• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could go either way on this one. Death seems too easy. Yet knowing a date certain when death will come is something to mess with your mind so I don't know on this one. Usually in crimes against children I am death penalty all the way.
-----------------
SharetheLight,I feel the same as you.I'm almost torn by the decision.In a way I'd like her to grow old in prison and to remember the beautiful daughter she had.She did away with her for good times.as she gets older it will hit her harder. hope she sees Caylees little face in front of her forever.Did Caylee smile at her before her trusted mother did what she did? I think so.let he wallow in her misery for years to come.ove and Light~Nore

I voted life in prision....But ONLY because at this point we don't have all the facts as to what REALLy happened to Caylee. I believe in the death Penalty especially when it comes to crimes against children. But since we don't know at this point life will have to do and theres always the hope that she will confess

I do believe in DP cases, like Joseph Duncan, but I would have a hard time giving that. I think life in prison would be the adequate punishment for her, death is too easy in my mind.

Actually, she has no feelings, so unfortunatley we would never know what she thinks.
Sociopaths do have feelings. The downfall for them, or for the rest of us depending on how you view it, is that these feelings are all related to themselves. The feelings of remorse, guilt, shame...all which require some concern outside of yourself is what sociopaths appear unable to experience.

I voted life in prison because I do not believe in the death penalty. I do not think it is society's place to make that call, JMO. (I am also a pro-life'r except in cases of rape or incest). Do I think she will somehow reform? NO. I honestly think she will enjoy being in prison - no responsibilities, no need for a job, she can eat and sleep and write letters to penpals (so there's her social networking right there). I sincerely hope that the other inmates treat her with the dignity and respect that she has shown/is showing to her child. :furious: (heavy sarcasm). And I hope that her mom visits her EVERY day because that's exactly what Casey would hate. JMO!

Despite my strong feelings against Casey Anthony and her family, I remain steadfastly anti-death penalty which is another reason I will never sit on a jury for a murder trial.
I agree. The death penalty doesn't really save tax money due to the cost of the appeals...and the thought of killing someone to save money has never felt right to me. It isn't a deterrent according to the research, so what is the purpose. Revenge?

With that aside, I would like to see Casey suffer. Not very Christian of me I know but I just am so angry with her. I'm not a person she would want to make decisions on her punishment...although I wouldn't pick death.

I support the death penalty and voted in favor of it in this poll. But, in some cases, life without the possibility of parole, is appropriate.

In this case a lot will depend on what evidence the prosecution has. If it can be proven that it was premeditated murder vs. accidental, then the death penalty would be appropriate. Casey would still have many years in prison before execution.

Casey's best option is to plea bargain, asking that the death penalty be taken off the table in return for telling where Caylee's remains are.

DP W/aggravating circumstances. Pick one!

Florida:

(4) The defendant committed the murder after substantial planning and premeditation

(11)The victim of the capital felony was a person less than 12 years of age

(12)The victim of the capital felony was particularly vulnerable due to disability, or because the defendant stood in a position of familial or custodial authority over the victim

(16)The capital felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/aggravating-factors-capital-punishment-state

LOL.....umm....all of the above? :woohoo:

my morals dont allow a death penalty for anything.

:clap:

:clap:AMEN sister. I voted death penalty but I think the needle is way to kind for those who deserve it. I say bring back the chair. We coddle inmates to much. Casey needs to suffer. Anyone who can kill or rape a child does not get MY mercy. THAT mercy is for God to give. I don't have it in me.
Watch out world, my daughter want's to be a prosecuter when she is out of law school. And she aint soft on crime.:woohoo:

I agree about the needle. I think they should do a hanging in the town square and I think it should be done right away. I bet murders cut back. Why should they get the right to a fast painless death? most did not do that for their victims.

:clap: I thought this would be a "WASTE.....A HUGE WASTE....but it will turn out just fine.....ABSOLUTELY!!! :woohoo:

clever:clap:, its kinda funny how words can come back back and hurt when it is least expected :p

I think KC deserves the DP, but I would agree to LWOP if she'd agree to tell LE where Caylee's body is.

If jury finds her guilty, I say DP, but would gladly make it LWOP if she could lead us to the remains.

I am relieved I don't have to decide this personally... but for State of FL to give her DP they would need a theory, based on circumstancial or other limited evidence alone that could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt showing premeditation. That is tough, though not impossible, to do without a body. If they could prove somehow that the chloroform was involved directly in her death eg, and was purchased before Caylee was presumed deceased. Who knows what cards LE's holding up their sleeves. Otherwise it seems like it would be difficult to charge her with even abuse of a corpse or anything beyond negligent homicide (plus other related charges) because without knowing cause of death, how can LE determine manner?

She thought about, researched it, planned it, and did it. Death penalty all the way! :mad:

First of all, how can you reasonably vote for the penalty right now when we don't know what she is going to be charged with? That is why they are waiting until the last minute to bring the indictment.
For it to be 1st degree, they have to prove premeditation, and that might be very difficult, especially without the body. The search for the chloroform means nothing unless they can prove that it caused the death. It might not even be allowed into evidence. Even if she confessed, she would automatically get a lighter sentence. I'm not even sure they could sentence her to LWOP, because they don't have the body, or a cause of death yet. And from reading different news sources.. they are not 100% positive Caylee is dead, AND have not been positive that Casey did anything.
Trust me.. when this goes to trial, they are going to have as much evidence against her as they will ever be able to get... but it might not be as nailed down as you think.
And in the end, we won't get to decide her sentence anyway. Some cases have a separate jury for the sentencing, and some opt to have the judge impose the sentence, it all depends on what FL laws are.

No offence to those women who cannot bear children, or missed the opportunity ... but I will be satisfied if she receives a sentence of 25-years or more, thereby foregoing any chance of another child. In my mind, that's not just a punishment but also a protective measure.

Also, I don't agree with those who want her in general population... I wonder where we draw the line between punishment and vindictiveness.

As a role model, look at how the Australian jailer's handle Bryant, the mass murderer in Tasmania. I believe it's important as a society to let the punishment fit the crime, whilst maintaining our own standards of decency and humanity. If she's not sentenced to death, wishing Casey in gen pop is wishing her harm. That's not justice.

I am not a proponent of the death penalty so that's not an option for me. I would prefer life in prison as I believe she's beyond treatment. To grow old without all the attention and amenities life had provided her in a cold metal room would be justice in my opinion.

No offence to those women who cannot bear children, or missed the opportunity ... but I will be satisfied if she receives a sentence of 25-years or more, thereby foregoing any chance of another child. In my mind, that's not just a punishment but also a protective measure.

Also, I don't agree with those who want her in general population... I wonder where we draw the line between punishment and vindictiveness.

As a role model, look at how the Australian jailer's handle Bryant, the mass murderer in Tasmania. I believe it's important as a society to let the punishment fit the crime, whilst maintaining our own standards of decency and humanity. If she's not sentenced to death, wishing Casey in gen pop is wishing her harm. That's not justice.
You will never see everyone agree on what justice is, especially in a case such as this. However, I don't see how Casey, if found guilty, ever walking free again would be anywhere close to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther