Cheryl Dunlap Murder-Evidence Connected To GHM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great link NNY! Fascinating! I hope all of the GMH encounters are getting reported to LE.

I have been following this board on the Tallahassee Democrat for about a week....very interesting posts.....

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbc...ckCurrentPage=19&sid=sitelife.tallahassee.com

Holy smokes, did you read that article from Greene Publishing that was on the Democrat Crimestoppers blog at the above link? Somebody thinks she saw Hilton accompanied by two men (and Hilton's dog) a few years back, and thinks they were helping Hilton try to get to her...

http://www.greenepublishing.com/archivethirtyseven.html

The article is the second one down: A close encounter with a killer mind.

Sorry, old news... but I hadn't seen it posted here. I got wind of it from Tallahassee Democrat Blog. (I hadn't looked at it in a while! Thanks NNY!!! for posting that link!)

I posted above a quote from a WCTV article:

Gary Michael Hilton is indicted for the following offenses:
<snip>
2 Counts of Grand Theft - $25,000 each count

Turns out one of the counts of grand theft was Cheryl's ATM card, the other was Cheryl's car.

Meggs said the two counts of grand theft were for Hilton&#8217;s alleged theft of money with Dunlap&#8217;s ATM card and for using her car without her permission. He did not elaborate.

From Hilton indicted in Florida Murder
updated 2/29/08

PUBLIC DEFENDERS APPOINTED

Two assistant public defenders have been appointed to represent the man indicted in the December killing of Crawfordville resident Cheryl Dunlap.

Ines Suber, chief of the capital murder division, and Steve Been were appointed to represent Gary Michael Hilton, who is currently in a Georgia prison.

State Attorney Willie Meggs had called for a hearing today, because he said Hilton was not entitled to a public defender until he’d been arraigned and declared indigent...
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...GNEWS/80313010

Hiker, thanks so much for that link....
looking at what I am surmising is a recent pic of Hilton, I must say that he really, really gives me the creeps...
if Evil had a face, this would be it....
sad that his face was the last one seen by so many unfortunate victims.....

This month's Appalachian Trail Conservancy's magazine, AT Journeys, has a 1-page summary-type article on this tragedy. It quotes Winton Porter, owner of Mountain Crossings (the outfitter at foot of Blood Mountain) as saying that he had been trying to have GMH run off for several months. Hilton was living in or near shelters in the area, but authorities told him nothing could be done because Hilton was complying with most regulations.

Unfortunately, this article is not available on-line and the material is copy written so I cannot copy it.

looking at what I am surmising is a recent pic of Hilton, I must say that he really, really gives me the creeps...

Yes, Hiker - thanks for the link!

If that's a current picture of Hilton (which it looks like it is), he's looking worse now than he did before... guess being inside a jail and not out in the woods playing his merry little games is getting to him.

ah, shucky darn.

Thanks Hiker... I am looking into requesting the AT Journeys through my extensive library system.
I think Hilton looks subdued and medicated.

It always amazes me, that killers that take the lives of others, whine and cry when there is a chance that their lives will be taken. I know they are cowards but you would think that they would pretend otherwise.

well, you know that Florida just cannot wait to give him the same welcome that they gave to Ted Bundy! I will be very happy when he is taken there....

Hilton wrote in the petition that he is being denied his &#8220;constitutional right to due process&#8221; and that he is being held &#8220;virtually incommunicado&#8221; in the Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, Ga. He said he has not been given a copy of the Florida arrest warrant.

&#8220;I have no access to the telephone, the Internet and very little U.S. mail,&#8221; he said in the handwritten petition. &#8220;The postage stamp and envelope that I am using to mail this was given to me by another inmate. I am being held so closely that it was only today, April 16, that I was able obtain the mailing address of this court, and I&#8217;m not really sure that it is the correct address. This means it took me 13 days just to get this court&#8217;s possible address.&#8221;

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dl...AKINGNEWS/80423019&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Hilton wrote in the petition that he is being denied his “constitutional right to due process” and that he is being held “virtually incommunicado” in the Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, Ga. He said he has not been given a copy of the Florida arrest warrant.

“I have no access to the telephone, the Internet and very little U.S. mail,” he said in the handwritten petition. “The postage stamp and envelope that I am using to mail this was given to me by another inmate. I am being held so closely that it was only today, April 16, that I was able obtain the mailing address of this court, and I’m not really sure that it is the correct address. This means it took me 13 days just to get this court’s possible address.”

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dl...AKINGNEWS/80423019&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

I'm wondering who would write him. Why should he have internet access? Does he think he is on vacation? Prison's do not provide stamps and envelopes. They don't even provide soap, toothpaste, or a toothbrush. At least prisons in my state don't, my brother was in prison for a year.

I'm wondering who would write him. Why should he have internet access? Does he think he is on vacation? Prison's do not provide stamps and envelopes. They don't even provide soap, toothpaste, or a toothbrush. At least prisons in my state don't, my brother was in prison for a year.

I've hiked the woods near where they found Cheryl. To my recollection, there isn't any internet access there, either, so I don't think he's missing out on anything.

As for who would write him - even the worst of the worst of offenders often have family who love them dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500