Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who are looking at Google Maps:

We have a sleuther who was able to zoom in and see an accused perp and his victim in a Starbucks sometime before the murder. This member created a thread on how it's done for our sleuthers. One or more of you may want to try it! Here's the link: Guide to Google Maps Sleuthing and Finding Clues! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wow that's crazy. I really need to sleep tonight, but I am intrigued. Are all satellite photos dated? When they are updated can you access previous photos? I'm not tech-savvy at all, I'll never be a good sleuth.

Those of you who are looking at Google Maps:

We have a sleuther who was able to zoom in and see an accused perp and his victim in a Starbucks sometime before the murder. This member created a thread on how it's done for our sleuthers. One or more of you may want to try it! Here's the link: Guide to Google Maps Sleuthing and Finding Clues! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

but isn't the stuff on Google maps old? My old house doesn't even show and I've moved from it. Secondly, I think they blur out a lot of faces on purpose.

SS has friend from Brantford, proper age range, is an electrician and into cars. They are friends on certain forums of which they share a common interest. Do rules allow for posting of this persons online handles or forum names for others to check out?

SS has friend from Brantford, proper age range, is an electrician and into cars. They are friends on certain forums of which they share a common interest. Do rules allow for posting of this persons online handles or forum names for others to check out?

SS's FB page was gone before I could get to it... <modsnip>.

I've been lurking for several days. I've seen people named, then cleared, but not before links to their FB photos were posted, and accusations made on those pages. I see LE continually second guessed while they stay tight-lipped to protect an ongoing investigation and lots of people guessing about evidence that is already in the hands of LE. Most of the theories I've seen are based on 2 assumptions - that DM is a cold blooded killer and TB is a random and innocent victim. Both of those assumptions could be true, partly true, or not at all true. This is what I believe to be true: 1. DM was there, at least at the time TB was taken. 2. DM and suspect #2 test drove a similar truck the previous day under similar circumstances (walked up) and did not harm the owner. 3. The truck and the remains were found on properties linked to DM. 4. DM has told his lawyer something and the police nothing. (The lawyer stated that there is a story behind this that he can't share right now, and the police stated they have not yet identified other suspects) That's not a lot of facts, and I could make up any number of scenarios. I will offer one, but first I need to preface it. I am so heartbroken for the family's loss. I've been obsessively checking for updates and I cried when he was found. I have also been working on the assumptions above. But something doesn't feel right - doesn't seem to fit. It's niggling at me. So, as much as it pains me to write this, considering what the family is suffering through, other motives have to be considered. Imagine this. Woman tells man (boyfriend, husband, best friend) that she was harmed in some way. He looks like this, and drives this kind of vehicle with a for sale sign in the window. Man says "I'll kill the SOB", shares with his friends and they say "let's get him". They find a couple of vehicles for sale that match. Two approach, one follows (maybe even with the girl to make an ID) not the right guy - try the next one. Maybe it's mistaken ID maybe it's not. Maybe T senses the danger and jumps and is grievously injured or killed then and they panic and try to cover up. Maybe they think they have a guy who hurt someone close to them and at that point DM is done and he leaves in the other vehicle. Maybe all of the evidence is on him, because he had the resources. (Trailer, properties, etc) Why would you protect someone when faced with such a terrible crime? Intimidation? Because it was an accident? Because you understand why they did it? I'm not suggesting there is any justification to kill, I only hope that a different theory might give you pause. Speculation is dangerous and often cruel. I hope I've demonstrated that.

you never know.... i believe it to be an initiation killing for some reason. DM was doin the driving, suspect 2 was up for his initiation killing. Suspect 3 was DM's girlfriend driving the shadow vehicle. Suspect 2 doz this before they even hit Brantford or where LE finds the phone, and i believe suspect 2 lives in Brantford, so he gets dropped off in Brantford, this would explain the route through Brantford, DM and the shadow vehicle take off to the farm, at the farm the incinerator and the trailer are waiting. There they get rid of the evidence, truck seats etc. Yah i think they did it before too. I believe DM to be pure evil, he's in a good place right now, enjoying the hard pillows and beds, rock hard fruit cake for desserts, in a small square concrete cell... lol

but isn't the stuff on Google maps old? My old house doesn't even show and I've moved from it. Secondly, I think they blur out a lot of faces on purpose.

Satellite images are sometimes very current, but can be a year or two old, and streetview images are usually older than the satellite images. Something else about streetview, a streetview image can be a composite of multiple images stitched together. As for blurring faces, it doesn't always happen. I see people in google images all the time whose faces are crystal clear. You can even snoop inside the windows of highrise buildings and see people inside pretty clearly. LOL

This is what I think too. I think DM was raised without a moral or social conscious. I think he enjoyed the prestige that came with his family name, but didn't have the drive and the work ethic of his father and grandfather. He had an expensive lifestyle, but had cash flow problems. He connected with organized crime around chop shop and maybe drug operations, and he appealed to the criminal big shots because of those resources mentioned by cdnDAD. The plan was for him to be the boss of his crew, and he, as manager, would be the one dealing with the pros (Hell's Angels or whatever). He wanted to be a big shot himself, even if it was in a criminal way- he just had that thirst for it but was not inclined to work towards it in any legitimate way.

Like someone said earlier, right from the beginning I noticed an absence of relatives, school mates and acquaintances saying they were "shocked" that he was involved - only his mother and his lawyer.

I do not believe he was framed, manipulated or taken advantage of. I do not think he was especially smart, as the obit he wrote for his father did not seem to me to be polished or well written. I'm not criticizing him for that, it's just an observation.

As for all the factors that led to his arrest so quickly- it's a combination of quick action by Sharlene and law enforcement as has previously been discussed. As for mistakes he made, I have two thoughts on that. I know several probation officers, and they all tell me that criminals tend to think they are smarter than they are. They get caught all the time because of dumb errors, and thank goodness for that. I also think DM's errors were due to inexperience rather than because he was acting in this crime under duress in any way.

I remember back to 1999 when DM obtained his pilot's license at the age of 14. There was quite a bit of media and public hype over this. Many people were expressing their opinions about this and more were negative opinions, opposed to positive. So many people felt a 14 year old child should not be allowed to pilot a plane and obtain pilot's license. Many compared it to allowing a 14 year old being allowed to hold a drivers license. There was expression children should be children and should not partake in these types of decisions which should be dealt with with a mature frame of mind. IIRC DM's father had to pull a lot of strings in effort for DM to be able to fly and then go through the testing to receive his pilot's license. His father certainly put him on a pretty high pedestal IMHO.

What may be the case is, DM may be a very righteous type of person. It could have been instilled in him from a very early age. Whatever you want, go get it, fight for whatever makes you happy type of upbringing. He was an only child and IMO as I have had the privileged of knowing many only children, I find most of them to be mature beyond their years. I have chalked it up to the fact they grow up in a home with only adults to interact with in many ways but mostly in a mature manner especially once they enter into school. I have also seen many only children being highly doted on just because they are only children. What also happens in these families is because the child is so use to interacting with only adults in the home, they tend to get included in the company of other adults who may visit. They are privy to mature conversations, allowed to interact and glow in the spotlight of being praise by adults. All of this feeds into their self esteem/ego and can sometimes backfire giving them an over inflated ego. I could see this being the case in DM's situation. His father fought tooth and nail to fight for his son's right to fly at a very young age, he more than likely doted on him because he was an only child. It's possible DM was desperately wanted and his parents had a hard time conceiving him, taking into consideration his father's age when DM was born (44). It may very well have been DM felt this sense of total righteousness all his life. I am not trying to offend anyone with my observation of only children by my post, it is only my opinion. And btw I still have the privileged of knowing these only children and they have grown into very decent, respectful, loving and caring adults. I do believe there are certain characteristics with all children as to were they fall in the family chain.

So with that, I see it highly possible DM felt he had this righteousness about him which he felt he just go after what he wanted and someone would always stand behind his to fight for him through good or bad.

A couple of things I would be interested in finding out is, how old is DM's mother? When did his parents separate? This is a biggy, how did his father die? I don't believe any of us have been privy to this yet. Did he have aunts and uncles? I find it somewhat odd someone with Wayne's stature, was given a service at Vinsanto Ristorante a fine dining Italian restaurant. For someone who admired Christ, wouldn't you have thought a church would have been more appropriate? Maybe I am old fashioned or is this the new norm? Maybe he wasn't as well known or liked as I figured he would be. :moo:

DM would not have murder 1 charges against him if LE did not have the goods to make it stick, IMHO. Coming from money doesn't mean a thing. The old adage "money doesn't buy class" couldn't be truer in this situation. If DM was innocent of any wrongdoing then he would not be locked up. From what I can tell, DM hasn't done much in his short lifetime to redeem himself, and his lawyer's posturing isn't helping him, either. Evil comes in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds.
100% agree. I suppose my point would be that people seem to be developing tunnel vision. The police have not asked for help in proving him guilty. They have teams of experts working on that right now with much more information than we have. They have asked for tips that could lead to other suspects. I'm not sure how naming everyone DM knows helps that cause. The last statement from the police said they believe TB was targeted, but many are still convinced the perps were trying to steal the truck. Seems much more personal than that. The news said when the charges were read, DM stood by "impassively". How could one be impassive? Sounds sociopathic, but then they usually love to talk don't they? And then try to throw others under the bus? Whoever his accomplices are and whatever the reason, he seems pretty resolved. I am inclined to believe the truck might have led them to TB, but that it was never the target. The truth may be a long time coming, unless he decides to talk. If everyone sticks to the same premise and it turns out that it's false, how can new and useful leads be generated? Geez I'm wordy when I'm tired - so sorry.

This is my first post but I have read all the other posts in this thread. Would like to say hi to everyone and congratulate on the sleuthwork. :seeya:

I do not think we should be hanging people before they have had the opportunity to be heard though. This also does not really help when the facts are being sought.

I have several thoughts on this case that maybe someone can shed some light on or dismiss for me.

1./ Apparently DM was at his home in Toronto on Weds night with some friends. His mothers neighbour says that the trailer was taken there that same WEds night. If DM was at his home that night, he didnt seem to be in much of a hurry to drop off a trailer !

2./ DM did post on a forum and he mentioned that he was at Hangar 5, 2450 Derry Road East, Mississauga, he mentioned his grandfather. Those posts are now missing it would seem. But I may be able to retrieve what I found.

3./ I actually do believe that LE would charge someone without all the facts. They do this on a regular basis. They leave the onus on the accused to prove themselves innocent. From traffic violations to ???? murders. Sorry but this happens...unfortunately. So we should not be assuming that they have more than they actually do insofar as evidence is concerned imo.

4./ Someone said that the lawyer does not have a lot to work with...well I tend to disagree. So far as I can tell, we just have a man stating that someone with an 'ambition' tattoo test drove his truck the day before Tim's was test driven., and the information about the trailer being at DM's mothers house and the remains being at DM's property (farmland).

The ambition tattoo appears to be very simple, may well have been DM in the trucks....or could be a good plan to imitate his tattoo either actually or with a simple marker pen.

Why would a deliberate murderer put the victims truck on property connected to himself if he was guilty?

Why would a deliberate murderer place victim on his own property ?

Something doesn't add up.

5./ Lets just assume it was not the truck that was targeted. The first test drive could have been to determine who was the trucks owner... if it was the wrong guy, move on to next truck owner who happens to be the right guy !!!

I am not saying this as fact...but you have to keep an open mind when considering all possibilities. If you pre judge this, you can end up missing vital clues.

6./ Now lets go back to the 'theft of truck' motive. Why would you buy an expensive incinerator to then go and steal a truck for free...makes no sense. Why is incinerator on DM's property as well as remains and as well as the truck ( on his mothers property) ? Makes no sense if DM is to be considered the murderer.

7./ Some have mentioned the guy KOZ.... well when I searched I found a guy of this name on Linked In. When you clicked his personal website it took you to this site : http://www.fbi-online.com/ Now this is a very strange url name that is apparently under construction. !!! Now we could all jump to conclusions but we could be wrong. I am just pointing out that sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

Money has a way of making people greedy and ruthless...especially if they want that money !!!! When someone is in jail, all manner of things can happen to their money....... should we follow the money ??? or the lack of??? or the want of???

Basically I think we should keep an open mind on the guilt or innocence of the current accused, and keep digging.

Folks just a reminder as I've seen quite a few members requesting PM's from others...this is not allowed on WS.

Swedie it was reported DM's father committed suicide :( Plus was likely estranged from his mother so maybe he did get mixed up with the wrong crowd as he had no one else to turn too? JMO

I remember back to 1999 when DM obtained his pilot's license at the age of 14. There was quite a bit of media and public hype over this. Many people were expressing their opinions about this and more were negative opinions, opposed to positive. So many people felt a 14 year old child should not be allowed to pilot a plane and obtain pilot's license. Many compared it to allowing a 14 year old being allowed to hold a drivers license. There was expression children should be children and should not partake in these types of decisions which should be dealt with with a mature frame of mind. IIRC DM's father had to pull a lot of strings in effort for DM to be able to fly and then go through the testing to receive his pilot's license. His father certainly put him on a pretty high pedestal IMHO.

What may be the case is, DM may be a very righteous type of person. It could have been instilled in him from a very early age. Whatever you want, go get it, fight for whatever makes you happy type of upbringing. He was an only child and IMO as I have had the privileged of knowing many only children, I find most of them to be mature beyond their years. I have chalked it up to the fact they grow up in a home with only adults to interact with in many ways but mostly in a mature manner especially once they enter into school. I have also seen many only children being highly doted on just because they are only children. What also happens in these families is because the child is so use to interacting with only adults in the home, they tend to get included in the company of other adults who may visit. They are privy to mature conversations, allowed to interact and glow in the spotlight of being praise by adults. All of this feeds into their self esteem/ego and can sometimes backfire giving them an over inflated ego. I could see this being the case in DM's situation. His father fought tooth and nail to fight for his son's right to fly at a very young age, he more than likely doted on him because he was an only child. It's possible DM was desperately wanted and his parents had a hard time conceiving him, taking into consideration his father's age when DM was born (44). It may very well have been DM felt this sense of total righteousness all his life. I am not trying to offend anyone with my observation of only children by my post, it is only my opinion. And btw I still have the privileged of knowing these only children and they have grown into very decent, respectful, loving and caring adults. I do believe there are certain characteristics with all children as to were they fall in the family chain.

So with that, I see it highly possible DM felt he had this righteousness about him which he felt he just go after what he wanted and someone would always stand behind his to fight for him through good or bad.

A couple of things I would be interested in finding out is, how old is DM's mother? When did his parents separate? This is a biggy, how did his father die? I don't believe any of us have been privy to this yet. Did he have aunts and uncles? I find it somewhat odd someone with Wayne's stature, was given a service at Vinsanto Ristorante a fine dining Italian restaurant. For someone who admired Christ, wouldn't you have thought a church would have been more appropriate? Maybe I am old fashioned or is this the new norm? Maybe he wasn't as well known or liked as I figured he would be. :moo:
Very good questions, and I will definitely be mulling over the idea that he has a warped sense of entitlement. Any thoughts on how multiple perpetrators (3+) could be involved and keep quiet? The organized crime angle? Was the truck so valuable and unattainable they had to kill for it? If they're all into stealing cars regularly, involving a potential witness or subsequent victim seems like a stupid risky way to do it. Really liked your post, Thank You.

This thread is getting quite long so I'll be back in a few minutes with link for thread #5

This is my first post but I have read all the other posts in this thread. Would like to say hi to everyone and congratulate on the sleuthwork. :seeya:

I do not think we should be hanging people before they have had the opportunity to be heard though. This also does not really help when the facts are being sought.

I have several thoughts on this case that maybe someone can shed some light on or dismiss for me.

(EDITED FOR SPACE) :)

Money has a way of making people greedy and ruthless...especially if they want that money !!!! When someone is in jail, all manner of things can happen to their money....... should we follow the money ??? or the lack of??? or the want of???

Basically I think we should keep an open mind on the guilt or innocence of the current accused, and keep digging.

One thing I see in common is SB missing in the evidence or summaries by most here... SHE saw the two men, clear view of DM, I think she was able to confirm he was the one... LE probably had him in a line up (just an assumption)

Buy the incinerator and not the truck?

Incinerator can be a biz write off and the truck could have been for profit, cut up and sell via parts or ship out.

Haven't heard that DM was with friends Wednesday night, have a link to info where that was stated? Since he's not talking, just wondering where this info came from :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member