Closing arguments- thread #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't manslaughter what Jodi originally put on the table years ago? Then time served? Bet this was at JA's insistence.
If you go way back in the court Minute Entries when that was being acted on, DT also said JA would NOT admit remorse since she was claiming self defense.... why you never heard SORRY.

Was JA's interview with Det. Flores entered into evidence?

I thought she did testify she injured her finger that day. It was a time where she said, or agreed to having injured her left finger 2 or 3 times in a short period of time, while discussing the murder. She realized what she said, then tried to play dumb and act like she thought JM was talking about another day, IIRC.

She told Det. Flores that she injured it in the struggle while stabbing Travis.

No she did not. She told Flores that one of the intruders did it. At the time, she was sticking to her intruder story. The struggle with Travis story came years after that interview with Flores.

Juander-fully...dismantling the defense once again. Beautiful!

I am hearing the 'clink' of glasses all over the world in a toast to Juan for a job well done!:rockon:

He's doing WELL!

Thanks guys, for the updates!

Wow. Samantha looks broken. It's even more shocking when you compare her distress with Jodi's calm self.

And oh yeah, CEO looks pissed he can't be on that jury.

So they are deliberating? How long ago did they start? Do we know yet who has been picked to be on the jury? How long can they go for today?

Where was CEO? Thanks guys!!!

Chris Williams@chriswnews

Ran into #TravisAlexander's brother in hall outside #JodiArias ctroom. Asked him "how are you doing?" Answered "nervous" #verdictwatch

Look look after court!!

Great shots of JM smiling in the corner of the screen. It's from about 2:00 osh. He's talking to a couple of people I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWtISPw4rjE

ETA and Part 3 too
[video=youtube;j0xuwKz0USs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0xuwKz0USs[/video]

Yes, we can infer that, but there was still no need for Juan to state it as a fact -- i.e that Jodi said she incurred the injury while stabbing Travis. She did not say that directly, just that her ring finger injury is the only visible injury from June 4th.

Come on, this is just silly. She admitted she acquired the injury on June 4 as a result of the killing. It's enough and it's common sense. And therefore JM did not mischaracterise her testimony as was stated. Besides, he is allowed "fair comment".

Jury schedule M-F 9-4:30

Beth says Martinez once had a DP jury come back with Guilty in 15 minutes

Long time lurker 1st time poster...

I just wanted to say a prayer for Travis and the family... My god be with them and keep them strong through these few next days... And may the Voice of Reason speak through the Jury... Juctice is coming Jodi... Mark My Words!

:wagon:

HLN showing attorneys and Jodi at the bench talking to the judge.

Went back to WAT and watched.

Jodi and Mit Spec. were engrossed in a document (jury instructions??).

Finally sheriff that watches Jodi approached them and said something that Jodi did not like. She scrunched up her nose...Looked like she said "so what?" I think he took her back to a room/holding cell.

Juan and Judge S in very good mood. Laughing and talking to other people.

Jodi.....Geez they treat me like a criminal. Don't they know who I am????

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:praying: Jurors, please follow the instructions to reach your verdict.

Jurors, don't let me down.
This is important to me.
I've been in my bathrobe since January!
(acceptable ALV exaggeration)

Only one who knows how preposterous "self-defense" is in this case and doesn't even believe it himself.

At least now it appears JA will be convicted of something....no chance for an acquittal.

:D

I don't think there was ever a chance of a flat out acquittal and I think everyone on both sides has known that from beginning. There's still a possibility of a hung jury, but much less likely now that the lesser includeds are charged. All jmo

ok so I"m getting 4 ladies and 8 guys? How do u think this will affect the verdict? I think the guys will definately be able to see her manipulative ways but I'm not sure...Jodi did seem very happy after the alternate jurors will announced.

The number of men bothered me but several posted that they would know Travis was a normal guy and they would see JA's manipulation so I feel a little better

You guys :floorlaugh:
Ay caramba
To keep the peace and snark at it lowest while we wait for the verdict, there is something called the "ignore list" under User CP. :twocents:

I never used the Ignore feature until this trial... and let me tell you, it has saved my sanity! Try it everyone - you'll like it! :)

They are allowed two "appliances". I wonder what that includes? One of mine would surely be a fan, since there's no airconditioning.

bet ja will want a couple vibrators :blushing:

Yes, we can infer that, but there was still no need for Juan to state it as a fact -- i.e that Jodi said she incurred the injury while stabbing Travis. She did not say that directly, just that her ring finger injury is the only visible injury from June 4th.

But she said it as a fact when she was being interrogated by Flores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member