Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #8 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video was apparently of undercover police taking down

a guy wearing a red hoodie in a black truck. Or two guys in a black truck trying to injure or grab the guy in red hoodie. Looks like it was in Ottawa, hence 'unrelated' being the reason for removing video. It does not look fake to me and of course we do know that there are at least two other suspects out there at this time...and one has a red hoodie and likes black trucks. meh no possible connection there and after all the real killer is locked up so we are told.

I should add, there was a murder in North Middx county a coupe of years ago where a guy killed an old couple in their home. He was found in Ottawa.

Seemed like the couple doing the videoing were using some kind of dash cam as shooting was so steady...but why would people just happen to be driving around a large parking lot area with a dash cam only to just come across this all? Seems weird to me and very coincidental.

The fact they burned the body in one location then move it to DM's property
<snip>

I must have missed that ... could you provide a link please. Thanks !!

IMO that is a possibility...however, why would they have continued going for the test drive when the first one didn't fit the description. They could have backed out...maybe looked the vehicle over and left..Which begs me to ask, why, upon seeing the size of the first guy did they continue with the test drive? Instead, they got into the truck with a big guy that they knew they would have a hard time overtaking. I'm starting to think that his size didn't matter...but the ability of Suspect # 2 to do "his job" could be key. Maybe an initiation? Maybe Suspect #3 backed out?

Good questions. I thought that maybe #1 and #2 were sent to do the test drive, with #3+ in a separate vehicle up the road waiting to visually ID the seller. I'm only hypothesizing based on the separate test drives. I'm wondering why people have trouble considering this, and so quick to get behind thrill killing, that they only base on a 20-something's love of adrenaline. I do think something larger may be at play, and I think it's possible TB might have been an innocent and unknowing witness. I'm just not so willing to guess as to what that could have been with nothing connecting the dots.

does anybody else have the feeling that this case is essentially "solved", and LE is just going about their business collecting evidence, etc.?

There is "common practice" and there is admissibility(or lack of) in a court of law.

With consent or with a warrant lest the Charter Rights be violated. Generally speaking.

Well it is well known that LE often intercept calls and such without a warrant, the same as they stop and search cars without a warrant. If this does not get questioned it continues. BUt they cannot bring anything, be it a phone call or evidence from an illegal/unlawful search into evidence. Therefore in the case of a murder they had better make sure they follow procedure or their 'evidence' will get thrown out possibly along with the charges.

This book was a bestseller. Anyone, from any walk of life, might choose to pick up a best selling book to read what it's all about. I've never read it, but after going over the reviews, it sounds quite interesting.

DM's lawyer says that he is a philosophizer, so a book like this would probably be right up his alley. If it's a pageturner, he might find it hard to put the dog biscuits down.

A "bestseller" only in one of the NY Times awesomely long and extensively categorized "lists". (Yes, Virginia, you too can be on a NY Times bestseller list.) And an old list at that. I asked about DM's father's state of health only because this title sounds like something a sympathetic relative or friend might advise him to read to help him through a difficult situation.

Still wondering about the lawyer's barton jail zen master philosophizing comment though. Best seller life lessons/self help doesn't quite qualify imo. Is he protecting his g/f for some reason - either because she could be in danger or because he knows she betrayed him?

Getting a suspect's DNA in this fashion would likely cause major problems during trial. I understand doing this in the field when trying to track down a suspect who matches DNA found at a crime scene, but any evidence, including DNA that is presented at trial, must be presented with the proper warrants and procedures having taken place AFAIK.

MOO

ETA: We have a poster here, Storme I believe, who is a lawyer I believe? Perhaps they could get verified so we can ask these questions with confidence?

It's certainly possible in Canada to at least get around a refusal to provide a voluntary DNA sample. The DNA of David Briere was taken from a discarded Pepsi can when he refused to provide a sample in the Holly Jones investigation.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/19/tim_bosma_neighbours_miss_millards_quiet_mother.html

"As life fades back to normal on Tinsmith Court in Kleinburg, neighbours of Madeleine Burns — mother of accused murderer Dellen Millard — are wondering whether their quiet neighbour is ever coming back.

Next-door-neighbour Robert Dimas said now that he's been paying attention, he's noticed her absence. Even the guy who cuts Burns's grass hasn't heard from her, but Dimas told him to keep going, even if he has to pay for it himself — he doesn't want her to think the neighbourhood's turned their back on her, even if they didn't know her all that well..."

brief comment about additional remains found in article as well.

Maybe why DM gave condo to his mom?? maybe she doesn't want to go back to that neighbourhood, where any chance of Anonymity is shot for her. IMO

Sorry guys...miss lots of posts as reading only intermittently. Has there been any discussion about the truck being stolen for one of the accomplices and not for DM? Woud go some way to explaining what a financially solvent guy might be doing stealing a truck.

It's certainly possible in Canada to at least get around a refusal to provide a voluntary DNA sample. The DNA of David Briere was taken from a discarded Pepsi can when he refused to provide a sample in the Holly Jones investigation.

But Briere was not in custody at that time, so he had the freedom to discard those items in a public area. I think it is a different scenario if LE gives you a Pepsi and then you throw it out in a LE-owned garbage pail.

does anybody else have the feeling that this case is essentially "solved", and LE is just going about their business collecting evidence, etc.?

In the sense that the Crown HAD to do a charge assessment based on the Police "evidence" presented prior to the time of the actual arrest yes.

However the trail of evidence leads one in strange directions and until the Crown is satisfied, work continues. So if the Crown isn't satisfied with the investigation results vs. conviction possibility they will ask for more evidence of this crime or it's tie in to others.

Wasn't there some indication that the red hoodie suspect went to some length to conceal his identity with the hood?

Maybe why DM gave condo to his mom?? maybe she doesn't want to go back to that neighbourhood, where any chance of Anonymity is shot for her. IMO

I doubt if I would want to go back to a goldfish bowl with peering eyes everywhere either. I think it makes sense to transfer property to relative when you are in a position that has no immediate foreseeable outcome. Also his mother would be the best person to look out for his business interests rather than allow the reigns to be taken over by just anyone or even the state....which would be a terrible idea for many reasons.

Wasn't there some indication that the red hoodie suspect went to some length to conceal his identity with the hood?

Maybe he has tats on his neck or face. In addition to concealing his features.

Shawn Jeffords &#8207;@Shawn_Jeffords 4m
Officers have set up a tent which can be seen near a wooded area on the property. #TimBosma pic.twitter.com/4AddlB2988

BKudbEwCYAIdQsz.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Shawn_Jeffords/status/336535685622292480/photo/1

WooHoo!! Step outside and stretch everyone.

We'll start setting up topical threads in just a bit.

But Briere was not in custody at that time, so he had the freedom to discard those items in a public area. I think it is a different scenario if LE gives you a Pepsi and then you throw it out in a LE-owned garbage pail.

Yes...important distinction, you're right. You'd almost certainly need a warrant in any case, so perhaps whether the warrant is served directly on the person or applied to some object is a matter of investigative strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kilo784