Identified! Canada - Tofield, AB, 'Septic Tank Sam' Ntv/WhtMale 1046UMAB, Apr'77 - Gordon Edwin Sanderson

It would be very interesting if they could somehow make three or four 3D print outs of Sam's skull and then have several different forensic artists try their hand out at their own individual reconstructions. Then line them all up and see the similarities/differences.

My gosh they've already spent over a million on this case I'd just hate to see it go cold now! I'm still holding out hope.

I'm wondering if they have thought about trying to trace his identity via familial DNA.

Was LE ever able to determine what kind of gun was used to kill Sam judging by the gunshot wounds in his head and chest? I'm assuming no bullets were found in his body since the bullets could easily be traced.

Last edited:
Chenel Dube? He went missing from Montreal, Quebec in 1970, he was 22 when he disappeared. He would have been 28/29 when he died if they were the same person.

He and “Sam” share a couple of similarities:
  • Both had a medium build
  • He fits in with the highest height estimate
I think the weight difference could be explained away as Chenel gaining weight during the timespan between his disappearance and the discovery of Sam’s body.

Chenel had facial hair in one of photograph of him, so I wonder if Sam had facial hair at one point.
latest
latest

Chenel on the right side, Sam on the left side.

Chenel Dube? He went missing from Montreal, Quebec in 1970, he was 22 when he disappeared. He would have been 28/29 when he died if they were the same person.

He and “Sam” share a couple of similarities:
  • Both had a medium build
  • He fits in with the highest height estimate
I think the weight difference could be explained away as Chenel gaining weight during the timespan between his disappearance and the discovery of Sam’s body.

Chenel had facial hair in one of photograph of him, so I wonder if Sam had facial hair at one point.
latest
latest

Chenel on the right side, Sam on the left side.
From link, the other photo of Chenel..

If I'm not mistaken there are facial reconstructions of Sam if he had a beard or a mustache but for some reason they don't seem to be anywhere on the internet. Tofield RCMP should release them to make websleuthing a bit easier.

Found some new possible matches.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/28985?nav
I can’t find an email address to submit the possible matches. I’m European, so I can’t call. Could anyone please help me out here?
And have Chenel Dube and Ernest Pfaff already been submitted?

Canada's Missing | Case details

There are email addresses at the bottom there. You can try them.

Found some new possible matches.

I can’t find an email address to submit the possible matches. I’m European, so I can’t call. Could anyone please help me out here?
And have Chenel Dube and Ernest Pfaff already been submitted?
Here is one source..
Tofield detachment - Alberta
''Contact information
5515 49th St
Tofield AB T0B 4J0
Telephone: 780-662-3353
Fax: 780-662-2200
P.O. Box 540
Tofield AB T0B 4J0
Hours of operation
General services
Monday to Friday
9 am to 12 pm
1 pm to 5 pm''

I got a response!

“Hi Ronin,

I am the Lead Investigator working on the unidentified human remains found near Linbrook, Alberta in April of 1977, referred to as Septic Tank Sam.... my preference is Sam. Thank you for contacting us and providing some possible matches and the associated links.

We are still attempting to identify Sam and through his teeth we know he grew up in western Canada and most likely in central to southern Alberta.

From your list, some of the missing males were ruled out after dental work comparisons were completed. There are a couple others that we are doing DNA testing and working with the family. I am confident that we will have Sam identified.

Again, thank you for contacting us

-Greg”

I got a response!

“Hi Ronin,

I am the Lead Investigator working on the unidentified human remains found near Linbrook, Alberta in April of 1977, referred to as Septic Tank Sam.... my preference is Sam. Thank you for contacting us and providing some possible matches and the associated links.

We are still attempting to identify Sam and through his teeth we know he grew up in western Canada and most likely in central to southern Alberta.

From your list, some of the missing males were ruled out after dental work comparisons were completed. There are a couple others that we are doing DNA testing and working with the family. I am confident that we will have Sam identified.

-Greg”
Knowing that he was local to the area where he was found reinforces the theory that many of the locals know exactly who he is but are refusing to talk.

I got a response!

“Hi Ronin,

-Greg”
That's great! So the testing revealed that he was local to the country and possibly to Alberta. How many matches did you submit?

Grear job!

I got a response!

“Hi Ronin,

-Greg”
This is excellent news. Now we can safely suggest people that are native to Canada and no longer have to worry whether or not he was native outside the country. We might be able to bring this guy home after all.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333
Back