Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the words to the song? I think it might be interesting.

The lyrics to Apologize:

I'm holding on your rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground
And I'm hearin' what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me then you go and cut me down
But wait
You tell me that you're sorry didn't think I'd turn around and say:

That it's too late to apologize
It's too late
I said it's too late to apologize
It's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
I need you like a heart needs a beat, it's nothing new
Yeah, yea
I loved you with a fire red now it's turning blue
And you say
Sorry, like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid

It's too late to apologize
It's too late
It's too late

It's too late to apologize
It's too late
It's too late

I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground

I don't know enough to blame Cindy for Casey's failure to complete high school. Just going by everyone's reports I'd say Casey learned to manipulate by setting herself up as a poor suffering victim. The rumored reports of an AP teacher being confronted by Cindy could be due to lies from Casey about bad treatment from the teacher. JG and his dad believe Casey was a victim of Cindy's control, but give no good examples. Tony believed that there was such horrible trouble at home with the parents that Casey had to get herself and Caylee away. Amy believed the lies about marriage problems, and Kio was told bad things about Cindy hating Hispanics. No one is this much of a victim especially when the people they tell things are the very ones being manipulated by her. She's a sociopath.

I agree - the idea that she's "Highly" intelligent simply doens't go with what we've seen from her. And "educated" - since when is high school drop out considered educated? From what I've seen she's barely literate. The note she wrote to the sheriff was bizarre "I ask of your help at this time", "You could help me in this manner". I think we have a tendency to make these "people" out to be more than they are. Just my opinion...:)

two cents: I really don't think .5 credit shy of graduating is considered a drop out. Sounds circumstantial. I have a friend who was not allowed to graduate because his family moved during the year and he was no longer in the correct school district, so they would not let him walk at the ceremony. He is now a major player in the packaging industry making more money than I'll ever see.

Maybe she wanted to get back at her mom - what better way than to not graduate from high school?

Some people aren't fighters or they are so disgusted they give up and give in....saying to themselves. if you are going to call me that i will become that. A self defeating attitide for sure.

Re: Casey's dropping out.
Maybe for the first time, Casey encountered a teacher who wouldn't let her slip through the cracks with a sweet smile and a lie. I think it's highly plausible Casey was conning her way out of things for much of her life. Maybe she often made up lies or sympathetic excuses to get out of assignments and obligations. Maybe she finally met her match in the form of an English teacher who wouldn't let her out of that final paper. Applying for an incomplete to finish the class over the summer would = work for Casey and it would be much easier to just drop out and tell Cindy it was all the English teacher's fault.

I am sorry, but I must, in all respect, disagree with this completely and utterly. Casey is NOT intelligent in the least. Intelligence and Casey are not even acquaintances of one another. She has enough of a vocabulary to get by on, but I have not been impressed with her at all. She strikes me as more of the clever and cunning type than the super intelligent type. I think CINDY wanted her to be more intelligent than she is, and she pushed her much harder than Casey could handle. Intelligence does not disassociate your from your emotions-it connects you to them and enables you to wade through the deep ones and surf over the waves. She could also have obtained validation through the love of her child, who would have adored her above all others and never forsaken her IF she had but been her mother...Sadly and often people who are imaginative and clever are mistaken for intelligent, and I think this is the case with Casey. She just isn't that smart.:blowkiss:

That explains it. Thank you.

ODD is diagnosed in children and teens; it may respond to therapy, but often gives rise to personality disorder (such as APD) in adults.

As an adult, Casey would not be diagnosed with ODD---but she may well have experienced it as a child; we haven't heard too much about her childhood behavior.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder ODD. It seems to me KC expresses this by her pathological lying. It is as though she has a complete adversion to the truth, a compunction to change it as though it were a poison. Also it has been stated that non of her behavior and words match reality so i think she lives in her own little universe. This is a survival mechanism.

That is so true. I couldn't wait to go to college and as far away as possible.

Kc seems a real homebody though. She obviously spent all her time with her child hanging out at her parents house or with friends and of course dancing but I noticed that she never ever went on trips out side of her immediate vacinity even when she had a chance to take a vacation or see 'radio head' with her friends or go to puerto rico.

I think that KC has a pattern of never completing anything. I wonder how soon before graduation her parents found out that she wasn't walking across the stage. Is the 1/2 credit another of CA's exagerations. I think that KC was smart, but not motivated to take care of herself. While she probably didn't like the responsibility of being a parent, I think that it provided her with something to hold over CA. CA could be as mad at KC as she wanted, but she had to watch it or KC could take Caylee and move out. What a way to turn the tables on a controling mother. I just think that after a while, the whole reality of a child and parenting set in and she decided she wanted out.

i think KC could be cured if she were placed in a group comune type situation monitored of course and far away from home where she would have to make her own choices and be accountable for them. i think group therapy would also help her in a setting where all involved were seeking the high ground or moral responsibility and respect for self others and community. People there would be given choices of individual projects to care for so that they would have some free will. This way she would have a chance to grow and evolve as a adult as opposed to a prison where her life will be spent defending herself from inmates and the like or a mental institution where she would be druged and given few choices except basketry or crayons or cards. i also disagree with the premise of giving poor food to inmates. First of all it costs tax payers money for their poor health and gas and indigerstible oils and bad food combinations produce more irritability and health issues. They don't have to have great food but natural organic vegetables and meat would educate them as well as produce more cooperation.

KC would need to be on close watch to monitor her behaviour and lies. It might have a dent on her brain especially if she enjoys it and has to work hard to achieve goals she makes.

artichokeheart: She pulled it off because she found very naive people to be her 'friends' more like victims.

txsvicki: No one is this much of a victim especially when the people they tell things are the very ones being manipulated by her...

ITA

That is so true. I couldn't wait to go to college and as far away as possible.

Kc seems a real homebody though. She obviously spent all her time with her child hanging out at her parents house or with friends and of course dancing but I noticed that she never ever went on trips out side of her immediate vacinity even when she had a chance to take a vacation or see 'radio head' with her friends or go to puerto rico.

Because mommy wouldn't let her. Though I'm sure part of why mommy wouldn't let her was because mommy supported her and her child not only by giving them a home but money and she was a live-in babysitter as well. Can't really blame Cindy for that.

Okay, there's an article on foxnews.com about Scott writing Casey. The picture they use of Casey is the original one that came out when this case first broke. She's wearing that blue hoodie she got from Target. But where is she in the pic? It looks like a car but it looks like she's standing up. Is she in a plane or something? This would have been after Casey disappeared b/c of the hoodie. Look how happy she looks.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444827,00.html

I know, it's sick, huh? That's when she was in cuffs being led out by police. I think that picture has a lot to do with why there was such an intense interest in this case right off the bat. If that isn't the face of an unconcerned mother I don't know what is.

I wouldn't call it 'evil'. Evil suggests a force bigger than life over which no one has power or control or understanding. That is not at all the case. That is why it is important to discuss this so that we can see the controlling mitigating factors that are recogniziable and therefor have the possibility of being contained and correcdted.

Would it have been less 'evil' if KC obeyed her mother's obvious irrational prejudice?

And I might add it might have been easier for KC to pull off her grandousity **** with blacks and hispanics who felt like striving wanna be's somewhat on the outside of society...what a boost to their ego's rubbing elbows with an 'event planner'. She had them snowed. They were so naive they believed her. I really don't see how anyone with a brain in their head and a college degree would have believed her. Who has such jobs where they can work from home day and night? I don't believe reaL event planners work that way not even producers. She pulled it off because she found very naive people to be her 'friends' more like victims.

Not evil just plain ole cause and effect.

And this is truly devestating for CA as she will never have the chance to smother another little girl.

This hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. Especially the part about evil.

I know someone who is close to the A family, and they choose to believe she has been possesed by an evil entity. It's much more agreeable than believing that she is a monster or even a sociopath.

And I am not saying that I don't believe in 'possesion', because I have actually encountered it.

Because mommy wouldn't let her. Though I'm sure part of why mommy wouldn't let her was because mommy supported her and her child not only by giving them a home but money and she was a live-in babysitter as well. Can't really blame Cindy for that.

No, i don't think so. Her mother gave KC her credit card to go on vacation with Caylee to Jacksonville. Casey never went but worked up a charge of $45,000! This is the time period when CA became more and more suspicious about why she couldn't see Caylee.

But it is probobly true in some respect that CA crippled KC enough so that she never would stray far from the nest.

Artichoke: But it is probobly true in some respect that CA crippled KC enough so that she never would stray far from the nest.

Learned helplessness, for sure. Narcissistic parents aren't interested in preparing their children--who are, for the needy parent, a narcissistic "supply" source--for independence, or adulthood. It is all about fulfilling the parent's neediness. And it backfired, bigtime.

<<Casey never went but worked up a charge of $45,000>>

I had heard this too, but never heard anything about what she could possibly have spent that much money on. That's a huge amount of money --- too much just for food, gas and essentials.

two cents: I really don't think .5 credit shy of graduating is considered a drop out. Sounds circumstantial. I have a friend who was not allowed to graduate because his family moved during the year and he was no longer in the correct school district, so they would not let him walk at the ceremony. He is now a major player in the packaging industry making more money than I'll ever see.

My husband found out right before hs grad that he was going to flunk 12th grade english...a requirement. (because he didn't do his homework..and then wonders where his kids get that!!!). he was allowed to walk with his class at the grad ceremony, and is listed a a graduate of that year. But he did have to retake english in summer school to get the actual diploma.`

OneLostGrl..I hope you have started writing your book, you are such an articuate, knowledgable, levelheaded person to have survived the rotten childhood and even longer than childhood, if I remember correctly, from some of your earlier posts. Your posts and others with similar lives as yours will help others to see how a person can get to to low points of ones life and sometimes act out and do horrible things to others. You are truly a hero in my eyes and so sorry that you had to endure all your pain. Too bad Casey could not have been as smart as you and made other choices in her life.

OneLostGrl..I hope you have started writing your book, you are such an articuate, knowledgable, levelheaded person to have survived the rotten childhood and even longer than childhood, if I remember correctly, from some of your earlier posts. Your posts and others with similar lives as yours will help others to see how a person can get to to low points of ones life and sometimes act out and do horrible things to others. You are truly a hero in my eyes and so sorry that you had to endure all your pain. Too bad Casey could not have been as smart as you and made other choices in her life.

Aww OMG how sweet, Thank you!! You gave me tears in my eyes :blowkiss:

No, i don't think so. Her mother gave KC her credit card to go on vacation with Caylee to Jacksonville. Casey never went but worked up a charge of $45,000! This is the time period when CA became more and more suspicious about why she couldn't see Caylee.

But it is probobly true in some respect that CA crippled KC enough so that she never would stray far from the nest.

I got this msg today on my profile from stark.. because it isn't a private msg and can be seen on my profile by anyone who goes there I don't think stark will mind if I share it here...

This is the text that was sent to me-

"Hi-I read your post abour kc and credit card...per cindy statement to police she did not have an active visa just a debit card as the family went through fincial crisis back in 2005 with ga having on line gambling issues and later kc opening credit cards in her parents name--all we have for proof is the 12k cc that kc opened in ga name--what we do know is cindy brother rick said that cindy took out 25k in her 401k plan to pay kc debts.....and 45k refinance house again 45k to pay ga loans.....gambling.....kc was never given a card to use with permission by her parents. kc stole her moms jc penny card and used it to have her hair done nad buy 2 crosses after june 16....."

here is the link so you can see where she wrote it to me on my profile.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/converse.php?u=35419&u2=3411

So I guess the credit card thing isn't real per Cindy in her police interview.

*Stark I hope you don't mind that I post this here but you are the only "link" I have to back up that Casey was not given a credit card to use.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname