped
2. a friend picked her up and she didn't think a phone was necessary (unlikely), and then she was kidnapped
3. she was hooking up with someone from the http://www.alliancealberta.ca/events.htm after their meeting and part of the game was no phones, and then she was kidnapped
4. her husband murdered her in her home at about 12:30AM on Nov 27, and she'll never be seen alive again

Calgary still has lots of events and night life on Wednesdays too!

She most likely works evenings with her comedy gigs and I am sure she is comfortable going out at night. I doubt she would go alone to party with strangers but may have had plans with someone that we are not being told about. Maybe the police haven't been told either. I am guessing she belongs to many groups and friends connected to her passion of film and comedy. I am sure that LE knows where her last movements were in more detail than what has been released to the public.

Examples of things to do Wednesday November 26th:
- Wednesday Wing Nite! Cheap beer and wings at most pubs.
- http://aishaalfa.com/event/jupiter-comedy-night/
- google "night life calgary wednesdays" for more details
- maybe a pre Grey Cup party? Christmas party?

I wonder where she worked and if she had a full-time job or part-time.

It would be interesting to understand more of the dynamics of her relationship. Her "husband" was the last to see her alive. This would be the best starting point. It would be awkward having an estranged partner in the home. Depending on the dynamics this could lead to awkward situations to say the least. Has anyone heard about the relationship or more about her husband?

I'm glad you included "(unlikely)" after your phone comments. Nowadays, cell phones are an appendage, not a convenience...I feel absolutely awful when a) I've forgotten my phone or b) am without it for a few hours because it broke and I need to buy a new one. It's a very sad thing...feels like I've losjt my best friend. :( I'm well-past 25...and believe-it-or-not, am not nearly as attached to my phone as the younger generation is...have you seen how fast they can text?? That is the way they communicate...rarely dial a number and actually speak...just text, text, text... Lol

I find it very interesting that her cell phone was left behind, no way it was deliberate! Forgotten? Maybe. It makes one think she just popped out for a few minutes....and hasn't gone far. (Just for the record...my cell phone is with me in the bathroom, the laundry room, the backyard and in my vehicle). I doubt she left it...I would forget the wallet before the cell phone...unless someone took it from her. Perhaps it was being monitored by JB...perhaps it was purposely put there to lead LE to believe that she would be right back? That phone would've been dead by the time she was declared missing. Wonder who was trying to get in touch with her over those five days? I would assume many of her friends tried to text her... friends for sure. If she realized she had forgotten it, all she had to do is go back home, use the keys she took to run in and scoop the phone and its charger. She was after all, expecting to hear about by he audition she just had! That phone was either there because someone took it from her as she was "leaving", and if so, I'm sure jB would have carried it with himself to work the next day in case she called. One day without her phone, he would certainly know she would be back for it when he was at work....wonder if she tried and couldn't find it...I wonder if she called it herselfu to see who may have it. Regardless, the fact it was left, or taken and left sitting there for five days is strange...why wait so long that it took family to discover her missed meetings caught them? He, before anyone would know this was not normal for her and should have alerted her family to her disappearance. IMO that phone was left where it was left to lend credibility to the idea that she would be rightback to which alludes to that appearance that she would be right back. I wonder if he answered any of what im sure would be a fair amount there! Im pretty sure he would be quite concerned after the first day, and should have been using it to contact her friends to alert them that she hasn't returned for it! My goodness! I'm sure it was the hub of her friend connections, family connections and work contacts. Very, very important to her not something purposelybleft behind without attempts to get it

I also wonder if she were afraid of someone and she ran out in what looks like a hurry. Working for the federal govt at 830 am does not mean he is shiney. Does he have or need to vouch for His actual whereabouts that night,? Has he proven that HE did not go out after her?

No one has reported seeing her that night, just JB himself did.

IMO the cell phone is key to this case

I'm glad you included "(unlikely)" after your phone comments. Nowadays, cell phones are an appendage, not a convenience...I feel absolutely awful when a) I've forgotten my phone or b) am without it for a few hours because it broke and I need to buy a new one. It's a very sad thing...feels like I've losjt my best friend. :( I'm well-past 25...and believe-it-or-not, am not nearly as attached to my phone as the younger generation is...have you seen how fast they can text?? That is the way they communicate...rarely dial a number and actually speak...just text, text, text... Lol

I find it very interesting that her cell phone was left behind, no way it was deliberate! Forgotten? Maybe. It makes one think she just popped out for a few minutes....and hasn't gone far. (Just for the record...my cell phone is with me in the bathroom, the laundry room, the backyard and in my vehicle). I doubt she left it...I would forget the wallet before the cell phone...unless someone took it from her. Perhaps it was being monitored by JB...perhaps it was purposely put there to lead LE to believe that she would be right back? That phone would've been dead by the time she was declared missing. Wonder who was trying to get in touch with her over those five days? I would assume many of her friends tried to text her... friends for sure. If she realized she had forgotten it, all she had to do is go back home, use the keys she took to run in and scoop the phone and its charger. She was after all, expecting to hear about by he audition she just had! That phone was either there because someone took it from her as she was "leaving", and if so, I'm sure jB would have carried it with himself to work the next day in case she called. One day without her phone, he would certainly know she would be back for it when he was at work....wonder if she tried and couldn't find it...I wonder if she called it herselfu to see who may have it. Regardless, the fact it was left, or taken and left sitting there for five days is strange...why wait so long that it took family to discover her missed meetings caught them? He, before anyone would know this was not normal for her and should have alerted her family to her disappearance. IMO that phone was left where it was left to lend credibility to the idea that she would be rightback to which alludes to that appearance that she would be right back. I wonder if he answered any of what im sure would be a fair amount there! Im pretty sure he would be quite concerned after the first day, and should have been using it to contact her friends to alert them that she hasn't returned for it! My goodness! I'm sure it was the hub of her friend connections, family connections and work contacts. Very, very important to her not something purposelybleft behind without attempts to get it

I also wonder if she were afraid of someone and she ran out in what looks like a hurry. Working for the federal govt at 830 am does not mean he is shiney. Does he have or need to vouch for His actual whereabouts that night,? Has he proven that HE did not go out after her?

No one has reported seeing her that night, just JB himself did.

IMO the cell phone is key to this case

I'm curious if a search warrant will be issued (or needed even) for her home computer to be searched and when that will happen if it hasn't already.

are you creeping me?

Wednesday nights are good too for getting away from the mediocratic weekenders. Wednesday nights at the warehouse used to be ten bux all you could drink beer,, the best night in cowtown is actually sunday night. pretty much any night besides Friday and Saturday are the best nights to head out. anyone have a schedule for what dj's were playing that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname