Cheryl Dunlap Murder-Evidence Connected To GHM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've hiked the woods near where they found Cheryl. To my recollection, there isn't any internet access there, either, so I don't think he's missing out on anything.

As for who would write him - even the worst of the worst of offenders often have family who love them dearly.

Sure they have family that love them. I love my brother, even if he hasn't made the best choices. I just haven't heard anything about any of Hilton's family. I assumed he didn't have any family left.

It always amazes me, that killers that take the lives of others, whine and cry when there is a chance that their lives will be taken. I know they are cowards but you would think that they would pretend otherwise.

I really don't understand why he's whining and crying about everything. After all, they did let him wear a bullet-proof vest to court! ;)

fran

PS........what a !:behindbar

I really don't understand why he's whining and crying about everything. After all, they did let him wear a bullet-proof vest to court! ;)

fran

Your right! The bullet-proof vest comment cracked me up!

fran

There was one courtroom picture I saw where it did look like he was wearing one. :crazy: Are you joking? Or was that really a bullet proof vest?:chicken:

Yeah, really was a bullet proof vest.

Thing is, I'm perfectly ok w/ Hilton staying alive - at least for a while. If he's alive, he can tell us where the bodies are buried. Otherwise, we'll never know.

If Florida seeks the Death Penalty (which I believe is the case), there's a whole lot of potential for bargaining. Don't know whether that's what they're thinking...

He'd suffer one helluva lot more in jail for what little is left of his life, than he would being euthanized. He's a loaner, loves the outdoors. He'd never see another tree or dog again, and he'd be surrounded by LOTS of big guys who won't like him. Doesn't that sound sweet?

I just read yesterday that the prosecutor in Florida does plan on pursuing the death penalty in Cheryl's case.

Thanks for verifying the bullet-proof vest comment.

The Leon County Sheriff’s Office is in Georgia and will bring Gary Michael Hilton to Leon County today, said State Attorney Willie Meggs.

from the Tallahassee Democrat

"About 10 a.m. Friday, three cars from Florida pulled off Ga. 36 in Butts County and headed south on I-75 with Hilton in the middle one, Meggs said.
"We told them to take back roads in case Georgia changed its mind," Meggs said. "We're just making sure we get him here.""

Updated: Sheriff Campbell says it's Florida's turn to prosecute Hilton

The man charged in the December death of Crawfordville resident Cheryl Dunlap was brought to Leon County on Friday despite his attempts to fight extradition from Georgia.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, arrived about 3:15 p.m. at the Leon County Jail in a white SUV surrounded by three unmarked Leon County Sheriff’s Office vehicles.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080606/BREAKINGNEWS/80606013/-1/BREAKINGNEWS

Updated: Judge keeps Gary Hilton in Leon County Jail without bail

Man accused in Cheryl Dunlap's death extradited Friday to Leon County

Leon Circuit Judge Charles Francis presided over the first local court appearance of Gary Michael Hilton, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the December slaying of Cherly Dunlap.

Francis, who was at the jail for Hilton's appearance, set no bail.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080607/NEWS01/806070327

one baby step closer to finding out evidence leon county has in the case.

lot's of us anxious to know the facts.

the trial could probably fill campbell stadium.... maybe that's a good idea. charge admission to offset expense of prosecution.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080625/BREAKINGNEWS/80625012

State prosecutors this week have filed a list of evidence in the Gary Michael Hilton case at the Leon County courthouse.

Hilton, 61, was indicted on charges of murder, kidnapping and grand theft in the death of 46-year-old Cheryl Dunlap, a Crawfordville resident who disappeared Dec. 1, 2007. Her body was found in the Apalachicola National Forest about two weeks later.
The list of evidence includes a surveillance video from Hancock Bank, bank records, DNA samples, Cheryl Dunlap’s driver’s license, a security tape from Wayside Farm General Store and other assorted items, according to court records.

The State Attorney’s Office also included a list of 384 witnesses interviewed in connection with the case.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080625/BREAKINGNEWS/80625012

State prosecutors this week have filed a list of evidence in the Gary Michael Hilton case at the Leon County courthouse.

Hilton, 61, was indicted on charges of murder, kidnapping and grand theft in the death of 46-year-old Cheryl Dunlap, a Crawfordville resident who disappeared Dec. 1, 2007. Her body was found in the Apalachicola National Forest about two weeks later.
The list of evidence includes a surveillance video from Hancock Bank, bank records, DNA samples, Cheryl Dunlap’s driver’s license, a security tape from Wayside Farm General Store and other assorted items, according to court records.

The State Attorney’s Office also included a list of 384 witnesses interviewed in connection with the case.

Sounds like they are including everyone who was interviewed vs. all evidence. Now, with that said if they found Cheryl's drivers license in Hilton's possession that would be huge.

I am very glad that they are moving forward in this case....from what I have read, she was very much loved by all who knew her....
and yes, indeed, the driver's license, even if not in his possession, may have had his prints on it.
Hilton had gotten away with so much for so long, that I think he became too sure of himself....

Hopefully he gets cocky and starts bragging about all the murders he's committed if he knows he's getting the death penalty anyway. I'm sure there's a ton more. People just don't up and start killing at age 61; especially not in the manner he did. He's been at it a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59