Cheryl Dunlap Murder-Evidence Connected To GHM

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771211012

This link includes the pictures of the ATM in Florida. Interesting to notice the clothes being worn. The men's dress shirt and the navy Cap. I didn't see any dress shirts included in the inventory list..no doubt he knew to get rid of that. What about the hat?

dragonfly, look at Hilton's photo from the North Georgia News as he was being booked into the Union County jail. He has the EXACT same stance as the person in the photo using Cheryl's atm.
http://nganews.com/arrest.htm

That is also a very interesting point that there were no jeans or other normal articles of clothing in the evidence collected from the van; just expensive hiking apparel. They did find some type of knit cap, duct tape, and goggles in the evidence van.

Good catch on the jeans, Truly. I wonder if blood soaked jeans were in the dumpster. I don't remember a list of contents from the dumpster.

Dragonfly, I am having trouble seeing the hat in the ATM to know if they are the same. I think I read somewhere, maybe another blog, that the detail had been enhanced in that photo and a link.

He was also wearing a dark knit hat in the sheriff's dashcam video, which as several people mentioned earlier might connect Hilton to Cheryl's atm.

I know, pang, wouldn't it seem like he'd have regular clothes, work clothes, shirts warmer than mesh? I don't recall seeing a list of things he was throwing in the dumpster, but it was certainly taken as evidence, since they found Meredith's UGA id and fleece tops in there. There were a lot of backpacks and sleeping bags. Wonder what else?

To me, it looks very much like the same hat in both dash cam vid and the photo from the ATM on Tennessee st. Kinda of a dark blue or black knit "beanie" (?). Maybe it was his favorite hat, and he was wearing it when they caught him.

I wonder if Hilton had an obsession with hats because he was balding? (I know somebody who has a huge collection of hats for that very reason - and he never goes outside without wearing one)

Hiker - I agree with you - Hilton isn't going to get out of jail, and to be honest, trying somebody for the death penalty is extremely expensive and time consuming. He probably would die before he even was executed. It might be worth while to "trade" the death penalty for information...

Oh, I forgot to mention - as sick as this sounds - what are the chances the long sleeved shirt and jeans in the ATM pics are Cheryl's? I haven't any idea what she was wearing when she was abducted. He's a skinny sort of guy, he might have been able to wear her stuff.

It looks like he was wearing John Bryant's coat when he hit the Ducktown ATM... perhaps he thought by wearing the victim's clothes, he'd "pass" as the victim? (plus of course additional stuff like a mask and goggles)

The Baseball Cap: America's Favorite Hairpiece.:D

I wonder if Hilton had an obsession with hats because he was balding? (I know somebody who has a huge collection of hats for that very reason - and he never goes outside without wearing one)

While Hilton was in FL this Dec 2007 he got a warning from the forest deputy because he was not supposed to be camping where he was (atleast I think that was the reason). When they searched his van after he was arrested for Merdith's murder, they found that warning..so that places him in Fl , in the area, near the time Cheryl was abducted.

There is another young women who is missing from Fl who was going to the Smokie Mtns to camp. This was in 2005. After Hilton was captured a lady working at a store in the NC mountains in Dec 2005, thought she recognized Hilton as the man with this young women in her store. The young women has not been heard from since. I am wondering if the camping gear and some of the female items, pink tooth brush, pink jacket, hats, gloves, etc could be hers. Her hiking gear, suitcases, laptop, nothing has been found.
Article about Rossana the young women from south Fl

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/NEWS01/80114093

If he did this off and on between work for the past several years, let's say 6 or 7 times a year then we are looking at alot of vics. I think using the bankcards only recently started because he had not worked in so long.

What a huge amount of DNA and fingerprints to go through to try to find out who Hilton has been murdering. We know that the Bryants, Cheryl and Meredith are the tip of the iceberg. Hope this will give some other families the closure they need or an answer to where there family member is and what happened to them.

JMHO

While Hilton was in FL this Dec 2007 he got a warning from the forest deputy because he was not supposed to be camping where he was (atleast I think that was the reason). When they searched his van after he was arrested for Merdith's murder, they found that warning..so that places him in Fl , in the area, near the time Cheryl was abducted.

There is another young women who is missing from Fl who was going to the Smokie Mtns to camp. This was in 2005. After Hilton was captured a lady working at a store in the NC mountains in Dec 2005, thought she recognized Hilton as the man with this young women in her store. The young women has not been heard from since. I am wondering if the camping gear and some of the female items, pink tooth brush, pink jacket, hats, gloves, etc could be hers. Her hiking gear, suitcases, laptop, nothing has been found.
Article about Rossana the young women from south Fl

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/NEWS01/80114093

I'm wondering why he kept that warning notice. He seems like the defiant type who would throw it out the window with an expletive as soon as the deputy was out of view. Sometimes when you get stopped by LE and you show them a warning, they'll let you off because you just got one. He may have thought it might be useful, just in case.

another "trophy" for him, is what I think it was...I think he got a real thrill out of outwitting LE, getting his hand slapped from time to time for minor things....when his real deeds went unseen.
I can imagine him looking at the paper and laughing, to tell you the truth.....

It looks like he was wearing John Bryant's coat when he hit the Ducktown ATM... perhaps he thought by wearing the victim's clothes, he'd "pass" as the victim? (plus of course additional stuff like a mask and goggles)
Here is a detail of the photo of GMH at the Ducktown, TN ATM. Note the unusual 'V' opening toward the neckline design of the jacket and the duct tape. Have any of the Bryant family ID'ed this as their father's jacket? I know a yellow rain jacket has been mentioned, but this jacket is designed like the type kayakers and whitewater rafters wear - though it would work for a hiker I suppose.
Detailed.jpg

Hiker- I googled police yellow jackets after seeing some LE wearing something similar to the jacket shown in your ATM link. The reflective tape is in the same spot. Just found that interesting.

A Florida Grand Jury has indicted Hilton for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap today.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...hilton_0229.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Thank you, concernedperson. Personally, I hope they hold off on the death penalty until all of the crimes which the 61 year old Hilton may have committed are brought to trial and prosecuted. It must be somewhat of a relief for Cheryl's family that this is moving forward, and I hope other families also get the opportunity to charge Hilton and seek justice.

Thank you so much for the update. Investigators must have evidence connecting Hilton to Cheryl's murder, or else he is talking.

Thanks, concerned person! Does this now mean that he gets moved to Florida for possible trial, or does it depend on how he decides to plead? He will get a new public defender ( in Florida)..of that I am sure. Glad this is moving along.

Thanks, concerned person! Does this now mean that he gets moved to Florida for possible trial, or does it depend on how he decides to plead? He will get a new public defender ( in Florida)..of that I am sure. Glad this is moving along.

They haven't decided whether or not to seek the death penalty. I would say that he will be moving to Florida to attend this trial though. I don't think the Florida DA's feel the need or compassion to accept a plea.JMO.

From the WCTV website:

Gary Michael Hilton is indicted for the following offenses:
1 Count of Murder – No Bond
1 Count of Kidnapping – No Bond
2 Counts of Grand Theft - $25,000 each count
Leon County Sheriff's Office

What's the point of a $50,000 bond for the grand theft?

Thanks Tallytowngirl. I am on connectively challenged internet(dial up) and appreciate the links you and the rest of the great posters on the Gary Hilton threads find that would otherwise take me forever to locate.

It seems the vans yielded something after all to move this case to an indictment.

I heard on the radio this morning that Florida is planning on seeking the death penalty, but haven't found any news articles to corroborate.
CNN: Florida prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty against Gary Michael Hilton, who already is serving a life sentence in Georgia for killing a young woman he met hiking on New Year's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500