Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot that they were even deliberating.... glad there is a verdict and it will be over :) I fully expect it to be the death penalty and would be shocked if it wasn't!

I hope the jurors will speak after this.... would like to hear what they have to say. JMO

I hope they do speak out at some point.

If they voted for death it sure shows they have no lingering doubt at all. None.

Imo

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 8m8 minutes ago
Good afternoon. I am at the downtown San Bernardino Justice Center to cover the jury’s verdict in the penalty phase for Charles “Chase” Merritt, convicted in the 2010 bludgeoning deaths of four members of the McStay family #mcstay

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 9m9 minutes ago
The verdict -- a recommendation of either death or life in prison without parole -- was reached earlier today and is scheduled to be read at 3:45 p.m. in the courtroom of Judge Michael A. Smith. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Smith will set a date for formal sentencing after hearing the jury’s decision. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Merritt, 62, was convicted June 10 of first-degree murder in the slayings of business associate Joseph McStay, 40, his wife, Summer, 43, and their two children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph Jr., 3, who disappeared from their Fallbrook home on Feb. 4, 2010. #mcstay #chasemerritt

The family’s remains were found in November 2013, nearly 4 years after they disappeared, in two shallow graves near Victorville in the Mojave Desert. #mcstay #chasemerritt

A 3-pound sledge hammer investigators said was used to kill the family was found buried with them.Merritt was arrested about one year later. #mcstay #chasemerritt

It's the worst place a sociopath with raging narcissism ever wants to be.

They must have others around them they can manipulate, and con into stroking the beast.

Imoo
I don't think he's a sociopath. He's a born psychopath. He has no interest in conning anyone - he steals for his benefit, has done so all his life. He started as a kid & never stopped. Many people were frightened of him, probably Joey too - that's why he continued to lend him money. He didn't do a con job on his victims - he just never delivered. The minute Joey called the debt in, he was killed. Proof that he's not a socio-path is how he sat everyday quietly, waiting, waiting - convinced that his luck would continue like it did in the past. He ignored the law for many years. When the camera panned his face during the 1st death penalty, I noticed he'd lost all hope (after his lawyers put on that stupid display). A sociopath never loses hope, convinced there is one more person, perhaps one more appeal that could be made.

Big shout out to @JDCrighton and @RKDeAtley for reliably being there when all others failed!! And again to JDCrighton for providing the audio when L&C pulled the cameras. I don't know if they read here but I certainly appreciate them.

Good afternoon. I am at the downtown San Bernardino Justice Center to cover the jury’s verdict in the penalty phase for Charles “Chase” Merritt, convicted in the 2010 bludgeoning deaths of four members of the McStay family #mcstay

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 9m9 minutes ago
The verdict -- a recommendation of either death or life in prison without parole -- was reached earlier today and is scheduled to be read at 3:45 p.m. in the courtroom of Judge Michael A. Smith. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Smith will set a date for formal sentencing after hearing the jury’s decision. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Merritt, 62, was convicted June 10 of first-degree murder in the slayings of business associate Joseph McStay, 40, his wife, Summer, 43, and their two children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph Jr., 3, who disappeared from their Fallbrook home on Feb. 4, 2010. #mcstay #chasemerritt

The family’s remains were found in November 2013, nearly 4 years after they disappeared, in two shallow graves near Victorville in the Mojave Desert. #mcstay #chasemerritt

A 3-pound sledge hammer investigators said was used to kill the family was found buried with them.Merritt was arrested about one year later. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Thank you for the tweets.

I wish we had been able to follow his tweets throughout the trial rather than Cathy with L&C.

Imo

Forgot that they were even deliberating.... glad there is a verdict and it will be over :) I fully expect it to be the death penalty and would be shocked if it wasn't!

I hope the jurors will speak after this.... would like to hear what they have to say. JMO

Wait, are you sure? I thought you were 100 percent convinced that the state hadn’t proved their case....

I’m just teasing you, and I also fully expect the DP

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley31s31 seconds ago

In court, Merritt and attorneys at defense counsel table. Prosecutors at theirs. Judge and jury not in court yet. Now McStay family members enter the court. If Merritt family members are here they are not taking their reserved rows. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member