Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy says that Casey has a good reason not to share "kidnapping" info with LE. This apparently is that the real kidnappers will hurt Caylee if she does. So she sits in jail waiting for her mom of the year award. It is worth it to her to keep silent and stay in jail.

Her defense is apparently going to be to use this same info. to get herself out of jail. Jose and Cindy say we will all know and understand at trial. Which way is it? I still say put her in a cell with Angelique, Shauniqua, and Big Betty Sue. We will know the next day what happened to Caylee.

Green bolgna on stale bread with tossed salad

If Casey was and is so worried that sharing info would put Caylee in physical danger, why when the night her mother found out and told her she was calling 911 did Casey tell her okay, do ahead mom! -- Didn't seem to be any big fight then to keep CA from calling LE because it would put Caylee in danger. I mean, please, I know that is not a story most believe, just one that makes people wonder how CA could believe at all what Casey says. Sometimes I think she so desperately wants this to be anything other than Casey having been at fault (and as a result her not only losing her granddaughter, but her daughter -- and very probably her entire life as she knew it) that she is even trying to convince herself. If she (Cindy) really had no involvement, no matter what Casey's history has been, finding out about Caylee being gone had to be such a shock to her system that perhaps all logic is just out the window.

Boy, all the C's (and all ending in the ee sound) in this case start to make writing/talking about it crazy sometimes trying to keep from mixing up names by mistake.

How about someone starts a thread to rant on Cindy & George ..

I personally love going through general thread because of all the different theories.. latest news on the case etc..

...I wonder whats next..

looks like they are setting up to report from there...

Excellent post. George and Cindy may not be handling things the way most of us THINK we would, but that doesn't change the fact that they are under unimaginable stress. Between the media stalking them, half of America calling for their heads on a platter, dealing with the fear that they'll never see they're beloved granddaughter again, and trying to accept that their daughter may have harmed her own child, I don't know how they stay sane. The media should not have the right to camp outside the home of private citizens 24 hours a day. It's just wrong.

In the begining of this GA and CA were perfectly content with the media right at their front door at their beck and call so to speak. Matter of fact, CA told the whole nation for us to get of our a$$e$ (her word not mine) and help find Caylee, well, they're there. The Anthonys did numerous updates, interviews from inside, outside, around that house. CA took Greta on the grande tour of the inside so the Anthonys pretty much sent out an ingraved invitation for the attention they are receiving.

How do we know that the tow company did not "loan" out the car? They have 10 days to notify. Maybe they have a "side-business" of loaning out a car. I know if I left my car and it got towed I would not know how much mileage was on the car. Shoot these tow companies are not always reputable. I had a car towed after a car accident and they proceeded to remove my EXPENSIVE car stereo. I am stating this only because JB could use this scenario to cause reasonable doubt.

Wouldn't you have to have a key to drive the car:waitasec:

Does anyone think it is weird that we haven't heard of ANY of George's family? WE heard about Cindy's mom and dad through the police reports and Rick, Cindy's brother, but NOTHING from George's side of the family! JMO

Can someone pls tell me where I can download the 400+ pages of docs that were released. I can't find them anywhere and the wftv.com links don't work for me <-- is anyone else getting an error from these links? Thanks.

And because of some of the silly statements he's making to the media, and fact he's probably acting in a position of conflict by advising all 3 of them, would they possibly have a malpractice suit against him?

Do the gp's still have an attorney representing their interests? They did at the beginning (per the 400 pages -- I think it was when LE went once to look at the backyard it mentioned two lawyers representing Casey's interest and one represeenting Cindy and George's interest to pbe present) but I haven't seen that to be true since.

The most ridiculous statement that the attorney has made is that "the truth will come out in my opening statement." He must think people are as stupid as he is. An opening statement does NOT have to be truthful in any way shape or form (Mark Geragos - I will prove Scott Peterson is "stone-cold innocdnt") What an attorney says during trial is NOT supposed to be taken for the truth. It's more like his "spin" will come out in his opening statement.

I think he is planning to spin a whole new story in his opening...and LE will be on standby to disprove it. IMO, this guy is not a good lawyer. IMOO

We have two statements by George to the media.

In one statement, George describes Casey and Caylee leaving the Anthony home on Monday, June 16th. He stated that they left at 12:50pm, he described the clothing that Casey was wearing - grey slacks with a pinstripe and an off white blouse. He described Caylee's clothing as a blue denim skirt, pink top, and sunglasses. Both had backpacks.

Maybe he is describing the last time he saw them both--probably on the 15th and those are the pants found in the back of the car that Cindy washed.

I disagree. It does not give him the right to throw other's property or to put his hands on someone who is about half his size. He needs to learn to ask things nicely and not rage on people. He's disgusting imo

Those people were not even right in freont of his house trying to look in windows or anything. They were on the side yard portion. Not a good view of what's going on inside the house.

While I certainly respect your opinion I myself would find it very hard to control my feelings if 2 strangers set up chairs to make light of my family's personal tragedy. Taking everything that G has been through I think he showed a great deal of restraint.

JMHO,
K

If it were me, I would go stay with friends for a while. The problem with that is it does not appear they have any. We have not seen anyone there supporting them, as you would expect in a time like this.

and maybe if they had some friends to bounce this stuff off of, they'd be seeing things differently. Seems like the family lives in a different reality than the rest of us, with no one from the outside making any sense in their world.

Therir little circle is pretty from what we've seen, and now they've lost 2 members. They are in panic mode.

And they are setting up a camera in the middle of the street. Which I don't think they can do either, but this is the circus isn't it?
wgu90i.jpg

Just a thought re: the body being placed in the car while at the impound/tow lot...there is usually a good deal of security for those places since I'm sure there is a threat of people wanting their cars back without having to pay the high fees. There is probably a video surveillance system of some sort as well. I'm wondering how someone totes a corpse into the lot and places it in the trunk of the Anthony car for a while, then returns and removes the corpse at a later date? Seems a bit ridiculous.

Also--I just watched the Today show clip with Cindy. I am sooooo tired of her telling us to "look for" her granddaughter. Those detectives were doing nothing but looking for that little girl--and guess what? They couldn't find her because her daughter sent them on a wild goose chase!!!! We CAN'T look for Caylee because Casey made sure that nobody could easily find her.

One last thought: Do any of you get the feeling that Casey is not as stupid as people think? I'm just thinking that the best way to beat a murder rap is to make sure that there is very little evidence--she had a full month to cover her tracks, make up lies, and when she finally had to admit that her daughter was missing, she bought herself even more time by lying about every single thing. It just seems so disgusting that she is doing everything in her power to make sure nobody can find Caylee, and if they do, prove what happened to her.:furious:

I agree with you, Casey is smart, and I think she did away with her daghter and had the whole thing planned as far as not reporting it for 31 days, or as long as she could get away with it. Time to cover up tracks, the body to either be covered up by tons of garbage in a landfill, or decompose away in the FLorida heat buried in the ground or sunk in some swamp. That's why she will not talk, that is not part of her plan.

How do we know that the tow company did not "loan" out the car? They have 10 days to notify. Maybe they have a "side-business" of loaning out a car. I know if I left my car and it got towed I would not know how much mileage was on the car. Shoot these tow companies are not always reputable. I had a car towed after a car accident and they proceeded to remove my EXPENSIVE car stereo. I am stating this only because JB could use this scenario to cause reasonable doubt.

Because that is not even logical to anyone with common sense..............the reason it did not "smell" at first is because the driver said he had a bad cold, and the deterioration had not started enough yet. It takes a few days of "baking" in the sun for decomposition to start to smell enough to get outside of the perimeter of a car.

That will be one of the things the defense will use, but how likely is it that someone would put CAYLEE's body in that car in an impound lot AFTER it was towed to a fenced in secure lot?

No jury is stupid enough to buy that one.........they need to get started on their next wild tale.

One more thing about the stupid caution tape and I swear, I will not say another word about it. Cindy placed the signs originally. When she did so, she placed them on the actually property line..INSIDE...the sidewalk. I'm to assume that she knew where the property line was and then forgot? And, that she knew and George didn't?
Also, when she placed the signs, and we watched, the reporters continued to follow her around the yard INSIDE the property line, behind the signs, and she said nothing..at least intitially. I didn't watch the whole thing. Couldn't stomach it.
They are sending mixed signals...IMO.

You are ab-so lute-ly correct CA placed the signs intheir legal position when she initially placed them. The signs have since been moved and placed illegally on the easement.

He also said last night during his rant, "You assume Casey doesn't know where Caylee is," among other assumptions. I nearly fell out of my chair.

He can get himself in serious trouble making these sorts of statements. What if, when they go to trial, she says she doesn't know where Caylee is...it will be obvious she changed her story. Is this guy capable of thinking about what is best for his client and understanding the basics of DNA? Has he ever even done a case before where DNA evidence was presented? She seriously needs a better qualified lawyer. IMOO

IMO, no legitimately qualified criminal defence lawyer would be babbling on about DNA like he did last night. His colleagues there must be embarassed. IMOO

TT, I think LE was sending a message to the whole group.... Casey, her parents AND especially the brownie eater.....

WE AREN'T PLAYING YOUR GAMES.....

We AREN'T FALLING FOR YOUR AMATEURISH BLUFFS....

YOUR GIRL IS GOING DOWN.....

THE CLOCK IS TICKING FOR HER CHANCE OF LIMITED IMMUNITY.

Good post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member